What Cain did was absolutely amazing

Agreed about Cain not being able to quite hold JDS down the way other wrestlers hold some fighters down. Junior Dos Santos's defensive grappling is up there. His cardio is also very good for a big man. Both guys had great stamina, as far as heavyweights go.

Mark Hunt and Ben Rothwell gassed in a three-rounder, for example.

These guys still looked like they could fight some more after the fifth round.

The fight looked sloppy to me. Cain was going for take downs and rolling on the matt and JDS was gassed in first 3 minutes of the fight. It wasn't as technical as Rogan called it. Speaking of Rogan, could he not be more biased in the fight?

It was just a weird fight for me and I wasn't as impressed as everyone else who watched that fight. JDS was fighting with his hands down to defend the takedown and he hardly ever threw the right hand like there was someting wrong with it.

I don't know it was just a weird fight.

Happy for Cain. He and JDS are both good ambassedors for MMA.

Looking forward to seeing who they fight next

The reem is incredibly strong.. He dead lifts over 700 lbs, he has the ability to rag doll Cain and stuff his td's .. I see Overeem finishing Cain with brutal knees and kicks

I don't see what deadlifting has got to do with fighting. Is he going to attempt Matt Hughes-slams on Cain? Testostereem was ragdolled by Hunt in Japan. I don't see why Cain, an accomplished wrestler, couldn't do to Testostereem what he did to JDS.

Funny thing, the only distinctive parts of Overeem's game are his kicks and knee strikes.

That was a thing of beauty, complete mixed martial arts. Made a thread that Cain will dominate a 5 rounder, but never expected JDS' will to be broken like that.

Few things I noticed:

1- That fight is all about that first round. What Cain did was completely sick. Throwing telegraphed takedowns, combos with takedowns, head kicks, all at a quick aggressive pace showing no fear of getting KOd again, and all that just froze JDS. You can clearly see in that first round, JDS did not know what to do! His hands froze, he stopped boxing and using his jab. The fear of the takedown was so high, and that's the power of being a complete fighter.

2- JDS ground game is actually pretty freakin good. That was a broken down, out of breath JDS that we saw and still he couldn't be held down for a long time and that's pretty sick. In a fight where Cain doesn't land a super punch to take JDS's breath and they are just fighting at their best, JDS can stop TDs and spring back up faster making it a completely different fight.

3- Cain seriously needs to go for submissions! Obviously this has been mentioned all over sherdog, but when JDS was rocked to hell, there was an easy RNC. I get no hooks so he can ride the back when they scramble but take a risk when there's a huge opportunity like that. Would have been Fedor like to get in there, get the TDs, get the power punch and get that RNC.

4- The crowd deserves a vicious ass whooping for booing JDS like that. I love JDS, he's a fighter, every dog has his day, everyone takes a beating in this game, but booing him like that is just seriously twisted. Guy is superbly genuinely nice.

5- To the idiots saying Cain's cardio is a myth, you have confirmed that you are an idiot. The amount of emotions that runs through you in a fight affects your cardio, add that to Cain spamming TDs and kissing the floor consecutively, plus the rush of trying to finish, and about a billion takedowns and two billion takedown attempts, and mixing kickboxing and clinching for 25 minutes, you have a superhuman heavyweight. Heavyweights aren't made to do this for 25 minutes. This is bad as when you said Cain's chin sucks, probably the exact same people.

Cain and JDS will definitely meet at least 4 times in this lifetime. Them and Overeem are miles away from everyone else so expect these 3 to fight each others over and over.

Thanks for the ones who read! WAR CAIN and WAR JDS,

We pretty much made the same thread, good points man. Good to see somebody else break it down.

The reem is incredibly strong.. He dead lifts over 700 lbs, he has the ability to rag doll Cain and stuff his td's .. I see Overeem finishing Cain with brutal knees and kicks

Oh, and throwing leg strikes will leave you exposed for takedowns. Overeem will hesitate. When it comes to the hands, Overeem is laughably average. Beat down by Chuck, Shogun, Sergei and licked by Werdum several times.

Reem doesn't have the cardio for Cain.

This. Shit cardio as we've seen in the Werdum fight and other fights. If he throws kicks at Cain, he'll be exposed for the wrestling game of Cain.

I don't see how Overeem wins unless Cain gives him the fight.

but reem avoids cains punches and ragdolls him easy
he would finish cain in 2 rounds

No. He couldn't avoid Werdum's punches. Overeem's boxing is average to bad.

Overeem hasn't ragdolled anyone. Ever. Or at least anyone who wasn't a faded has-been (James Thompson).

Fight was a train wreck. Let's all forget it happened and maybe we'll never be subjected to a 3rd fight.

No. He couldn't avoid Werdum's punches. Overeem's boxing is average to bad.

This is true. Werdum could've cruised to a decision if he would of kept striking with reem instead of trying to pull guard and butt scooting.

Actually Cain was somewhat desperate in the first round shooting for TDs back and forth. What he did that was amazing was showing no fear of trading with JDS and tagging and dropping him.
I believe JDS was so wrongly confident on his boxing he didn't capitalize on Cain's failed TD attempts.

Actually Cain was somewhat desperate in the first round shooting for TDs back and forth. What he did that was amazing was showing no fear of trading with JDS and tagging and dropping him.
I believe JDS was so wrongly confident on his boxing he didn't capitalize on Cain's failed TD attempts.

You could see JDS trying to capitalize with uppercuts and hooks as Cain was shooting in, but he just could not get the timing down.

Honestly, I thought JDS was exposed as one-dimensional. When Cain neutralized his one asset, his boxing, it was all she wrote. Domination.

Both men gassed horribly. How can anyone fucking deny that?

The first TD was great, but surprisingly, as you say he got desperate for the next couple of TDs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back