what association do you think has the best no gi tech

Hey, @tekkenfan ... PUNCTUATION EXISTS FOR A REASON, MOTHERFUCKER. USE IT.

I hate trying to read your posts. It's like the unbroken rantings of a child. You know how kids just speak without any pauses or filter and it never makes any sense? That's how your posts read.

I don't know why it triggers me so bad, but it does.

{<jimmies}

Lmfao this made my day

Blah, just play a game then. Those fundamental movements are done half assed as well.

Also an advanced class should not need warmups. You should be able to pace yourself to warm up, even if it's just a rolling session.

sure, but it's a class and the class needs to warm up. i agree that warmups are often not structured as well as they could be (should be no longer than 5 mins imo, followed by a transition activity such as "drill your favorite takedowns back and forth"), but that doesn't mean you should ditch them or reappropriate them as a jason scully video.

those warmups violate a core educational principle of doing 1 thing really well instead of 10,000 things half-assed. I think a much better BJJ warmup in the same vein is to say something like "5 minutes, do your favorite closed guard sweep over and over."

Funny you say that. That's exactly how I do warm ups for blues and up. 5 minutes of drilling any sweep you like and 5 mins of drilling any pass you like. Upper belts feel free to tack a sub or back take or some extra spice on the end.

Warming up properly with drills is super important. It's no wonder that people don't warm and then spew bullshit how you need steroids for "recovery" to roll hard everyday.

I think warming up doing technique is way better than jumping jacks and shit, although for old folks doing some jumping jacks planks and stuff might be healthier. I personally need to warm up my Lower back, so I rather do some planking than any other drill.

Warming up properly with drills is super important. It's no wonder that people don't warm and then spew bullshit how you need steroids for "recovery" to roll hard everyday.

If you are over 30 and not a competitive athlete you cant roll hard every day without your body breaking a part... Yeah life sucks...

If you are over 30 and not a competitive athlete you cant roll hard every day without your body breaking a part... Yeah life sucks...

Not yet 30 but unfortunately getting close. But I still can train harder then the younger roiders. What is weird I feel a lot worse doing bitchass style training at some tiny club I temporarly training at. When I was training hard for competitions I felt great and felt I was getting stronger rather then getting injured.

thats a personal issue then i be one thing if i cant spell anything and tons of typos when i use this shitty phone im not gonna go through punctuating everything very tedious to do

Also I know you're being facetious tekkenfan but you should really try out a class at a 10th planet. I've taken two and they were the exact same format as any bjj class I've taken anywhere else. I will concede that their guard passing is generally weaker than most other places among the lower belts but I don't think this is the case with their brown/black belts.

i was obviously joking about the eddie thing i use to be really into eddie back in 2007 as a teenager i use to study the system religiously but i could never get it to work on anyone above blue so i abandoned it didnt like that his guard work stuff nullify my hip movement i have weird flexible hips which i can use more of with open guards also i really dislike his half guard system its very stall based i feel

Not yet 30 but unfortunately getting close. But I still can train harder then the younger roiders. What is weird I feel a lot worse doing bitchass style training at some tiny club I temporarly training at. When I was training hard for competitions I felt great and felt I was getting stronger rather then getting injured.

That’s cause you’re not 30 yet. Anyways if you were a hardcore athlete you will not fell it right away, but a few years into your 30s you will need to step it down a bit...

i was obviously joking about the eddie thing i use to be really into eddie back in 2007 as a teenager i use to study the system religiously but i could never get it to work on anyone above blue so i abandoned it didnt like that his guard work stuff nullify my hip movement i have weird flexible hips which i can use more of with open guards also i really dislike his half guard system its very stall based i feel

His hg game is good to stall no doubt, but it’s also good to attack, if you get on your side, Eddie and lots of his students make it work, on high level guys, so obviously it does work

His hg game is good to stall no doubt, but it’s also good to attack, if you get on your side, Eddie and lots of his students make it work, on high level guys, so obviously it does work

well im not a fan of sitting on yourside working for just 1 sweep for 10 minutes like vs royler given yeah it was royler who has great base but still

im more into if something isnt working within 30 seconds go to something else its like fishing you gotta keep moving around till you find the fish keep fishing for attacks transitions till you get the big one

its just not fun i use to do it as a early blue back when his books first came out. it isnt fun sitting there getting smashed on locking onto guys leg and eventually hoping to do 1 sweep lol

all that hard work for 1 sweep is waste of time especially with time limits. i guess if your in gym and u dont mind having super long rolls then ok but for competitions i dont think thats a smart strategy

thats why i love leite dude is sweeping right away. i see him sweeping top guys in 10 seconds thats the style half guard i wana emulate

Last edited:
also speaking of hg wonder how renzo/dds guys like to play hg

i know tom likes a half butterfly

thats a personal issue then i be one thing if i cant spell anything and tons of typos when i use this shitty phone im not gonna go through punctuating everything very tedious to do

Bro even if you have a phone that's 10 years old it's not a challenge to use punctuation.

Garry Tonon does use the lock down to electric chair to heel hook. See his fight with held for how he sets it up.

they dont do lockdown like how bravo doe sit they were calling lockdown the scorpion lock and used the inside leg vs outside leg so they can go into deep half easier ect at least from what i seen from tom deblass dvd

they dont do lockdown like how bravo doe sit they were calling lockdown the scorpion lock and used the inside leg vs outside leg so they can go into deep half easier ect at least from what i seen from tom deblass dvd

I don't think Tom is part of the DDS. I would guess Gary and Ryan show him some things sometimes.

Back