what are your least favorite fighter monikers/nicknames?

f1ss1onch1ps

White Belt
Reaction score
For some inexplicable reason, I cringe whenever Bruce Buffer reads Benson Henderson's name as "Benson 'Smooth' Henderson". I prefer Bendo, even if that nickname was ripped straight from Dan's.

So what say you?

I'm sick of the nickname Pitbull, though one of my favourite fighters have that name in Thiago Alves.

I think Black Fedor is a stupid name but I don't know if that counts.

I'm sick of the nickname "Pitbull".

Beat me to it. Anything really that is just super corny and has a lot of fighters using it.

On the other hand, there are some unique ones that i love. Nick "The Ninja of Love" is probably my favorite.

I hate a lot of nicknames

Ares
Pitbull
Doberman
Anything assassin
Dream
Dean of mean
Smooth
Kenflo
J-lau
Handsome
Shared nicknames like Cyborg. Get your own

Oh and the promise and horror.

"The Filipino Wrecking Machine" is pretty bad

Ares. How stupid is that.

Lol, I definitely agree. I thought his former moniker, "The Waterboy", was pretty sweet actually, points for originality and it's ironic in a cool way since it's such a misnomer. "Ares" is super lame and dumb, but it actually suits Rory's awkward, serial killer-esque personality though.... and that's not a good thing haha, the nickname just reminds me of why I'm not a fan of him.

I always thought Dean of Mean was pretty lame too

Matt "The Immortal" Brown....worst ever...EVER!!

Diego "The Dream" Sanchez

Fuck that. Bring back The Nightmare !!!

And yeah i do know it's linked to his life and supposed attitude change but Dream is still pretty gay

i hate cheesy movie ripoff nicknames;

Natural Born Killer
American Psycho
etc.

are we suppose to not get the reference? are we suppose to think they came up with that all by themselves? and think theyre really badass for having seen movies in the 90s?

whats next? Cain "Lethal Weapon 4" Velasquez? "oh yea, all my buddies at the gym call me lethal weapon 4 cause i'm such a lethal weapon 4ish type of fighter i guess"

Last edited:
probably the one that bothered me the most was Kenflo but I don't know.

I thought Kieth "The Dean of Mean" Jardine was an awesome nickname.

Ares is mentioned a lot hear and yeah I agree.. I think he needs one that suits him better.

Before Mike Swick was Mike "Quick" Swick, he was "Kid Lion"

That is still p4p the dumbest fucking nickname I've ever heard

the war master/ baby-faced assassin aka josh barnett. worst nicknames ever.

i hate cheesy movie ripoff nicknames;

Natural Born Killer
American Psycho
etc.

are we suppose to not get the reference? are we suppose to think they came up with that all by themselves? and think theyre really badass for having seen movies in the 90s?

whats next? Cain "Lethal Weapon 4" Velasquez? "oh yea, all my buddies at the gym call me lethal weapon 4 cause i'm such a lethal weapon 4ish type of fighter i guess"

Lol, i was about to disagree with your first point, but Cain "Lethal Weapon 4" Velasquez made me laugh.

Come on.. The worst has to be "The People's Champ" Tito Ortiz..

Back