• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are your hobbies/interests?

Only one, and only because I happened to be traveling. You know the one I mean.

I was 17 at the time. I didn't really know that sky very well and wouldn't honestly have noticed it on my own. But I was with a group of observers who were all over it.
As unlikely as it probably is, I've been hoping for one nearer, in the MW, before I die. That one was... 100,000 LY away?

I bet there've been more recent than... what was the last one, Kepler's? - on the far side of the galaxy, obscured by the dust and whatnot.

You mean the last MW supernova?

You mean the last MW supernova?
I mean SN 1987A. It was pretty close.
I've also been hoping Eta Carinae might get interesting in my lifetime.
Admittedly, I like big blasts. I can see on a photograph or in my eyepiece that an extragalactic SN is clearly brighter than its host galaxy.

But I'm talking about one in our neighborhood, one most people would be able to notice as outshining even Venus.

drinking
combat sports
planning the finnish conquest of scandinavia

Making Benjamin's, y'all!!!
giphy.gif

BJJ, lifting weights, disc golf, kayaking, hunting, hiking, gold panning, knife making, and I just completed in three gun for the first time.

I do some woodworking make things like cutting boards, some furniture, etc. Also do some knife making and am starting to learn blacksmithing.

Currently in the process of setting up a shop at my new house.

I like to collect vinyl! I can go hours on Discogs looking for classics!
PicsArt_12-29-07.30.36.jpg PicsArt_04-23-08.08.05.jpg

Beer

I drink it, I make it, I study it. That's my hobby. With my son and or my wife I like to go for bike rides, hiking, camping, fishing, and kayaking.

I do some woodworking make things like cutting boards, some furniture, etc. Also do some knife making and am starting to learn blacksmithing.

Currently in the process of setting up a shop at my new house.

Started to learn woodworking a few years ago. Not great, but I made some tables and stands and such. It was a hole for me though. Had to get a lathe, and learn that too. What's the point of learning make tables and stands without nice legs? This kept on going. Had to sell and cut back.

Blacksmithing looks like a lot of fun. Probably never going to get around to that though. Good luck on everything.

Just boxing at the minute

Trying to get into guitar but I find it hard to pick it up and get going

Started to learn woodworking a few years ago. Not great, but I made some tables and stands and such. It was a hole for me though. Had to get a lathe, and learn that too. What's the point of learning make tables and stands without nice legs? This kept on going. Had to sell and cut back.

Blacksmithing looks like a lot of fun. Probably never going to get around to that though. Good luck on everything.

I feel ya on the tools. I want everything I can get my hands on.

Just got a nice Makita Random Orbit Sander from FB Marketplace for like 50 bucks. It will replace my cheap Harbor Freight one.

American football, lifting weights for football, tending to my lawn and hedges, building Lego, playing online games with friends.

Surfing when I have the time.

Kids put a dent in it all but I have my fun.

Forgot, sailing. That however is more part of who I am rather than something I do for fun.

Last edited:
Just curious what everyone's hobbies or interests are here. I'm sure it will quickly become a thread about collecting fleshlights as what typically happens here, but try to be serious. I want to see what members here do in their free time.

I watch and play a lot of sports still: basketball, football, tennis, racket ball, bowling, ping pong, and volleyball. I play guitar and kind of play keyboard, but I'm learning. I collect acoustic guitars. I like to build computers and fix computers. I sometimes program for fun. I do photography and lately videography with drone footage as I'm into that too. I do a bit of audio engineering with songs I come up with. I do a little cooking with my Sous Vide and smoker. I also sometimes bake. I want to learn how to draw too.

What do you guys do?
Sounds like you have way too much free time. Get a job, bum.

American football, lifting weights for football, tending to my lawn and hedges, building Lego, playing online games with friends.

Surfing when I have the time.

Kids put a dent in it all but I have my fun.

Forgot, sailing. That however is more part of who I am rather than something I do for fun.

you can surf in uk?

Sex with midgets is a hobby I'd like to get into.

I retired young. All I do is take care of my Family, play Bass, Fish A LOT, Kayak, Hike, Read, excercise and enjoy life!

Back