What are you playing? v.10 (Red Falcon Edition)

Your Super Contra gun of choice?

• Total voters
Finally upgraded my entire system+monitor, goodbye to i5-6500k / 1070 and hello to rtx 4080 super / ryzen 7 7800X3D

Now to tackle several years worth of backlog including Cyberpunk 2077, Shadow Warrior 3, System Shock and more

Finally upgraded my entire system+monitor, goodbye to i5-6500k / 1070 and hello to rtx 4080 super / ryzen 7 7800X3D

Now to tackle several years worth of backlog including Cyberpunk 2077, Shadow Warrior 3, System Shock and more

Speaking System Shock, you're gunna have system shock from making such a huge jump in CPU n GPU power! I feel safe saying you're gunna have a blast gaming everything at max graphics.

What monitor did you grab? I just got the LG 39" Ultragear OLED 39-Inch WQHD 240Hz 0.03ms on sale for $800 on Amazon. Gets delivered tomorrow, can't wait!

Speaking System Shock, you're gunna have system shock from making such a huge jump in CPU n GPU power! I feel safe saying you're gunna have a blast gaming everything at max graphics.

What monitor did you grab? I just got the LG 39" Ultragear OLED 39-Inch WQHD 240Hz 0.03ms on sale for $800 on Amazon. Gets delivered tomorrow, can't wait!
MSI MAG 27CQ6F , 180hz WQHD (2560x1440). Not that big but it is on a desk so there is not much distance between me and it. Maybe I'll get bigger one someday.

Still playing PS4 Fifa 21, servers go down in a month.
Always 500 players online

I am farming stuff in Terraria. I need to do some stuff before beating the wall of flesh.

Still Grinding through Witchfire.

Played around with a bunch of gear and think I settled on my primary load out and some room for gear swapping when needed.

Beat the first boss and able to farm him to level up my gear and circled back to the first area to take on the tower challenge can't believe how hard it is for a first area. It takes a bunch of prep just make an attempt, the. You get saddled with a few debuffs on your way through each floor that you're at the mercy of RNG and can get stuffed before you even really start.

Struggling with the 3rd floor and haven'tade it to the boss yet. Still having a blast though.

Playing through Cyberpunk 2077 again. Trying to stay away from the main story and focus on more side stuff this time. Having just played through Starfield, the dialogue and voice acting in this stands out in a way it never did before. It's fantastic. Every character has it's own unique personality, humor, quirks etc.... Everyone talked about how "flat" Starfield was but this makes it seem 10x worse.

Reactions: Zer
I went on a months long CDPR kick. PLayed TW3 and both DLCs and right after I jumped back into CP2077 and PL. Just finished that on Saturday.

Now I'm going to be firing up Alien Isolation and giving it a proper go. Had it for the PS4 and never really gave it a go. Got it for the PC so I cant wait to give it a shot now.

Just beat Metaphor Re:Fantazio (God that is a dumb name)

It is my game of the year so far. I do not typically care for Atlus RPGs, all of the social nonsense and romancing high schooler stuff, plus the creature collector nature.

This game does not have romance or creature collectors. You still have social stuff, but it is straight forward and no weird requirements for stuff.

In place of demons and personas, they have a job system. Each job has at least one specialized job, and you can use skills from one job in another if you have mastered it enough.

Turn based combat is enjoyable, typical weakness/resist/reflect stuff, and if you don't know their reflect parts, you can die pretty easily. They also have the turn counter, so if you crit or hit a weakness, you get another turn.

It was just a really fun experience. The world is interesting and pretty original, there was no Tokyo or anything.

Really was just a great game. I am tempted to go back and get the plat, which I almost never do.

Just beat Metaphor Re:Fantazio (God that is a dumb name)

It is my game of the year so far. I do not typically care for Atlus RPGs, all of the social nonsense and romancing high schooler stuff, plus the creature collector nature.

This game does not have romance or creature collectors. You still have social stuff, but it is straight forward and no weird requirements for stuff.

In place of demons and personas, they have a job system. Each job has at least one specialized job, and you can use skills from one job in another if you have mastered it enough.

Turn based combat is enjoyable, typical weakness/resist/reflect stuff, and if you don't know their reflect parts, you can die pretty easily. They also have the turn counter, so if you crit or hit a weakness, you get another turn.

It was just a really fun experience. The world is interesting and pretty original, there was no Tokyo or anything.

Really was just a great game. I am tempted to go back and get the plat, which I almost never do.

Nice just another amazing game I'll have to add to my backlog. It's really insane the output of really good games that have been coming out since early last year or so.

Screenshot_20241017_224012_Gallery.jpg

Playing Elden Ring

If you read the description, it says twinblades excepted. It's bothering me because I feel like it should say accepted. Is this a mistake in the game or is it just me?

I got to beat Shadow of the Erd Tree after I beat all the starting bosses.

Screenshot_20241017_225300_Gallery.jpg

In 3 playthrus, I've never found the armor that goes with that Crusader helmet. I use vagabond armor.

I'm about to go beat Radan. Then Menella, then I go into the crater.

I'm playing Silent Hill 2 Remake and I can't believe how good it is. One of my favorite games of the year, I think it will end up very high on my list. I'm taking my sweet time with it because I've been pretty busy and I also don't like to rush games like this.

I also got invited into the beta for Khazan: The First Berserker which releases in 2025. The main character is voiced by Ben Starr who I really have come to like after hearing his great voicework in FFXVI. Anyway, the game is another Soulslike but what sets it apart is its beautiful artstyle. It's based on The Dungeon and Fighter Universe which I don't know about but so far the boss fights have been awesome and I'm looking forward to the full experience in 2025. It's great when a beta or demo sells you on a game.

Last, I've been playing some Kill Knight. Good god is this game difficult but it can be really addicting to improve your score with each round. If you enjoy HouseMarque games like Returnal and Nex Machina I think it's worth a purcahase. It's only 14.99 but be warned you'll die constantly. There's no real story or anything, it's just a game to chase scores in the leaderboard.

I'm playing Silent Hill 2 Remake and I can't believe how good it is. One of my favorite games of the year, I think it will end up very high on my list. I'm taking my sweet time with it because I've been pretty busy and I also don't like to rush games like this.

I also got invited into the beta for Khazan: The First Berserker which releases in 2025. The main character is voiced by Ben Starr who I really have come to like after hearing his great voicework in FFXVI. Anyway, the game is another Soulslike but what sets it apart is its beautiful artstyle. It's based on The Dungeon and Fighter Universe which I don't know about but so far the boss fights have been awesome and I'm looking forward to the full experience in 2025. It's great when a beta or demo sells you on a game.

Last, I've been playing some Kill Knight. Good god is this game difficult but it can be really addicting to improve your score with each round. If you enjoy HouseMarque games like Returnal and Nex Machina I think it's worth a purcahase. It's only 14.99 but be warned you'll die constantly. There's no real story or anything, it's just a game to chase scores in the leaderboard.

Not sure if you played the first one, but Ben also announced yesterday i think he's voicing a character in Hades 2

View attachment 1067375

Playing Elden Ring

If you read the description, it says twinblades excepted. It's bothering me because I feel like it should say accepted. Is this a mistake in the game or is it just me?

I got to beat Shadow of the Erd Tree after I beat all the starting bosses.
Excepted means excluded.

So useable on small and medium swords except for twinblades

Back