• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are you playing? v.10 (Red Falcon Edition)

Your Super Contra gun of choice?

• Machine gun (Highest ROF, 6-bullet on-screen cap)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Finished up the original FF7 on Steam, and was the first time playing with some of the graphic overhaul mods and I must say it was like playing the game for the first time. Out of all the FF it's my favorite but holds up the least because of the early polygons. Such a treat to play with updated models and backgrounds.

The added speed booster has been really nice in the pixel remasters and here with 7 to minimize grinding times. Grinding out the end game Chocobos and materia to take on the weapons went super quick when I could boost the game to like x5 and blast through content.

Was going to continue with the FF journey and jump to 8 remaster, but spent almost 50 hours with 7 so need a palate cleanser, so jumping into Granblue Fantasy Relink and more ARPG. Heard a lot of great things about the main game and strong endgame.

I had Disco Elysium for a long time. I just started playing it. It is a very odd game. I still don't know what is going on.
Just play around with it at first. Make silly decisions and see how the game reacts. That's where I fell in love with it. My first character was the dumbest shit on Earth, and I just kept making him dumber. He eventually just decided that police work wasn't for him, and he'd rather get drunk the rest of his life. It was so perfect.

It can get frustrating when you try to take it seriously and get to the end, but it's so robust that you can have fun failing.

Just play around with it at first. Make silly decisions and see how the game reacts. That's where I fell in love with it. My first character was the dumbest shit on Earth, and I just kept making him dumber. He eventually just decided that police work wasn't for him, and he'd rather get drunk the rest of his life. It was so perfect.

It can get frustrating when you try to take it seriously and get to the end, but it's so robust that you can have fun failing.
There are too many random stats that I don't quite understand. There seems to be some mysterious secret voice that keeps talking to you. I am just chugging along. I don't even know if I am making the right or wrong decisions. There are too many angles in this game. I get weird communist or incel checkpoint bubbles. Oh yea I am apparently a racist too?

Just polished off all of the side content in Judgment and uninstalled.

Question is, who the hell thought that having Amon for like that was a good idea? Phone theft is guaranteed, and is guaranteed death.

Had to switch to easy, then wiped the floor with him.

There are too many random stats that I don't quite understand. There seems to be some mysterious secret voice that keeps talking to you. I am just chugging along. I don't even know if I am making the right or wrong decisions. There are too many angles in this game. I get weird communist or incel checkpoint bubbles. Oh yea I am apparently a racist too?
Well, it is a true blue CRPG, in that it's really open ended. There are really no "right and wrong" decisions, but just decisions that will lead down certain paths that may or may not end your journey. You can and will fuck up, and it can be devastating enough where you just hit a wall and fuck yourself. Save often and experiment, but it can be fun just to choose a dedicated path and see how it goes, because the game is so good at adjusting to whatever role you're playing.

On the skills, I would suggest a quick Youtube guide to break them down. They are a bit vague and confusing, like most CRPG's skill systems are.

Playing RDR 2 for the third time, single player. Not sure how thorough I'll be. I'm on chapter 2 and intend to stay as long as I can ;)

I just seen this is on big sale now. Thinking of getting it. I hear it's good, but I really didn't like the first one for some reason. Felt like a chore to me for the most part, and rather forgettable.

If someone didn't care for the first, is there a chance they'd like the second?

I just seen this is on big sale now. Thinking of getting it. I hear it's good, but I really didn't like the first one for some reason. Felt like a chore to me for the most part, and rather forgettable.

I felt the same way about RDR1 (It was boring slog, with repetitive missions) and RDR2 didn't improve on it at all in that aspect. It took me like a year to finally complete it, because often times I couldn't be fucked to play it and would sometimes go months without touching it

With that said, it's an incredible game in other ways. In terms of its graphics and environment. Production values are off the charts. But the gameplay loop is as boring and repetitive as in the first game

Polishing off the side quests in Lost Judgment.

I think that this game may have the best mini-games in the series and Yakuza series. It has a tonne of them, and the genres are varied.

I want to echo Zer on RDR2. Very weird title. It's graphically a masterwork, has truly incredible scoring, and offers fun, immersive 'extracurricular' stuff to do like big-game hunts in freeroam, but the missions suck with objective failure if you don't even move behind the right place the game wants you to (no player agency), and then the biggest crime of all: delayed-input movement for 'realism' that has the whole game play like an underwater level. It's both the greatest and worst game in ways. It's service-included (free) from PS Plus if you're on PS, so weighing buying is moot – just download.

I want to echo Zer on RDR2. Very weird title. It's graphically a masterwork, has truly incredible scoring, and offers fun, immersive 'extracurricular' stuff to do like big-game hunts in freeroam, but the missions suck with objective failure if you don't even move behind the right place the game wants you to (no player agency), and then the biggest crime of all: delayed-input movement for 'realism' that has the whole game play like an underwater level. It's both the greatest and worst game in ways. It's service-included (free) from PS Plus if you're on PS, so weighing buying is moot – just download.

Thanks. I'm on PC only. Not gonna go for RDR2, it just seems like a big chance I won't like it and feel obliged to sink hours into it if I buy it. I have such a big list of games I want that are on sale now, i think I will get God of War instead.

Beat Persona 3 and got the plat took me about 80 hours. I used a guide for this one and it was well worth it. I got so many powerful Persona's and abilities that I normally can't get in these games because I'm not sure how to do it without looking online. Also completed all the side stories for the social links some of them were really good others were ok. It was a good time. Beat the last boss easily it was a long fight though and I had to restart it because I wasn't paying attention and killed myself with reverse damage without realizing it.

Overall the story was kind of lacking in this one but I'll be damned the ending got me a bit choked up in the end. I'm still not quite sure about the ending but apparently some DLC comes out that is the real ending this year so I'll wait for that before asking questions.

Go on vacation in about 3 weeks so wont start up any other SP games. Trails through Daybreak as soon as I get back. Zenless Zone Zero and First Descendant I'll give a try since they are free and GAAS games.

YES! The game feels like the entire atmosphere is part molasses. It was a struggle to do EVERYTHING in that game, and I loved the first one to death.

Oh, and not being able to fast travel with pelts/hides. Have to train it and such. Lame

Finished the last non-DLC side story for Lost Judgment. It was honestly very easy once I learned of the extract trick, impossible without it.

I have a few more DLC missions to do, but I don't think I'll do them. They're all girlfriend based, and I'll settle with Yagami and Emily.

I've downloaded Cyberpunk again, as my brother bought it and I want to run around a little bit. All moot, because I can't even login, despite restarting and hard resetting.

2024 huh?

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Nearing the end, and the only real complaints I have, is that it's not as good as TSOT and that the grid based battle system, while fun, still takes up too much time that makes it a bit of a chore and can take you out of it. The "fast travel" also needs a few more hot spots, as traversal can get a bit annoying once you've already uncovered all the secrets.

Damn good overall. I'm surprised they don't just crank these games out every year, considering that the engine is so good, that you can just insert South Park episodes into it at will and create a soft RPG game around it.

It is really good but it is can be very boring. I think if you are a straight point A to point B player and just rush through the storyline then you will be fine. It has one of the best NPCs in any open world game.

I think the game is slightly better now. It didn't have fast travel when I was playing it. I can't remember exactly what I did but I would go ride on the horse in cinematic view then go make food or go get a drink. The riding back and forth can be very boring.

I’ve been playing FFXIV, huge expansion just dropped too. The queues because of it are fucking killing my boner though.

I’ve been playing FFXIV, huge expansion just dropped too. The queues because of it are fucking killing my boner though.

I've been lucky, no more than 70 as and when I've had chance to play since Friday afternoon

I have heard people say this, but I have only seen ti bad once, and just went to dynamis for awhile, and was fine.

I have heard people say this, but I have only seen ti bad once, and just went to dynamis for awhile, and was fine.
I've been lucky, no more than 70 as and when I've had chance to play since Friday afternoon

Just to clarify I'm referring to roulette queues, not login queues. Although I was nearly #2000 in the login the other day lol.

Just to clarify I'm referring to roulette queues, not login queues. Although I was nearly #2000 in the login the other day lol.
Oh, yeah, those take forever. Should be normal by the end of the week, or next maintenance at the latest. Everyone doing the story, not worried about roulettes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tophik
Back