What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got back into Red Dead Online, stopped playing when I’d have a daily to turn in 5 animals and I could barely find one freaking deer! Thankfully they seemed to have fixed that, filling up my hunting wagon is easy now. I pretty much just fish and hunt in the game though.

I am also enjoying it as it’s got those lovely wide open spaces to explore while I’m stuck at home. Miss going out into the mountains and hiking. Gives me a sad dose of that freedom.

Started Fallout 76 (Wastelanders DLC) for the first time.

As a huge Fallout fan, I've been boycotting the the game since its release but finally gave it a go as the NPCs are now added. I have to say I was expecting much worse. Having actually quite a good time.

Started Fallout 76 (Wastelanders DLC) for the first time.

As a huge Fallout fan, I've been boycotting the the game since its release but finally gave it a go as the NPCs are now added. I have to say I was expecting much worse. Having actually quite a good time.

They added NPCs?

Motherfucking House Flipper. This is not a joke

I got a Incineroar amiibo waiting for me at home. Raising it on Smash is going to be like combining Pokemon and Fire Pro Wrestling, my two favorite games. I'm psyched.

Red Dead Online

Decided to give it a look. Had fun creating a character, and doing the first little tutorial mission. Then I get to the first mission involving a group. No problem with the actual mission. Shot some guys, stole a horse, and opened up the stable options for the game. I go to the stable, try to rename my horse, and the game glitches out and won't accept any name, nor will it let me out of the menu.

Fuck this. Back to single player. What a fucking joke. Not only do I find online modes kind of pointless, but to have it glitch out so early...pssh, not worth anymore of my time.

You should keep at it. The game has lots of bugs and glitches but when it works its pretty fun. The Collector, Moonshiner, Bounty Hunter and Trade roles they added to the online made it 10x better than its "beta" launch. I just started grinding cause of COVID 19 quarantine and it's been pretty fun. Just like GTAO though you really gotta put in a bunch of work early before it starts paying dividends.

At least with the dailies it is a lot easier now making gold bars and nuggets than at launch as well.

Some of the glitches are hilarious.

Some oh shit moments

Last edited:
Stardew Valley

Well, I gave up on my first run a while ago, but I figure this is the perfect game for lock down world. Already past where I was, and my farm is rockin' and rollin'. Cauliflower and Kale for all!

You should keep at it. The game has lots of bugs and glitches but when it works its pretty fun. The Collector, Moonshiner, Bounty Hunter and Trade roles they added to the online made it 10x better than its "beta" launch. I just started grinding cause of COVID 19 quarantine and it's been pretty fun. Just like GTAO though you really gotta put in a bunch of work early before it starts paying dividends.

At least with the dailies it is a lot easier now making gold bars and nuggets than at launch as well.

Some of the glitches are hilarious.

Yeah, I'm just not feeling it. That glitch turned me right off. I can do all the same shit in single player anyways, and it's not bogged down by multiplayer fuckery. I'm done with online shit, outside of sports games. I just don't get it. You do all this shit to make money and buy items, and see some arbitrary level go up. What's the hook, outside of showing off your wares to random strangers? Not for me.

Yeah, I'm just not feeling it. That glitch turned me right off. I can do all the same shit in single player anyways, and it's not bogged down by multiplayer fuckery. I'm done with online shit, outside of sports games. I just don't get it. You do all this shit to make money and buy items, and see some arbitrary level go up. What's the hook, outside of showing off your wares to random strangers? Not for me.

The fun comes from playing with friends and the "pride and accomplishment" (thanks EA) of clout chasing. But seriously I do enjoy online games cause there is a trigger that goes off in my brain when I feel like I've earned those nice set of boots or shiny new gun I worked up for. I guess it's not for you oh well. Make some friends bro. I've been helping @Wrath of Foamy in GTA and we've been having fun. I asked you before if you wanted to play online but I guess you are just more of a solo guy. Guess it's not for you then.

Got back into Red Dead Online, stopped playing when I’d have a daily to turn in 5 animals and I could barely find one freaking deer! Thankfully they seemed to have fixed that, filling up my hunting wagon is easy now. I pretty much just fish and hunt in the game though.

I am also enjoying it as it’s got those lovely wide open spaces to explore while I’m stuck at home. Miss going out into the mountains and hiking. Gives me a sad dose of that freedom.

Ya some of the dailies are bugged. I had a couple of role Bounty Hunts that didn't trigger. Kinda sucks but I wasn't sure if it was just because I was in a posse and my padre turned in a bounty instead. One I had was I had to lasso 2 hunts off of horseback which I did and none of them triggered either. Dunno what was causing it, I figured maybe there was a modder in the session but I never went back and tried in another session as I had most of my other dailies done. Not a big deal. Most of the dailies are really easy and a good way to build up your Gold.

If you wanna find lots of deer hunt in the Great Plains near Blackwater or just south of Valentine. Lots of Deer. Night time sucks for hunting too. Most predators are out then. Good time to hunt Gators.

The fun comes from playing with friends and the "pride and accomplishment" (thanks EA) of clout chasing. But seriously I do enjoy online games cause there is a trigger that goes off in my brain when I feel like I've earned those nice set of boots or shiny new gun I worked up for. I guess it's not for you oh well. Make some friends bro. I've been helping @Wrath of Foamy in GTA and we've been having fun. I asked you before if you wanted to play online but I guess you are just more of a solo guy. Guess it's not for you then.

Yeah, I never got the hook. Even back in the day when MMO's were all the rage. I'd party up, do some shit, and my reward would be some item. All I could think was "Wouldn't this be better with some production values and cut scenes to make you feel like you accomplished something?" Nope. Here are some shiny boots. Get back to grinding.

Meh, I don't get it. I understand the loop, but the loop is there in single player all the same, and you're usually rewarded with more than what MP modes offer.

To each their own though.

Yeah, I never got the hook. Even back in the day when MMO's were all the rage. I'd party up, do some shit, and my reward would be some item. All I could think was "Wouldn't this be better with some production values and cut scenes to make you feel like you accomplished something?" Nope. Here are some shiny boots. Get back to grinding.

Meh, I don't get it. I understand the loop, but the loop is there in single player all the same, and you're usually rewarded with more than what MP modes offer.

There is more to do than in Single Player though. You can hunt bounties, buy unique horses, buy businesses, new characters and story missions, new clothes, etc. So much exclusive content not available in single player. Not trying to convince you. I'm just saying that the online section is like it's own new game. The only thing that stays the same is the map and the overall gameplay.

After our last run last night, I hit the $3,000,000 mark, though I'd like to get my hands on a Hydra or an Oppressor mk2 (though I still haven't hit the missile launcher research yet). I should really get three MC warehouses first though, or wait until they are on discount. I'm itching to get through Silent & Sneaky, which is doable, but a massive pain in the backside (with a big payday).

Co-op is excellent if you can find the right people to play with. If not, it's a bit of a nightmare. I wouldn't mind playing with a group of people on this forum, it would be fun.

I try not to grind too much· In GTA for example, I have businesses, but I try not to spend too much time doing Import/Export.

In my opinion, I'd rather play an open world where you can do both single-player and multiplayer things. To me, it depends how well the co-op aspect of multiplayer works. Games that are built around it (Left 4 Dead 2, Monster Hunter: World) can be tremendous as teams have to work together.

GTA Online however, is frustrating because whilst there are co-op aspects (and the game works really well as a co-op), it also actively pushes a selfish narrative (rewarding you for blowing up other players goods, for example). Also, I'd like to clear Prison Break (Pacific Standard heist is fun), but unless you have three friends, nobody wants to touch it. The heists that I've been playing with Hyperglide as of late have been fun and refreshing (especially as he knows what he is doing and I'm often rather clumsy), but too often I have had situations where people would join a heist just to screw around and sabotage it.

Stardew Valley

Well, I gave up on my first run a while ago, but I figure this is the perfect game for lock down world. Already past where I was, and my farm is rockin' and rollin'. Cauliflower and Kale for all!

I bought this game twice, firstly for iOS and secondly for Android, because in my view, this game is perfect for smartphone. Addictive as hell, I'm on my first year in Autumn, hoping that I can get three more apples at some point (as I forgot to plant a tree at the beginning of Summer). Everybody who I have recommended it to, laughed at me. The game is tops.

Haven't played a game on my laptop in years just started Crusader Kings 2 as it was free on steam. Don't have a clue what i'm doing but seems very interesting. Need to watch some tutorials on youtube.

Last edited:
I bought this game twice, firstly for iOS and secondly for Android, because in my view, this game is perfect for smartphone. Addictive as hell, I'm on my first year in Autumn, hoping that I can get three more apples at some point (as I forgot to plant a tree at the beginning of Summer). Everybody who I have recommended it to, laughed at me. The game is tops.

Yeah, I'm really into this shit now. Gettin' all mathematical in my head now that I've figured out how the seasons work. They changed, and all my crops were dead. All I could do was clear them out, pet my cat, and get geared up for Summer. I almost don't want to continue, because I know that it's sunk its claws into me now, I'm now thinking three moves ahead, and I'm gonna get stupidly obsessed with this game. And on top of that, I know that it never really ends.

Pray for Heretic.

They added NPCs?

Yeah NPC's with Fallout 3 / New Vegas -style dialogue (silent protagonist) and a new main quest alongside with the old. There's not as much NPC's as in F3, NV and F4 at least what I've seen this far but at least there are humans.

I gave up playing Doom Eternal

Now I'm playing Eed Dead Redemption 2

I just passed the part where me and the gang robbed the train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back