• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Are You Listening To? (Vol.51)

Have a great weekend Jukebox Crew! Hope you all doing mighty f-i-n-e

Shoutout @Chad R. Thundercock @mantis_fist @triptych @Nameless Ghoul 🎸😈

Only vibes @Chad The Limey hope your week been alright and a nice weekend is ahead! I'm off to Dublin tomorrow til Monday for a quick break(Liam Gallagher on Sun 😃 buzzing)

giphy.gif

Yes Bro! Sounds like a fantastic weekend 😎 And congrats to Germany for getting off to a winning start at the Euros ⚽️ Shame that England are playing like a bunch of scared pussies 😁

Happy thrash metal throwback Friday, Jukebox boys and girls! Best weekend wishes to all!!!

I had a funny "moment" listening to this song on the way home from work tonight. It's been in the high 90's here all week, and even low 80's at 11pm driving home. So, I had my windows on all four sides of my car cracked. I was at a red-light, and a guy on a motorcycle/wearing a "full head" helmet pulled next to me. I look over and he's looking at me "headbanging" during the chorus. The light turned green, and we both moved on. It was just a life "honest moment".

With the death of Francoise Hardy a few days ago, I started thinking about the only film in which I ever saw her: Grand Prix. This film was first released in Cinerama, and I had to go to a special Cinerama theater to watch it that way. It was a more special experience for me than was the opening for Star Wars.
I developed a bit of a crush on Hardy, and I imagined dancing with her at parties in Monte Carlo, to bossa nova music like this piece. I had bought the music soundtrack of the film, and I played that album a lot.

With the death of Francoise Hardy a few days ago, I started thinking about the only film in which I ever saw her: Grand Prix. This film was first released in Cinerama, and I had to go to a special Cinerama theater to watch it that way. It was a more special experience for me than was the opening for Star Wars.
I developed a bit of a crush on Hardy, and I imagined dancing with her at parties in Monte Carlo, to bossa nova music like this piece. I had bought the music soundtrack of the film, and I played that album a lot.

You might dig this buddy. I heard this years ago and this video exposed me to the great flick Grand Prix.

You might dig this buddy. I heard this years ago and this video exposed me to the great flick Grand Prix.

Thanks! It was great to see that film footage again.
In those days, I wanted to be a formula 1 racing driver myself when I grew up. The death of Jim Clark in a racing accident changed my goals. I thought Clark was the greatest driver ever, so I figured if he could die racing so could I.

Back