What Are You Listening To? (Vol.16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Traveling Wilburys - End Of The Line

The Traveling Wilburys - Handle With Care

Megadeth, How the Story Ends.

"Above the ring of clashing steel, they raise flags of war:
A sign to all the warriors who cannot hear.
Amidst smoke of cannonballs, they bang the drums of death:
Pound a cadence out for those who cannot see..."

Here's awesomeness.
They don't play any pretentious scales or try to inject their styles into the song. It's a more or less straight rendition, giving the material the respect it deserves.
None of them try to ape Brian May, pure tribute.

Amazing with all that talent and arrogance that they were able to keep it at that level without interjecting their virtuosity.

Amazing with all that talent and arrogance that they were able to keep it at that level without interjecting their virtuosity.
I would gather from it that like myself, they consider May one of the greats and were influenced by him.
His solos were just right for each song, with feeling and appropriate flash. Putting a different solo over a cover is glaringly wrong, like substituting one of your own in place of a Gilmour solo.

I would gather from it that like myself, they consider May one of the greats and were influenced by him.
His solos were just right for each song, with feeling and appropriate flash. Putting a different solo over a cover is glaringly wrong, like substituting one of your own in place of a Gilmour solo.
I'm quite sure I've read or seen that all of them have counted May as a major influence or at the very least the virtuosos give him props,let's be honest I think most of us do & rightfully so(not saying I'm in Vai's league mind you).
You're spot on!Could you imagine Nuno playing his own solo over a Queen song?Simply...<TrumpWrong1>x 2!

I'm quite sure I've read or seen that all of them have counted May as a major influence or at the very least the virtuosos give him props,let's be honest I think most of us do & rightfully so(not saying I'm in Vai's league mind you).
You're spot on!Could you imagine Nuno playing his own solo over a Queen song?Simply...<TrumpWrong1>x 2!
Like you said, for such flashy, black-page, polyrhythmic players, they show tasteful restraint. It's kind of more impressive than their playing here.

Like you said, for such flashy, black-page, polyrhythmic players, they show tasteful restraint. It's kind of more impressive than their playing here.
It really is more impressive the ability to show unbelievable restraint but imagine the twats they would look like if they didn't?<{CMPALM}>

Anyway mate...Peace,Prosperity & Happiness to you and your entire family in the New Year!If you're out & about tonight be safe.Cheers.
✨2019✨

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back