What are the chances that Gus will retire if he loses to DC ?

That would be a very bitch move. He loses 2 times in a row and retires immediately?

He's still a young kid man. Maybe he should move to the USA, train at a top camp full time. He has all the talent.

I guess he could open a gym and train fighters. Or he could pick up a trade. He doesn't strike me as being a bright guy so I doubt he'll pursue a college education.

He doesn't strike me as the guy to want to train fighters either so I could see him pursuing construction or prison to be honest. I hope he doesn't retire.

Him setting himself up for life after MMA doesn't mean he's looking to retire soon

One could argue that buying a nightclub is the exact opposite of setting yourself up for life.

I'm sure many crazy things go through a guys mind when he loses. You've put your time, energy, money, blood, sweat, tears, and brain cells into this and can't get what you want most.

At the same time what else is he going to do? It's possible he has many good options outside of fighting, but if thats his best opportunity to make a good living then maybe he should keep doing it even if the title never comes.

Probably depends on how he loses. If he loses badly he might be more inclined as it should then be obvious to everyone he was highly overrated due to his close loss to Jones.

I think he wants a rematch with Jon Jones. He will work towards that. Now if he loses that fight it's GG he's done.

Back