What are the chances that Gus will retire if he loses to DC ?

xFeeLPaiN

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
as u know Gus already said that he was thinking about retiring back when he got KOed by Rumble. This got me thinking that if now DC beats him aswell, he will lose all motivation and just end his career as a UFC Fighter.

Personally, i hope that even if he loses he wont retire just yet, hes still young and can always improve his fighting techniques etc. but sadly it just seems like this may be Gus Last fight...

390x270xAlexander-Gustafsson-wins-PNG.png.speedilic.ic.M3LLa5jMBL.png

if he does retire i wonder what work he will do

I guess he could open a gym and train fighters. Or he could pick up a trade. He doesn't strike me as being a bright guy so I doubt he'll pursue a college education.

He nearly retired after getting Rumble'd. Would not surprise me that much if he decided to call it a day if DC beats him.

Nope he'll

A. Move to another weightclass

B. Take a hiatus

C. Not retire

Apparently he bought a nightclub somewhere in Sweden cus he's thinking about life after MMA. I'm too lazy to look the link up, but I agree with TS, I am concerned with Gustafsson's mentality as well. I wanna see him fight a lot more but guess he's gotta do what's best for him

Well if he thought about it after the Rumble fight and then starts it again if he loses to DC I say "later, skater and I'm glad you were nevery champ."

Champs don't just quit because they lost a fight. I don't wanna hear from him about title shots or anything if he loses and starts retirement talk again. GtFO!

You're at the highest level in the sport and if you're not the best you lose. Deal with it or quit!

Him setting himself up for life after MMA doesn't mean he's looking to retire soon

Did you see him after rumble? Another bad loss and he is gone mentally.

Did you see him after rumble? Another bad loss and he is gone mentally.

His loss to Rumble had more to it than just being a loss. Dude got KO'd in an embarrassing way in only a few seconds into the fight in front of 30,000 fellow Swedish fans + seen by millions on national Swedish TV for the first time.

If he gets completely destroyed in the first I could see him taking a long break

He would have to be knocked out in the first while employing a sound game plan and fighting to his full potential. That's the only way he calls it quits.

He needs his corner to shout out his next shot even more clearly. Then he can't lose.

I dont see it happening. He was contemplating this because he was embarrassed in front of his home crowd.

Gus admitted he was close to retiring after the Rumble loss at home.

He fought his way back, good.

Cruel of the UFC to throw in the deep against DC.

If he cries and they catch some Swedish girls laughing at him again, id put at 70/30 that he will retire. If it's a close fight, say 48-47 or split decision then I can see him getting another half filled tattoo again.

Back