What are the chances of we seeing some wrestling by costa?

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's a legit bjj black belt, i don't know about his takedown ability but he must have some for sure, its a know fact that wrestling and grappling on general is usually a great advantage for the heavier fighter and i bet my house that costa will be at least 20+ pounds heavier than adesanya. So what are the chances? I don't think izzi is expecting costa to take him down so a fast double might do the job.

If he wants to win he's gotta use it

If he can get Izzy down, I don't think he can hold him there. This will be a striking war and it's a toss-up for me.

Has he ever hit a takedown apart from trips?
He never even tried, thats why i don't really know if he have takedows but if he has... Thats definetly something he could and should use against adesanya especially considering his size

If hes smart then he'll go for some early TDs to keep Izzy guessing

He never even tried, thats why i don't really know if he have takedows but if he has... Thats definetly something he could and should use against adesanya especially considering his size
True if he has been drilling it and he can make it happen then this fight would be the time to use it.

That being said Izzy has very solid TDD and Costa could end up spending a fair amount of his limited gas tank on trying to land takedowns that just get stuffed, while Izzy then pieces him up on the way out/in and while he’s tired.

I am interested in what happens if the fight somehow ends up on the ground, I can’t see Costa doing anything other than raining strikes form top position though.

Izzy looked fantastic in the ground against Kelvin, pretty sure that’s not a road of victory for Costa.

Better he just punch Izzy in the fucking mouth.

Still feel Izzy will catch him coming in and hellbow Paulo

A body lock trip might be enough he doesn’t necessarily need to shoot from 6 feet out.

He's a legit bjj black belt, i don't know about his takedown ability but he must have some for sure, its a know fact that wrestling and grappling on general is usually a great advantage for the heavier fighter and i bet my house that costa will be at least 20+ pounds heavier than adesanya. So what are the chances? I don't think izzi is expecting costa to take him down so a fast double might do the job.
hmm, costa is a black belt, his brother gave it to him. izzy is very strong but weight matters and if costa gets him on the fence and trips him or takes him down, its a real good way to win

How sure are you that he is a legit BJJ BB? Not saying he isn't, but have you seen him grapple? Does he have some accolades to his name?

Wont happen

Not once in all of Costa's fight has he ever shot for a takedown, Paulo costa is a brawler and Costa doesnt have any wrestling accolades to suggest he could not only take Izzy down but keep him down at will

Its one thing to take someone down but what happens if they can get up right away. This sounds like a even easier way for Costa to gas out because izzy does have good enough wrestling and scrambles. Its literally not his style to shot just like Whittaker

How sure are you that he is a legit BJJ BB? Not saying he isn't, but have you seen him grapple? Does he have some accolades to his name?

If Wallid Ismail is your manager or dear friend, there's no way in hell you can be "gifted" a black belt without Wallid getting in your face about it. So to my knowledge, Costa's black belt is legit. Does he have accolades? I have no clue. Can he use it in the octagon? Don't know, but I believe he certainly has the required knowledge necessary to earn a BJJ black belt and that his black belt is a legit promotion.

I wanna see that black belt level BJJ here, would be interesting

If Wallid Ismail is your manager or dear friend, there's no way in hell you can be "gifted" a black belt without Wallid getting in your face about it. So to my knowledge, Costa's black belt is legit. Does he have accolades? I have no clue. Can he use it in the octagon? Don't know, but I believe he certainly has the required knowledge necessary to earn a BJJ black belt and that his black belt is a legit promotion.

Yeah... Maybe. I get your point, but I'm not completely convinced by just that argumenr. Not suggesting he has a McBlack Belt though.

Walid also sternly denied all PED accusations directed at Costa...

It is his job to manage his public image, so I doubt he would say Costa is like a moderately capable BB, if he was.

Yeah... Maybe. I get your point, but I'm not completely convinced by just that argumenr. Not suggesting he has a McBlack Belt though.

Walid also sternly denied all PED accusations directed at Costa...
It's also his job to manage his public image, so I doubt he would say Costa is like a moderately capable BB, if he was.

Yeah, I know Wallid denies the PED stuff, which is expected, its just BJJ is a religion to Wallid, if Costa wasn't at least a legit black belt (no crap promotion), Wallid wouldn't stand for it IMHO.

This doesn't mean Costa can use it in the octagon or anything, just saying...

Back