What are some of the longest (major studio) films you've seen?

Avengers Endgame

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

I fell asleep during both Matrix 2 and 3 movies which is funny to me as I don't think either one went much beyond 2 hours of run time.

Peter Jackson so vividly captured the realm of Middle Earth, I get lost in there. And the sound track is the spell that enchants you in.
It looks really good in THE HOBBIT no bullshit. I bought it in 3D and had to admit it's great that way.

Endgame and LOTR for me
and ive rewatched them several times

Once Upon a Time in America uncut is actually worth the time.

I tapped out 20 minutes into The Irishman.

I watched the Irishman on a long international flight, only setting I was going to be able to handle it. Was pretty good I guess, too fucking long obviously.

God's and Generals is sat down twice watching and it is 280 minutes
(Director’s cut)

The extended cut of Dances With Wolves...234 minutes which barely beats Once Upon a Time in America.

It looks really good in THE HOBBIT no bullshit. I bought it in 3D and had to admit it's great that way.
I would agree that there is some fantastic stuff in the Hobbit series but the CGI orcs spoil the fun. Plus the film oscillates freely between a campy action film and more serious drama of the LOTR series.
That said the entire Smaug encounter was great.

Dunkirk felt like 5 hours of horse shit.

No idea how long it actually was.

The godfather movies were insanely long and boring too

Watched "Lawrence of Arabia" in a cinema.
"Avatar", 3 times, in a cinema, with different groups of folks. Enjoyed it each time.

I would agree that there is some fantastic stuff in the Hobbit series but the CGI orcs spoil the fun. Plus the film oscillates freely between a campy action film and more serious drama of the LOTR series.
That said the entire Smaug encounter was great.
I think that sort of works tho in the having-it-on-in-the-background type viewing, where it's just the world washing over you. I remember seeing it the first time and scathingly vilifying it for the ridiculous juxtaposition of male Dwarf and female Elf -- HHHEEEAAATED Smaug -- but after giving it a real shot I went 100% homo for Lee Pace -- he's that gorgeous. All the rest of it fell in after him.

tenor.gif

I get the antipathy against CGI but personally I enjoyed the optics of MacGruber vs Panthro. SOLO had a huge headstart for me by simple virtue of having an anime-type character that looked like Briareos Hecatonchires.

Bruno-camara-panthro-wip-00.jpg

Last edited:
Back