What are Jon Jones' fighting styles?

Cheating and using fame to get out of trouble that the rest of you would spend time in Prison for. Keep supporting trash humans because they are "(in)famous".

Muay Thai and wrestling?
Yeah, Muay Thai with grappling, I'd say. Grappling is more overeaching than wrestling. Wrestling is more like taking down and maintaining position. JJ uses a lot of grappling, to press the opponent, land elbows, etc. Basically Muay Thai + grappling + some "malicious" techniques like putting his hands to cover the opponent's vision field, oblique kick, using his open fingers to get some leverage some times...

Btw, only the finger in the eyes is the issue for him. Other than that, his accomplishments show that no matter the style, in an actual fight, he is the best ever, in an mma fight setting, that is

He likes to kick knees and poke eyes. To his credit he uses his long limbs very well to keep fighters at a distance, and whenever they try to push in he moves back while trying to "accidentally" poke their eyes. He's also an incredibly strong wrestler when he needs to be (Chael Sonnen did an interview where he talked about being surprised at how strong Jon was).

He had great reach/height for a LHW and did anything to keep opponents at the end of that reach so they couldn't attack his legs. Oblique kicks and eye pokes combined with a sideways stance.

He likes to kick knees and poke eyes. To his credit he uses his long limbs very well to keep fighters at a distance, and whenever they try to push in he moves back while trying to "accidentally" poke their eyes. He's also an incredibly strong wrestler when he needs to be (Chael Sonnen did an interview where he talked about being surprised at how strong Jon was).
Swear I didn't copy your post but exactly. He pushes the rules as far as possible to maintain his reach advantage. I don't believe he would have consistent success doing that against HW though.

TS I'm hoping you where not expecting a serious answer to your question on sherdog when it comes to jones. They all have jones derangement syndrome.

Jon Jones used to be a creative out of the box MMA fighter.
Now, the fear of losing has turned him into a point fighter first and an opportunistic finisher second.

- Very high level wrestling. Great Greco/Clinch game and very good double leg as well.

- Added submissions to his wrestling. Along with the steroids, this is a very strong grappling combo.

- Jackson/Winklejohn kickboxing style. Mostly just staying long with teeps, round kicks, oblique kicks, spinning back kicks. Adds his own unpredictable style with his spinning elbow and flying knees.

His wrestling base, his unpredictable striking, athletic ability, steroids, height and size make him a tough opponent to defeat.

Aka the GOAT

He had great reach/height for a LHW and did anything to keep opponents at the end of that reach so they couldn't attack his legs. Oblique kicks and eye pokes combined with a sideways stance.
Commentary is another reason Jones didn't want to be a part of while he's still an active fighter. It could be a subconscious thing, but if you're smart enough and want to see what a man thinks, just listen to them talk. So he explaining the way he sees positions in fighting and things like that... it'd give ppl too much of his insight, he said he wants ppl to think it's just his long arms that make him win the fights.

Point striking, wrestling, and I suppose catch wrestling would describe his grappling style when on the ground.

The amount of butt-hurt responses from a normal question is pretty hilarious.

"Hey, how tall is Jon Jones?"

"He's CHEATER-foot kick people-in-the-leg inches tall! #JonJonesMakesMeSoMad"

Yesh, I think few ppl actually answered without trolling. 90% + answers were trolling lmao. Well, I think the trolling era in social media is strong with many current social media dudes so....

Back