• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What a mismatch

<----BJ Penn fan

Yeah it was a mismatch BUT BJ signed the contract & has fought at higher weights before, Rory won that fight.

BJ should stay retired. Dude has tons of heart, but he is just not able to compete in today's MMA. He is way passed his prime and there's no reason contenders should be fighting him IMO.
Or BJ stop fighting at 170 where he's tiny.

<----BJ Penn fan

Yeah it was a mismatch BUT BJ signed the contract & has fought at higher weights before, Rory won that fight.

Oh really i didnt notice the absolute hiding he just dished out....of course he won but it pretty obvious from the moment it was announced what was going down.

It is COMPLETE bullshit that so many people predicted BJ would win the fight. In fact, they predicted BJ would DOMINATE.

and as soon those same people (and some more) say "Rory beat a Lightweight....so what?"

That's total bullshit and funny thing is... it happens in all of BJ's 170 losses.

Before: Predict he'll dominate
After: "he's a LW so what?!"

I predicted Rory would dominate BJ, so i am not surprised. This forum is a joke sometimes, with people looking at fights as fans rather as neutral observers. Same with Shogun fans who said he would destroy Gus (LOL).

Oh really i didnt notice the absolute hiding he just dished out....of course he won but it pretty obvious from the moment it was announced what was going down.

are you retarded, I give Rory his props. I never have faith in BJ at ww, stop trollin hater.

bj penns resume and talents are above and beyond anything rory has ever done. this was rory's first legit opponent.

befor the fight, the mismatch was in penn's favor imo

total domination though tsk tsk bj

I assume that's what happens when you've been in the game for so long, and don't really have to fight to support your family, because you're already set in that area of your life.

Hopefully will see him rebuild himself from the inside, come back more motivated than ever, would be a shame to see BJ call it career off a lost like this.

He was clearly dropping his hands and showboating in the attempts to get BJ to try to stop leaning against the cage in the "don't hit me" position.

If someone made this thread before the fight people would have come out of the woodwork to bash it and talk about how Rory had nothing for BJ on the feet. how BJ was in such great shape, blah blah blah

BJ getting smashed was the most predictable outcome on the whole card. Too bad it took hindsight for most people to see it.

Hi new fan. Im guessing the only Penn fights you've seen are this one and the DIaz one...

The easiest way to point out a know it all two monthMMA fan is when they make ignorant comments like this.......Please stop trying to act like you know what's going on.

Monday morning Quarterbacking.......:rolleyes:

bj penns resume and talents are above and beyond anything rory has ever done. this was rory's first legit opponent.

befor the fight, the mismatch was in penn's favor imo

total domination though tsk tsk bj

Carlos Condit wasn't a legit opponent? Rory beat the crap outta condit in their fight until he gassed in the 3rd and lost with 7 seconds left.

Nate Diaz...guy fighting for title right now....Wasn't a legit opponent? Rory made Nate his bitch in every way possible.

Carlos Condit wasn't a legit opponent? Rory beat the crap outta condit in their fight until he gassed in the 3rd and lost with 7 seconds left.

Nate Diaz...guy fighting for title right now....Wasn't a legit opponent? Rory made Nate his bitch in every way possible.

Your seriously bringing up Diaz? Lol...

Hi new fan. Im guessing the only Penn fights you've seen are this one and the DIaz one...

The easiest way to point out a know it all two monthMMA fan is when they make ignorant comments like this.......Please stop trying to act like you know what's going on.

Monday morning Quarterbacking.......:rolleyes:

Hi douchebag. I have been watching MMA for 15 years. Oh and as for being a monday morning QB.....

Super Grover on 11-22-12 said:
Where have I heard all this before? Oh thats right, before every single BJ Penn fight in the past 3 years. At least he isnt jumping out of pools and throwing rocks underwater this time. :rolleyes:

Rory by rape

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?p=76403107#post76403107

Kindly go fuck yourself.

Funny. No one complained about this being a mismatch until after bj got worked

you know i think rory vs condit is free on youtube, you might want to go watch that fight again. rory just got his ass kicked for 3 rounds while trying to lay on condit.

Nate Diaz fight was overshadowed by the suplexes, rory hasn't dominated or shown anything against legit competition except for tonight...against a lw.

i wasn't about to give rory credit for his overhyped product. he did great tonight, so now we get to see how he fares against the top 10. i like rory but good god people way overhyped him.

This ridiculous. Before the fight, he'll before every single goddamn BJ fight people say he'll smash so and so then BJ loses and people go on about BJ being past his prime and a LW and being 'unmotivated'. If BJ is supposedly one of the best ever he should do better. He was outmatched in talent big time.

dont hate on rory

he didnt care about fighting bj

bj called him out.

dont be butthurt , bj fan

Back