• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What a mismatch

Wayman

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Whats so impressive about what Rory just did. The guy is huge and while not being a huge BJ fan i didnt really enjoy watching that. Was a complete mismatch from the get go the only thing that made that interesting was the bad blood. And after Mcdonalds antics in cage really want to see him ktfo, something wrong with that guy...Joe kept talking up how BJ was his biggest win but come on...only on the name front

I kind of like his douchieness, he's like the anti GSP, he's the Diaz of Canada as one guy said.

Haha fair call, i thought the american psycho call wasnt too bad

So is it Che Mills or Mike Pyle that were bigger wins?

BJ has some excellent boxing skills and got beat to the punch every time. Rory's Jab was on point and he mixed things up nicely. Stop hatin...

Thought BJ was gonna come prepared and he gassed within 4min :(

If someone made this thread before the fight people would have come out of the woodwork to bash it and talk about how Rory had nothing for BJ on the feet. how BJ was in such great shape, blah blah blah

BJ getting smashed was the most predictable outcome on the whole card. Too bad it took hindsight for most people to see it.

Haha i know but it just got on my nerves how its like Rogans talking about prime BJ or something when hes merely a shadow!

Whats so impressive about what Rory just did. The guy is huge and while not being a huge BJ fan i didnt really enjoy watching that. Was a complete mismatch from the get go the only thing that made that interesting was the bad blood. And after Mcdonalds antics in cage really want to see him ktfo, something wrong with that guy...Joe kept talking up how BJ was his biggest win but come on...only on the name front

It is COMPLETE bullshit that so many people predicted BJ would win the fight. In fact, they predicted BJ would DOMINATE.

and as soon those same people (and some more) say "Rory beat a Lightweight....so what?"

That's total bullshit and funny thing is... it happens in all of BJ's 170 losses.

Before: Predict he'll dominate
After: "he's a LW so what?!"

It is COMPLETE bullshit that so many people predicted BJ would win the fight. In fact, they predicted BJ would DOMINATE.

and as soon those same people (and some more) say "Rory beat a Lightweight....so what?"

That's total bullshit and funny thing is... it happens in all of BJ's 170 losses.

You forgot to add that he wasn't motivated this time!!!!!

BJ should stay retired. Dude has tons of heart, but he is just not able to compete in today's MMA. He is way passed his prime and there's no reason contenders should be fighting him IMO.

You forgot to add that he wasn't motivated this time!!!!!

He seemed pretty motivated to me... but we'll see soon enough if Penn fans start saying that.

It took them a few weeks or a month to start saying it about the 2nd Edgar fight... actually I think it was after the 3rd Hughes fight they finally said "see! he just didn't look nearly that fired up in the edgar fight"

He seemed pretty motivated to me... but we'll see soon enough if Penn fans start saying that.

It took them a few weeks or a month to start saying it about the 2nd Edgar fight... actually I think it was after the 3rd Hughes fight they finally said "see! he just didn't look nearly that fired up in the edgar fight"

I admit it I thought he had that fire, never would have thought Rory would out box him and he did. Win/win situation for me as I like both fighters :p, feel bad for BJ though. He needs to drop weight or retire for good.

I do agree it was quite the miss-match, BJ is being overrated at 170 a lot.

What you have to remember is that like every one of BJ Penn's fights, according to his fans he was in the best shape ever and motivated, so I don't wanna hear any bitching lol.

Was just the tale of the bigger fighter beating the little man.

I'm a bit of a Penn fan and I knew he would lose because he's to small for ww. However I didn't realize how small he really was. Or its how big Rory is for ww

Actually I think there's something wrong with you! That guy is 23 and trying to make a name for himself. He just beat bj by about the worst beating ever. He shuffled his feet a bit and you have a problem with that? After bj talking smack for so long. Wow really? what is bj from your hometown or something? Because you look stupid making a all like that.

Was so stoked to see BJ keep battling and not get finished, seriously thought we were looking at another throw of the towel. What a battler

ROry vs. Diaz needs to happen! ALso want to see Rory vs. Condit but not as bad as Rory vs. Diaz!

True indeed.

It wasnt a wrestling match it was a stand up fight.

Back