What 10-8 round? Jan v Adesanya was close fight

i thought it was 2-2 going into the 5th. the right guy won though

Twice the only reason Izzy got off the ground is due to the bell saving him.

In the last round, he was saved while full mounted and taking blows.

He showed no ability to get up, and if the bell had not gone off Izzy would still be mounted getting battered.

I can see why a judge would see this and give it 10-8 Jan.

That was a very clear win for Jan.

He outstruck him every round took him down and controlled him.

The 10-8 was because Gyno was controlled on the ground held there and hit many times, give Jan the credit he deserves he had a great game plan and executed it well.

He could have taken Gyni down in any round but he was winning the stand up.
Yeah it was very weird listening to Rogan and DC go on about how much better Izzy was doing in the standup...when watching it was clear as day that Jan was checking nearly every leg kick, avoiding most of the head strikes etc...Jan outstruck him in every round (some were very close), but if you just had audio...fuck the fight would have been a landslide in favor of Izzy.

Great W for Jan.

Yeah it was very weird listening to Rogan and DC go on about how much better Izzy was doing in the standup...when watching it was clear as day that Jan was checking nearly every leg kick, avoiding most of the head strikes etc...Jan outstruck him in every round (some were very close), but if you just had audio...fuck the fight would have been a landslide in favor of Izzy.

Great W for Jan.

Great win for Jan he came in prepared for this fight.

The first 3 rounds were super close. Jan won 10-9 in the 4th, and 5th. Not sure how 10-8's played in...

I’ve watched the full fight twice now, once on mute.

Lmao at your interpretation of domination. Amazing buddy.

Jan spends the majority of the fight biding his time, biting on feints, being backed up and then trying to time a bum rush forward. Yes he lands his share of significant strikes but he certainly doesn’t outstrike Adesanya overall, not if we concentrate exclusively on the standup, it’s very close overall and Adesanya is the aggressor, initiating almost all of their exchanges.

At the point Adesanya got took down in round 4 he was arguably edging the fight.
I don’t know what the judges were watching.
Now try to watch it again without sniffing Izzy's jock strap.

Jan deserved the win.
But there was no domination of any kind.
I’m not even an Adesanya fan so no bias. Just didn’t see how Jan was getting props for being this amazing striker, which he really isn’t.
Thats where we disagree, i think Jan is a great striker, awfully underrated. He outstruck Gustaffson in their fight as well, the only reason he lost was weak takedown defense but Gus didn't even hurt him once. I just don't understand why people won't give him credit.

Lmao at your interpretation of domination. Amazing buddy.

Look at the fightmetric stats and realize your humping buddy got his ass whupped, and round 5 was enough to be a 10-8. Izzy lost every single round. Being fast and feinting strikes doesn't mean you're winning a round or doing damage at all.

Some people are just pissed off that the hype train is derailed or their favorite got embarrassed.

Nah not very close. He did NOT damage Jan at all on the feet.. And was a turtle off his back for the last 10 minutes..

Wtf have you been smoking? Blachowicz outlanded Adesanya 18 to 13 in Round 1, 23 to 21 in Round 2, 24 to 21 in Round 3, 14 to 11 in Round 4 and 28 to 12 in Round 5. And he took him down in two rounds, where Adeseeyalater did jack shit. Get your head out of Ades ass.

They need to start yellow carding idiots for these kind of posts. This bullshit is getting really annoying.

1st half was close but Jan was ahead. 2nd half wasn't very close at all. Jan got the better of the standup easily and dominated gurappling

10-8 scores for those rounds were perfect for this fight. The other rounds were thin margins & uneventful. Rounds 4 and 5 were blowouts for Jan.

He deserves to win that round by more than what Izzy won any round by.

Wtf have you been smoking? Blachowicz outlanded Adesanya 18 to 13 in Round 1, 23 to 21 in Round 2, 24 to 21 in Round 3, 14 to 11 in Round 4 and 28 to 12 in Round 5. And he took him down in two rounds, where Adeseeyalater did jack shit. Get your head out of Ades ass.

They need to start yellow carding idiots for these kind of posts. This bullshit is getting really annoying.

The stats are posted. Why don't you go give yourself a ban.

The stats are posted. Why don't you go give yourself a ban.

The "stats" is some random moron hitting a button every time he arbitrarily sees a strike land. The "stats" are an utterly moronic thing and everybody using them in any kind of argument should get banned. It defers from actual intelligent discussion about a fight.

So first of all, landing more “significant strikes” does not a round make. It’s down to the judges to interpret which striker was more effective, regardless of how many strikes land.
Of course if it’s 40-2 or something one sided then it stands to reason the fighter who landed more wins the round, but nothing like that occured here.

This is what I was thinking when fight stats were spammed everywhere, I'm glad you mentioned it because no one else did. I think this same principle is used in boxing as well.

The "stats" is some random moron hitting a button every time he arbitrarily sees a strike land. The "stats" are an utterly moronic thing and everybody using them in any kind of argument should get banned. It defers from actual intelligent discussion about a fight.

QFT

Back