• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What’s the Reddit gossip that’s supposedly such a big deal?

dmwalking

Sapateiro Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Edit:

I found the rumors.
tried to delete this post. Couldn’t figure it out. I don’t believe it’s worth our energy. It’s some pretty sad stuff. I don’t want to contribute to the gossip. I don’t recommend searching for the gossip. I’ll wait until all the facts are out. But if it’s true, it’s some sad shit. Bjj is not a douchebag filter. The power that Bjj provides actually attracts douchebags.

I’ll leave it at that and spare y’all the rant.

Last edited:
Edit:

I found the rumors.
tried to delete this post. Couldn’t figure it out. I don’t believe it’s worth our energy. It’s some pretty sad stuff. I don’t want to contribute to the gossip. I don’t recommend searching for the gossip. I’ll wait until all the facts are out. But if it’s true, it’s some sad shit. Bjj is not a douchebag filter. The power that Bjj provides actually attracts douchebags.

I’ll leave it at that and spare y’all the rant.

Rant on sir.

Rant on sir.

lol. I appreciate the encouragement. But I think I’ve said enough. I would just expound on the point that martial arts, namely Bjj, isn’t the douchebag filter that Rogan said it is like 10+ years ago.

i was a big Eddie bravo 10th planet Joe Rogan acolyte back then. And I loved the romantic idea that jiu jitsu humbled people. It would repel the bullies. It empowered the intellectual. The bully would have to humble themselves to become intellectual if they desired to improve in the art of Bjj. I mean, it was Bjj that helped me confront my much larger older bully when I was a kid. So I bought into that belief wholeheartedly.

more than 10 years of experience later, I had to face reality.

A lot of people have an ego so big that they will endure 100000 humiliations in order to get good enough to one day become top dog again and once again assert their bully dominance.

a lot of guys who start off humble become corrupted by the power of jiu jitsu and unintentionally become bullies themselves. I’ve been to enough gyms and open mats to have experienced enough gym culture to arrive at my conclusion. I’ve seen enough before and after pictures. I’ve seen enough belt promotions. I’ve witnessed firsthand how often the bitch boys turn into bullies. It’s fucking embarrassing. It’s so corny. Granted, it doesn’t happen 100% of the time, but it happens enough that I’ve noticed. It’s happened enough that it’s soured my view of Bjj culture.

Rogan used to say it was an ego killer. That may be true in the first year. Or maybe for a school with stagnant membership. But on the flip side, it can definitely become an ego enhancer.

as the old saying goes, power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. So as time goes on , and scandals continue to surface, I’m less and less surprised because I understand how power corrupts. If a nerd can become a bully just off of a belt color, how much worse can they become as a head instructor? As a gym owner? As a social media influencer? As a world champ? As a millionaire?

I tend to be cynical about the whole budo and bushido honor martial arts philosophy bow to sensei shit..,,,but I kinda wish that was more prevalent. Bjj has become a bit of a meathead sport. Peds, injuries, drama, etc.

I’m grateful that a company like ONE FC champions the more respectful types. And maybe I’m giving too much credit to the douchebags when they’re really the minority. But the history is established. Bjj is NOT a douchebag filter. I feel that it’s becoming a douchebag attractor. The world has been exposed to the efficiency of the art and psychos are attracted to the power that comes with it.

so yeah, I won’t name all the scandals or have the names of those involved…..but again, I think it’s safe to say that Bjj is not a douchebag filter.

I’ll stop there.

lol. I appreciate the encouragement. But I think I’ve said enough. I would just expound on the point that martial arts, namely Bjj, isn’t the douchebag filter that Rogan said it is like 10+ years ago.

i was a big Eddie bravo 10th planet Joe Rogan acolyte back then. And I loved the romantic idea that jiu jitsu humbled people. It would repel the bullies. It empowered the intellectual. The bully would have to humble themselves to become intellectual if they desired to improve in the art of Bjj. I mean, it was Bjj that helped me confront my much larger older bully when I was a kid. So I bought into that belief wholeheartedly.

A lot of people have an ego so big that they will endure 100000 humiliations in order to get good enough to one day become top dog again and once again assert their bully dominance.

a lot of guys who start off humble become corrupted by the power of jiu jitsu and unintentionally become bullies themselves. I’ve been to enough gyms and open mats to have experienced enough gym culture to arrive at my conclusion. I’ve seen enough before and after pictures. I’ve seen enough belt promotions. I’ve witnessed firsthand how often the bitch boys turn into bullies. It’s fucking embarrassing. It’s so corny. Granted, it doesn’t happen 100% of the time, but it happens enough that I’ve noticed. It’s happened enough that it’s soured my view of Bjj culture.

Rogan used to say it was an ego killer. That may be true in the first year. Or maybe for a school with stagnant membership. But on the flip side, it can definitely become an ego enhancer.

as the old saying goes, power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. So as time goes on , and scandals continue to surface, I’m less and less surprised because I understand how power corrupts. If a nerd can become a bully just off of a belt color, how much worse can they become as a head instructor? As a gym owner? As a social media influencer? As a world champ? As a millionaire?

I tend to be cynical about the whole budo and bushido honor martial arts philosophy bow to sensei shit..,,,but I kinda wish that was more prevalent. Bjj has become a bit of a meathead sport. Peds, injuries, drama, etc.

I’m grateful that a company like ONE FC champions the more respectful types. And maybe I’m giving too much credit to the douchebags when they’re really the minority. But the history is established. Bjj is NOT a douchebag filter. I feel that it’s becoming a douchebag attractor. The world has been exposed to the efficiency of the art and psychos are attracted to the power that comes with it.

so yeah, I won’t name all the scandals or have the names of those involved…..but again, I think it’s safe to say that Bjj is not a douchebag filter.

I’ll stop there.

It was like that when I was wrestling, and doing Judo.
Wrestling is meathead sport right from the get go so it only gets worse from there.
Bushido is real, but unfortunately its not enforced throughout the time you're in a school...and hell some schools don't teach it at all.
I hear where you're coming from and really its part of the human condition unfortunately.

Its up to the us to rise above that and show what we're truly made of.
Sadly people like Rogan have the ear of so many impressionable people that people tend to listen to him like he's a fuckin parent or something, when in fact he's one of the ego maniac bullies that you described here.

Any martial art, or any place a person can become powerful in one way or another has the possibility of going off the rails.
"Drunk with power"..."Power corrupting" these sayings serve as a reminder of what can happen.

Problem is most people blow that off until its too late.
When I was a manager of an office I made it a point to treat everyone like they were my equal, and I did so until I had to draw the line, but I never just shit on people just because I could.

A lot of that is from my grandmother and mother.
They always told me you don't beat someone who is weaker than you, and if anything you try to uplift that person to help them become more than they thought they could be.

Not everyone has that in their lives so they turn to other people they look up to, without ever knowing who they are exactly.
Could be a football coach, wrestling, BJJ, judo etc...but if their morals are corrupted then they're learning from a broken source.

Sorry for babbling but I agree with you sir.

I honestly fucking hate bjj culture. My favorite gym was usually the same 6-8 guys who loved the sport but most of them came from Pablo popovich’s gym and fight sports so they saw all the drama that can occur. Everyone was friendly, trained intelligently, and had fun. The gym owner was the leader, but there was no cult of personality there. Most other gyms I go to are really cringy with the jumping jacks and push-ups, bowing to every black belt, and my least favorite of all: the suck up usually blue belt who the instructor demonstrates techniques on. Also the little 135lb runts who call themselves killers and just ooze negative energy once they get their blue belt. I never have had these issues at a Muay Thai class, but haven’t trained it at as many gyms as bjj so idk.

One last thing: that bowing shit is a really bad habit for guys to form. I am in business and I swear I find myself mildly bowing and looking down when meeting clients from time to time, and it’s the worst!

I’ll stop there.

It was like that when I was wrestling, and doing Judo.
Wrestling is meathead sport right from the get go so it only gets worse from there.
Bushido is real, but unfortunately its not enforced throughout the time you're in a school...and hell some schools don't teach it at all.
I hear where you're coming from and really its part of the human condition unfortunately.

Its up to the us to rise above that and show what we're truly made of.
Sadly people like Rogan have the ear of so many impressionable people that people tend to listen to him like he's a fuckin parent or something, when in fact he's one of the ego maniac bullies that you described here.

Any martial art, or any place a person can become powerful in one way or another has the possibility of going off the rails.
"Drunk with power"..."Power corrupting" these sayings serve as a reminder of what can happen.

Problem is most people blow that off until its too late.
When I was a manager of an office I made it a point to treat everyone like they were my equal, and I did so until I had to draw the line, but I never just shit on people just because I could.

A lot of that is from my grandmother and mother.
They always told me you don't beat someone who is weaker than you, and if anything you try to uplift that person to help them become more than they thought they could be.

Not everyone has that in their lives so they turn to other people they look up to, without ever knowing who they are exactly.
Could be a football coach, wrestling, BJJ, judo etc...but if their morals are corrupted then they're learning from a broken source.

Sorry for babbling but I agree with you sir.

IME martial arts can be humbling, but only for folks who have it in them to be humbled (which is quite a few). Sometimes folks act dickish due to immaturity, poor role models and/or bad nurturing, but deep down they still have a good conscience and a good heart. OTOH nature is always a factor. Some kids are just sociopathic douches from day 1 and always will be, with or without training.

Among combat sports, BJJ probably has the most bad behavior because its culture is the most ad hoc and decentralized, with BBs having free rein to indulge their idiosyncracies. I've never liked the bowing "professor" shit, mystical overemphasis on belt hierarchy or BBs being above the rules for everyone else. That doesn't fly in other combat sports. It comes from BJJ's thuggish roots that Kano ironically tried to stamp out of JJJ by distilling it into Judo.

I honestly fucking hate bjj culture. My favorite gym was usually the same 6-8 guys who loved the sport but most of them came from Pablo popovich’s gym and fight sports so they saw all the drama that can occur. Everyone was friendly, trained intelligently, and had fun. The gym owner was the leader, but there was no cult of personality there. Most other gyms I go to are really cringy with the jumping jacks and push-ups, bowing to every black belt, and my least favorite of all: the suck up usually blue belt who the instructor demonstrates techniques on. Also the little 135lb runts who call themselves killers and just ooze negative energy once they get their blue belt. I never have had these issues at a Muay Thai class, but haven’t trained it at as many gyms as bjj so idk.

One last thing: that bowing shit is a really bad habit for guys to form. I am in business and I swear I find myself mildly bowing and looking down when meeting clients from time to time, and it’s the worst!

Yeah the bowing shit can be a PITA. Once when I was in a rush at the grocery store and the bagger handed me my groceries, I bowed to him and said "Oss" LMFAO. He just stared back at me like the complete idiot that I was.

Last edited:
IME martial arts training can be humbling, but only for folks who have it in them to be humbled (which is quite a few). Sometimes you see folks who act dickish because of bad upbringing, poor role models and/or other aspects of bad nurture, but deep down they still have a good conscience and a good heart. OTOH nature is always a factor. Some kids are just sociopathic douches from day 1 and will always be so, with or without training. Training only enables them to be bigger bullies.

Among mainstream combat sports, BJJ probably has the highest incidence of "mat bullies" and that's largely because its culture is the most ad hoc and decentralized, with BBs having free rein to indulge their idiosyncracies. I've never liked the bowing "professor" shit, mystical overemphasis on belt hierarchy or the culture of BBs being above the rules for everyone else. That doesn't fly in other combat sports. And it's a remnant of BJJ's thuggish roots that ironically Kano tried to stamp out of JJJ by distilling it into Judo.

Yeah the bowing shit can be a PITA. Once when I was in a rush at the grocery store and the bagger handed me my groceries, I bowed to him and said "Oss" LMFAO. He just stared at me like the complete idiot that I was.
Hahahaha that’s awesome

Lmfao I appreciate you guys. This small group here is probably the only reason I still post in f12 instead of the larger groups. This sub forum has always seemed mostly reasonable.

I do agree that Bjj, and martial arts in general, can keep a person humble. But as it was already mentioned, I believe a person has to already have that in them to remain humble.

Speaking for myself, it’s been a blessing to benefit from both the confidence and humility that Bjj has helped me with. And fortunately, the two main schools I’ve trained at have been full of cool ass people and solid coaches. You really do lead by example.

but yeah, it’s just a damn shame that it really isn’t a douvhebag filter.

Lmfao I appreciate you guys. This small group here is probably the only reason I still post in f12 instead of the larger groups. This sub forum has always seemed mostly reasonable.

I do agree that Bjj, and martial arts in general, can keep a person humble. But as it was already mentioned, I believe a person has to already have that in them to remain humble.

Speaking for myself, it’s been a blessing to benefit from both the confidence and humility that Bjj has helped me with. And fortunately, the two main schools I’ve trained at have been full of cool ass people and solid coaches. You really do lead by example.

but yeah, it’s just a damn shame that it really isn’t a douvhebag filter.
Can you link me to the post you're talking about sir?

Okay, I tracked down the rumours. If there was one person outside of Lloyd Irvin I could see trying to start a cult, it would be Danaher. I don't know if these rumours are true or if Danaher himself was directly involved, but I could absolutely believe there was this type of abuse of power happening under him. Also, if these rumours are true, Craig Jones is a goddamn hero.

I hope these rumours aren't true because there is definitely human damage involved and I hate to see that.

They are out, the reddit post was all true. And there's even more to it.

Okay, I tracked down the rumours. If there was one person outside of Lloyd Irvin I could see trying to start a cult, it would be Danaher. I don't know if these rumours are true or if Danaher himself was directly involved, but I could absolutely believe there was this type of abuse of power happening under him. Also, if these rumours are true, Craig Jones is a goddamn hero.

I hope these rumours aren't true because there is definitely human damage involved and I hate to see that.
can someone dm a taco dr?

Oh yeah, yeah, I definitely know what rumor you’re talking about cause, you know, I’m a grown-ass man who checks out reddit.

Btw, have you read about that other rumor the other day that’s even worse than the one you’re talking about? Ain’t that some shit?

And don’t even get me started on that yet other rumor that just came out today. Now that, that is some crazy shit if you ask me.

This was the reddit post:

''
It looks like the cat is out of the bag re Gordon and the DDS. As eluded to by many in the current thread, the information that I have received from numerous reliable sources including DDS members is as follows:

1)Gordon would regularly have sex in front of Nicky when Nicky was 13/14. Gordon would make Nicky watch him have sex and get off on it.

2) Gordon pressured Nicky into losing his virginity to Sonny.

3) Sonny witheld PEDs from Ethan and Nicky for not doing there chores in Puerto Rico.

4) Gordon bullied Nicky re inheritance when his dad died.

5) Nicky was struggling with bad depression and Mr. Craig Jones took it upon himself to remove Nicky from the situation and establish B Team.

Flograppling and Gordon's sponsors are aware of all of this.

It's a good day for the haters''

''
It looks like the cat is out of the bag re Gordon and the DDS. As eluded to by many in the current thread, the information that I have received from numerous reliable sources including DDS members is as follows:

1)Gordon would regularly have sex in front of Nicky when Nicky was 13/14. Gordon would make Nicky watch him have sex and get off on it.

3) Sonny witheld PEDs from Ethan and Nicky for not doing there chores in Puerto Rico.

5) Nicky was struggling with bad depression and Mr. Craig Jones took it upon himself to remove Nicky from the situation and establish B Team.

I always thought Gordan Ryan came off as a prick and way too full of himself but if this shit is true holy fuck man, guy is a psychopath.

''

Yeah I saw that yesterday. On one of B-Teams AMA YouTube videos about a month or two back Nicky Rod jokingly asks Nicky Ryan how he lost his virginity, and Nicky Ryan laughs and says “I don’t think we should get into that” and everyone in the background laughs too. Pretty obvious there are some truth to the rumors.

Also another rumor was that Gordon shared Sonny with his late father Big Gordo and the man John Danaher himself. Which isn’t too unbelievable at this point lol

I lived in Japan, know the language and culture. Martial arts had a really bad reputation after the Meiji restoration. Largely it's because a lot of the early Yakuza were displaced samurai, and that's who knew martial arts, which were forbidden for the lower classes.

Kano tied it in to religion (the DO from judo, kendo, karate-do, aikido, mean path or way, same as DAO in daoism/taoism but the Japanese pronunciation of dao is do) to clean up the image. Jujitsu was renamed judo for marketing purposes, and all the respect and mysticism shit came later. It's a perfect setup for a cult.

Same. Reddit is fucking insufferable.

I've met Craig, he comes off as a legitimately nice guy.

can someone dm a taco dr?

I was gonna ask you to send it to me but I kept reading.

I always thought Gordan Ryan came off as a prick and way too full of himself but if this shit is true holy fuck man, guy is a psychopath.

Damn, I'm in Austin and know a lot about the gut issues he's dealing with and have a doctor that can get him straightened out, I was actually thinking of reaching out via a buddy that trains there. Now I wonder if it's just his humble pie. He can figure it out on his own.

Also another rumor was that Gordon shared Sonny with his late father Big Gordo and the man John Danaher himself. Which isn’t too unbelievable at this point lol

It's well known that Danaher is a freak and into bondage and shit. He wears a rashguard because he thinks women like it.

This entire thing is wild. Nicky Rod, Nicky Ryan and Craig went on Lex's podcast a while back. You could tell there was some seriously dark shit brewing underneath. That's fucked up if true that Gordon was doing that shit in front of his little brother and had Sonny mess with him. When you're a teenager, you figure that shit out with other teenagers. That bitch belongs in prison. And parring her around to Danaher and his dad too? Jesus. They're acting like a bunch of animals over there.

Last edited:
I’ve always wondered why Craig seemed to be such an asshole to Gordon out of nowhere. Like he just kept trolling and trolling him and his lowest point. Wearing diapers and calling him various names of poopy pants and flaunting around pepto bismo. While Gordon has been nothing but cordial and respectful to Craig until he started trolling him.

If these rumors are true then it really makes sense why Craig would just be a huge dick out of nowhere. Like he actually really doesn’t like and respect him from a human being stand point… or Craig kinda sold out and loves the attention from the drama. Who knows

Back