Social What’s the biggest mistake you ever made?

I feel so bad about this, but i was a young 20 year old kid, who just lost his first son due to being still born 4 days before his due date. Me and my girlfriend were living with my parents. My dad approached me about complaints he had about my then girlfriend not helping around the house as much as they'd like. And out of anger or depression or whatever i was feeling at the time i responded "but i bet if i had my son here, you wouldnt be complaining about it" or something like that. I knew me and her were both young kids who were going thru the worse thing we ever experienced.. The heartbroken look on my dads face kills me to this day. He died 3 months after i lost my son. The ROUGHEST period of my life. I wish i could apologize to him for that. Even thinking about it today ill get teary eyed.

Staying with the wrong one and having 2 children with her. We met when i was 15, i knew her from the neighborhood. Was working at a restruant then, and me and this girl who was a waitress used to always take our lunches together and just spent alot of time together at work. I felt like i loved her. And but i also had feeling for the girl in the neighborhood, and another girl i was in school with.. chose the neighborhood girl. waitress girl asked me if id go to her homecoming with her, i didnt think she was serious, more of like it was a general question, like a "would i be someone youd take to homecoming" type of question, i dont remember exactly how i answered. But found out years later she was legitimately asking me to go with her. She was wife material and i fucked that up.

Other than those very specific things would be not doing good in school even though i was very capable. Id fail high school, have to do summer school and have straight A's in summer school. Was even told by a teacher she wanted to pair me with a kid who was struggling because i was her best student and thought i could help her alot. Maybe it was just the duration of the school year that i just couldnt keep interest.

I took my dad's death at 19 and my moms death at 21 really badly. I fucked up my relationship with my wife , fucked up my relationship with my new girlfriend , got way too into drugs and drinking and really let everyone who counted on me and loved me down. I was a broken hearted mess and I didn't know what to do with myself at all. It took a long time to realize I was hurt scared and angry and put things back together again.

When I was 16 me and a couple of buddies broke into the house of a friend who’s family was away on summer vacation. We figured we’d raid his dad’s liquor cabinet for our Canada Day party which we were going to have a few days later. We got caught by the neighbors. The RCMP were called out but we got away, but my friend and his family figured out who was responsible.

We never faced any legal repercussions over the incident but 22 years later I’m still ashamed by what we did.

My brother shared some information with me that I didn't realize was confidential. I posted about it in the heavies. Someone on here messaged me asking how I knew the information. I gave the guy my brother's name. My brother almost got fired from his job over it.

Was the last time in my life anyone's actually screamed at me, and boy did I deserve it!

My brother shared some information with me that I didn't realize was confidential. I posted about it in the heavies. Someone on here messaged me asking how I knew the information. I gave the guy my brother's name. My brother almost got fired from his job over it.

Was the last time in my life anyone's actually screamed at me, and boy did I deserve it!
wow. Share the story with me in pm because that has me intrigued.

Getting black out drunk at 15. Woke up in holding cell at cop shop. Was asked if I needed to call anyone or a lift. Said not at all ( just wanted to get out. )

Was unaware I was in a different city. 77km 45 odd miles. Walked a ungodly amount of time along the freeway in Australian summer dehydrated as fuck. Stopped at shops to pinch drinks. Was having a rest on side of highway a kind fellow pulled over asked if I was ok and offered a lift.

Responded no thanks I'm fine.. as he drove off I realised I'm a moron and fuck my pride.....

didnt buy a few bitcoin when it was discussed on sherdog in early days

Not the biggest mistake but the most recent one. I rode 110 miles up through 3 mountain roads thinking I could make it back home before dark. Forgot that it gets dark really quick, foggy and cold up in the mountains. 5:30 pm was practically night time. With only my blinker and rear light and an almost non-functional rear brake, I soldiered on. I could only see 20-30ft in front of me so I couldn't take advantage of descending like the devil. I ran out of gatorade/water that I took refuge for a couple of minutes to a family(there was literally no gas station/convenience stores) who gave me water and were shocked that I was still on the road on a bike really late. I wanted to call my wife to come fetch me as I was cramping so bad but I don't want her to drive up the mountains at night. Arrived home at almost 9:00pm. My wife's uncle told me that they were just waiting for my call so they could pick me up.

900x0_s3-53163-W-UTAH-159_21_CM-5.jpg

107340193_175019687387337_3982835492697407084_n.jpg

They look fine during the day and it's really gorgeous but got really dark and scary at night. It would take like 20 mins or so before I encounter another vehicle.

Getting black out drunk at 15. Woke up in holding cell at cop shop. Was asked if I needed to call anyone or a lift. Said not at all ( just wanted to get out. )

Was unaware I was in a different city. 77km 45 odd miles. Walked a ungodly amount of time along the freeway in Australian summer dehydrated as fuck. Stopped at shops to pinch drinks. Was having a rest on side of highway a kind fellow pulled over asked if I was ok and offered a lift.

Responded no thanks I'm fine.. as he drove off I realised I'm a moron and fuck my pride.....
What's funny is on Dec 31 I decided to ride 100km to my aunt's place to celebrate the new year. I was using the same bike I used on my previous post. I cramped so bad that I dropped on the side of the road 2x. When I fell the 2nd time my cousin called me asking me about the party for tonight. I told him I'll call him later as I was literally lying down on the side of the road with both of my legs cramping up. He offered to pick me up, I declined because there's only 12 kms left. A pickup truck pulled over and the driver asked me if I want an ambulance, I declined because it's just cramps. He offered me to drive me to my aunt's place. I said I don't want to be a bother and that I'll gonna be fine. Less than a minute when he left, I swallowed my pride and called my cousin to pick me up. Needless to say, I'll probably give that bike to my daughter. It was too small for me but I kept using it because it's just so much faster than my xc bike.

Too many to name that were pretty destructive to the course of my life. All of them involving letting the wrong people into my life and being wrong about who they were. They might feel that way about me, but I don't know, fuck'em.

Not taking antidepressants earlier in life. So much time and ruined relationships I’ll never get back. Could always be worse.

Back