Western New York BJJ

Murdoch

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Just letting WNYers know that Carlson Gracie Team Buffalo is accepting members. The team meets fridays at 630 at flips gym in lockport. if you have any questions check out http://www.jamestownjiu-jitsu.com/index.htm . Chuck runs his Jamestown Academy and the Team in Buffalo. He is a purple belt under Carlson Gracie Sr. He is an excellent teacher and coach. Feel free to contact Chuck through his website or me here. All skill levels and ages are welcome.

Anybody in the area check this place out, its a good find. Glad to see you guys got ur thing going up in Buffalo..good luck with that

thanks bro, come roll with us anytime. where do you train out of?

Jamestown, gana start training in Erie soon hopefully. Buffalo is a little bit of a hall for me, might make it to the Fredonia classes.

once i get some time i'll be going down to jamestown more. until then its every friday at 630

I'm willing to roll anytime man, just get ahold of me when ur in the area and we can get a little grappling in.

Kyle Johnson said:
I'm willing to roll anytime man, just get ahold of me when ur in the area and we can get a little grappling in.
sounds good. pass the word around about the buffalo class to whoever might be interested. i might be going to that Fredonia class in december.

Carlson Gracie Team Buffalo
Building from the bottom up!

Kyle Johnson said:
A few of us from Buffalo might start going down Wednesday nights for class in Jamestown.

Paul, the guys who have joined for 6 months from the Buffalo class are all welcome to come to Jamestown once a week for no extra charge. Hope to see you guys this Wednesday.

this is the last week of classes for me so i can't make it this Wed. I'll see you friday and then next Wed I'll start making the trip.

Fredonia!! *misty eyes* Graduated there a LOOONG time ago. Is the OMI still in business?

Kyle Johnson said:
Jamestown, gana start training in Erie soon hopefully. Buffalo is a little bit of a hall for me, might make it to the Fredonia classes.

Chuck Anzalone, he is a Carlson Gracie Sr Purple Belt.
Very attentive and involved.
This is the instructer.

BTW Gusano, What can we expect on a Wed MMA class in Jamestown?
4 oz gloves, no gi, headgear?
I don't know what to expect for the 2 hour class.

Parker.

Parker, for the MMA class we train without the gi. You guys won't be doing any full contact sparring anytime soon but will be doing lots of striking with pads in the beginning to hone your skills. We hit focus mitts and Thai pads to practice punching and elbows. We have a leg kick pad and body shields to practice kicking and knees. We also practice no-gi grappling technique and free spar grappling without the gi. In the beginning, guys train these things seperately and once they have a foundation they are combined. Later comes sparring with protective gear that includes all aspects of the fight from standing to clinch to the ground and includes striking on the ground.

Expect an awesome workout and we'll grab some food afterwards!

check out the new academy and the new site www.WNYMMA.com
Carlson Gracie is coming feb 4th for a seminar open to the public. check out the site for details on the seminar and the academy.

I'm up in Buffalo a lot on business. Overnights, and all. I'm new to grappling, but would it be imposing to ask if I could come and check your academy out if I'm out "west"?

Back