We're into for 2 meh cards for UFC 237/238

Since it’s not in the OP, here’s the list of fights.

UFC 237:
Women's Strawweight Rose Namajunas(c) vs. Jéssica Andrade [a]
Middleweight Jared Cannonier vs. Anderson Silva
Featherweight José Aldo vs. Alexander Volkanovski
Welterweight Thiago Alves vs. Laureano Staropoli
Lightweight Francisco Trinaldo vs. Diego Ferreira
Preliminary card (ESPN)
Light Heavyweight Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Ryan Spann
Lightweight Thiago Moises vs. Kurt Holobaugh
Women's Bantamweight Irene Aldana vs. Bethe Correia
Lightweight B.J. Penn vs. Clay Guida
Early Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)
Women's Flyweight Luana Carolina vs. Wu Yanan
Welterweight Warlley Alves vs. Sérgio Moraes
Bantamweight Raoni Barcelos vs. Said Nurmagomedov
Women's Bantamweight Talita Bernardo vs. Melissa Gatto

UFC 238:
Bantamweight Henry Cejudo vs. Marlon Moraes [a]
Women's Flyweight Valentina Shevchenko(c) vs. Jessica Eye https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_238#cite_note-7
Bantamweight Jimmie Rivera vs. Petr Yan
Heavyweight Tai Tuivasa vs. Blagoy Ivanov
Women's Strawweight Tatiana Suarez vs. Nina Ansaroff
Women's Strawweight Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Alexa Grasso
Bantamweight Aljamain Sterling vs. Pedro Munhoz
Featherweight Ricardo Lamas vs. Calvin Kattar
Women's Flyweight Katlyn Chookagian vs. Joanne Calderwood
Women's Strawweight Felice Herrig vs. Xiaonan Yan

Ufc 238 has 2 title fights Plus like 10 other top ten fighters. No fight night has ever been that good.

It's certainly not a great card but

Cejudo vs Moraes- bw title fight
Shevchenko vs Eye Wfly title fight
Sterling vs Munhoz
Yan vs Rivera
Tuivasa vs Ivanov
Lamas vs Kattar
Suarez vs Ansaroff

This would be the most stacked fight night ever
Fight nights are for gatekeepers and young up and comers anyways

Aside from anderson/jared, im not interested in seeing WMMA(aside from nunes, cyborg fights) and 2 really smaller guys fighting. Guess UFC 239 will be worth it after these 2 lack luster events

238 has WAYY too many WMMA fights on it.

50% of the fights are WMMA.

Im actually looking forward to Namajunas vs. Andrade
watch this sick fuckin Flying Armbar she pulled off

Except Andrade will just throw her over the cage with one arm or pile drive Rose if she tried that shit.

Except Andrade will just throw her over the cage with one arm or pile drive Rose if she tried that shit.
It'd be fun to watch tho and would be worth the money, lol, I wasn't dickriding rose or anything, I just wanted an excuse to post that clip

Underestimate/overestimate cards , good cards have disappointed and bad cards have surprised.

Stay positive

You didn't see anyone else pull this emotional I can't fight because I got anxiety from this

Oh we must have forgot everyone reacts the same to everything.

She's a bad ass fighter you think she'd be faking this shit to not fight? Have you seen how good she is?

I personally think the wmma is the future. There is no chance of CTE. So what if they don't have actual fighting skills. What alpha male doesn't get excited about girl power!?

UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Diaz

Benson Henderson (c) def. Nate Diaz
Light Heavyweight Alexander Gustafsson def. Maurício Rua
Welterweight Rory MacDonald def. B.J. Penn
Welterweight Matt Brown def. Mike Swick
Preliminary Card (FX)
Lightweight Yves Edwards def. Jeremy Stephens
Bantamweight Raphael Assunção def. Mike Easton
Lightweight Ramsey Nijem def. Joe Proctor
Catchweight (158.8 lbs.) Daron Cruickshank def. Henry Martinez
Lightweight Abel Trujillo def. Marcus LeVesseur
Featherweight Dennis Siver def. Nam Phan
Preliminary Card (Facebook)
Bantamweight Scott Jorgensen def. John Albert

You didn't see anyone else pull this emotional I can't fight because I got anxiety from this
Imagine her witnessing an actual murder or something, she would hide for the rest of her life lol

You also didn't see it from Namajunas. She's been recovering from surgery.

As to the original topic, I see a lot to like on both of these cards. I'll watch MMA in any division, they all can have both horrible and fantastic fights. Also, how does someone become a name if everyone refuses to watch them until they are a big name?

Aside from anderson/jared, im not interested in seeing WMMA(aside from nunes, cyborg fights) and 2 really smaller guys fighting. Guess UFC 239 will be worth it after these 2 lack luster events
Just because you aren't hip enough to be into the WMMA fights, doesn't mean that the cards are actually meh. It just means that you react as a knee-jerk Debbie-downer when it comes to women's fights.

Namajunas vs Andrade a meh fight in your opinion? Wow! What a wet blanket you are! I can't imagine how that could be a meh fight.

Tatiana Suarez has been called a female Khabib on her way to being the champion of the division; I'm certainly looking forward to seeing her in action again.

Irene Aldana has 2 UFC Fight Of The Night award-winning performances to her credit already; I highly doubt her fight will be meh.

Other fan favorites such as Jo Jo 2.0, Karolina Kowalkiewicz, Alexa Grasso, and Felice Herrig... sounds fun. Plus, Yan Xiaonan, who, like Weili Zhang, is part of a powerful quest to prove that mainland China can't be ignored in MMA any longer... even more fun!

You didn't see Rose pull it either.
She fought and won immediately after the bus incident.
The delay for this fight was because of a neck injury, not anxiety.

Ufc 238 has 2 title fights Plus like 10 other top ten fighters. No fight night has ever been that good.

It's certainly not a great card but

Cejudo vs Moraes- bw title fight
Shevchenko vs Eye Wfly title fight
Sterling vs Munhoz
Yan vs Rivera
Tuivasa vs Ivanov
Lamas vs Kattar
Suarez vs Ansaroff

LOL, Shevchenko fights at the weakest and worst division, no one is interested in that division. Even Rose division is better. Also that match up with Eye is so bad that Eye previously was on a 4 fight losing streak losing to the likes of Betch. Than all the other fights you named are with a bunch of gatekeepers or people who no one knows of. The only good thing about this is cejudo vs Moraes but even cejudo isnt a big name that sells PPV's. He is another DJ.

Just because you aren't hip enough to be into the WMMA fights, doesn't mean that the cards are actually meh. It just means that you react as a knee-jerk Debbie-downer when it comes to women's fights.

Namajunas vs Andrade a meh fight in your opinion? Wow! What a wet blanket you are! I can't imagine how that could be a meh fight.

Tatiana Suarez has been called a female Khabib on her way to being the champion of the division; I'm certainly looking forward to seeing her in action again.

Irene Aldana has 2 UFC Fight Of The Night award-winning performances to her credit already; I highly doubt her fight will be meh.

Other fan favorites such as Jo Jo 2.0, Karolina Kowalkiewicz, Alexa Grasso, and Felice Herrig... sounds fun. Plus, Yan Xiaonan, who, like Weili Zhang, is part of a powerful quest to prove that mainland China can't be ignored in MMA any longer... even more fun!
Fan favorites is a bit disingenuous, makes it sounds like people are fans of them first and foremost because of their fighting abilities, PVZ is a fan favorite of a similar ilk. Incidentally this powerful quest shit makes me think you spend most of your time in your basement playing dungeons and dragons.

The first joanna/rose fight was actually good, but im not interested in WMMA unless cyborg or nunes fighting. They need to bring in an open weight division in WMMA, I want to see gabi garcia take on nunes
Gabi Garcia is over 200 pounds. You're crazy dude. That will absolutely never happen.

2 gatekeepers tbh, they'll never beat max. aldo had his run, the best chance of Max getting dethroned is Ortega improved with actual boxing
i dont think u know what gatekeeper means

Back