Werdum wants JDS rematch

JDS over Werdum all day. Cain and JDS are on a different level than the rest of the HW's. The only guy who comes close is Cormier, and we all know he's not fighting Cain, so...

I don't think he can get JDS down. I don't think his striking has improved enough to go toe-to-toe either.

Pretty much, he said it was to compete against guys like Brock who was cutting to 265 at the time.

lol, i doubt he would say "hey i got fat". If i remember correctly, he predicted that Randy would beat Brock.

I admire his desire to avenge his loss against a stylistic nightmare, but considering how his standup looked against Nog, he may want to hold off for a bit.

He looked awful fighting Nog, to be honest he appeared with the delivery of an amateur so I have my doubts about him vs either fighter. JDS would most likely knock him out again and he wouldn't have his way with Cain constantly feeding him fists. FW is cool and deserves his chances but I think he's biting off more than he can chew by fighting either of these guys.

Last edited:
Like others have said, JDS is a terrible match up for him, while Cain is better, he still best Werdum 80% of the time in my opinion.

If Werdum loses his next fight and Overeem wins his, they should rematch. Since Reem's aura is gone, I think Werdum goes in a lot less fearful and wins this.

JDS is probably the worst match up at HW I could think of for Werdum. That being said, this year has taught us anything can happen.

Yes, for a while here in Argentina we had UFC on foxsports with mexican commentators and it was awesome to have him there. Technical and funny.

exactly.....he provides UFC experience and they all joke a lot

He was bulking at the time. You gain fat when you do it, but it doesn't mean he was out of shape. I do think he took JDS far too lightly though.

i remember goldie or rogan saying he was bulking for Lesnar (since he had the belt) at the same time mir was doing the same thing.

I'd like ot see him against Cain just because I want to see if he cna submit him. I think he can. Cain had to spend like 12 minutes against Kongo on the ground(after getting rocked every time he attempted to strike) and still didn't come anywhere close to hurting or finishing Kongo if that fight was 3 more rounds Kongo still would be alright just lose a decision with no damage. I think Cain staying on the ground with Werdum for 25 minutes would be suicide on Cain's part, No way Werdum wouldn't catch him with something in that time.

I think he has a very good chance against Cain.

Cain's game is all about opening his opponent up to strikes with the threat of the takedown, which something he won't be able to do with Werdum.

he is gonna get his wish if jds wins against cain. plus he gets the ts. though i think he'll ko'd again....

One of my favourite HWs, if not my favourite. I think JDS is a tougher opponent than Velasquez for him.

The last fight was close, he deserves it...haha! The way Werdum holds his chin when he strikes makes him such an easy target for a high level striker and he wont be able to get Junior to the ground

Judging by the Overeem fight, Werdums greatest gameplan will not work against JDS.

i can not see how werdum can beat jds. i dont think his stand up is that good to threaten junior with the takedown. if he stands and trades with cigano for more than a minute, i reckon he will be put to sleep with juniors windmill right. he would have to close the distance and do it quickly

Back