Werdum tells story about that time when Mirko kicked him so hard it split his muscle in two

Too bad he couldnt do that in the UFC. He never materialized into a great like expected in the cage.

Too bad he couldnt do that in the UFC. He never materialized into a great like expected in the cage.
Unfortunately. He had a resurgence after he left but he also put on his muscle mass and wasn't getting tested which unfortunately seems to be a reason.

zp0i12i0p2741.jpg

Wow, so funny. Wanderlei not wanting to smoke weed on the livestream, lol. That was a good conversation. Everyone says Wandy is the nicest guy, he seems so chill in that video. I love Brazilians lol, such good natured people.

Sounds like the Bas / Kerr / Rodriguez "Please knock out my friend" scenario

Cro Cop's the man. Not the prettiest technique, not the most accomplished or greatest ever, but will always be my favorite. Dude had scary ass power, and was a master of sprawl and brawl. He always tried to keep the fight standing with great urgency, and would hurt a mf if they didn't get out of the way of his strikes. I really wish his UFC run was better than it was, and was super excited to see him be able to throw elbows.

Last edited:

Yeah but his career and resurgence is an amazing story.

No disrespect to these legends, but it's stories like this that exemplify why dudes like Shogun, Mirko, etc. had their promising careers derailed by injuries. Of course they had great success, but they could have done so much more if they trained smarter instead of harder. And it's not just Pride dudes - look at Cain / Tony Ferguson, etc.

Werdum's a fascinating guy, I could listen to him all day. I'd want to hear more about his beef with Ferguson.

Wow, so funny. Wanderlei not wanting to smoke weed on the livestream, lol. That was a good conversation. Everyone says Wandy is the nicest guy, he seems so chill in that video. I love Brazilians lol, such good natured people.

Same interview where he talked about Krazy Horse Knocking him out.

He was super humble and authentic about it.
Even said he was being cocky, basically just laughed it off.

I've heard he's amazingly good with Fans as well

Back