Werdum easily beats Cain again, why don't people learn?

1. Georges greased against Penn
2. Werdum will smash Cain standing, in the clinch and on the ground again.
3. None of the examples you listed are good examples when comparing Cain/Werdum

Well, first fight Penn eye-poked GSP, second fight GSP greased. Neither of them had a reason to complain about the other's cheating.

And after two fights where both cheated about equally (greasing vs eye poking is a wash) GSP came out with two wins, though the first was razor close.

Agree that other examples are irrelevant; since when does MMA math apply to this sort of thing well?

Conveniently forgetting the Couture Belfort rematch aren't we?

Cain has always been over rated. He fought the same guys over and over. Werdum is an all around better, more skilled fighter. Anyone can lose to a punch, but other than getting caught, I don't really see many other ways for werdum to lose. He will def have cardio..we will see if Cain does. I've seen a lot of fighters lose their mojo after an injury. I honestly don't think Cain will ever be the same cardio machine without losing a lot of his body weight. Once its gone its very hard to get back and remain as strong.

"Because Cain won the rematch with JDS!!!"

*ignores the fact that the two matchups have absolutely no similarities whatsoever*

I wouldn't be so sure about that in this case. I hoped Werdum won the first and hope he wins again, but I think we may see a better Cain here and the fight will be more competitive.

I beg to differ. The rematch is going to considerably different.

This doesn't even take into consideration the fact that Cain will likely get injured 23 times before the fight.

I agree--loser never ever win the rematch. Cain had nothing at all for JDS the first time they fought, and then people foolishly thought Cain had a chance of winning the rematch.

Wanderlei finished Rampage TWICE and silly people thought Rampage had a chance of winning the third fight.

Come on TS! I'm picking Werdum to win again, but to imply that Cain is not a serious threat is just dumb.

werdum's ground game is amazing.cain had him in side control and couldn't do shit. werdum easily escaped side control into full guard. this was when cain knew werdum was too good for him on the ground. stand up cain punches didn't really hurt werdum and he was fucking swinging for a ko. werdum's jab straight combos were more effective busting up cain's face. in the clinch werdum landed a beautiful knee to cain's chin. usually the hands pull the head to meet the knees where the knee would land somewhere on the face. werdum outsmarted him by not pulling his head all the way down but brought his knee up higher to connect underneath his chin.

werdum's striking is very advanced and fluid. he doesn't have much ko power but lands clean with combos. his striking positioning, transitions and timing is top notch.

Also Weidman vs Silva 1&2. You do have a point though.

How many rematches have we seen that were marketed on the basis that the rematch would be different because of *insert excuse here*. It seems like most of the time the rematch goes the way of the first victor.

Franklin/silva 1 and 2 as well.

Fighting is very mental, so rematches usually go worse for the original loser. The only exception is when there is a large amount of time between the rematch and/or if the original fight was just a fighter getting "caught" like GSP/Serra, Lesnar/Mir, Cain/JDS

I'm not complaining about the rematch happening (although some valid complaining could be done on that topic). I'm arguing people don't tend to look at facts when they predict fights.

You didn

werdum's striking is very advanced and fluid. he doesn't have much ko power but lands clean with combos. his striking positioning, transitions and timing is top notch.

If his striking is so advanced, why did he get punched in the face over 100 times and landed only 7 or 8 sigificant strikes more than Cain? He might have landed the best strikes, but he didn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back