Went Ice Skating for the First Time Ever

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That shit is scary. I am 38yrs and aint never been on no ice and didnt realize how easy it is to pick up speed. I have roller skated and rollerbladed but neither of them prepared me for Ice Skating. I only feel once but hit the wall a few times. My hip is gonna be swore tomorrow. I gots a new respect hockey players and ice skaters. I was also surprised how easy it was to spin around. I think everyone should try it once.

So who here has ice skated before and who hasnt.

Havent been on ice skates since I was a kid. Always hated it. Felt like the blades were dug into into the ice and went one way while my feet went another. and after a while my ankles would feel like they'd been run over by a truck. And I couldnt stand the cold and the smell inside an ice skating rink.

C4Ogz5d.gif

My dad loves going for tour skating though.

It was pretty popular to have birthday parties at the skating rink when we were like 7-12 years old so I went to those pretty often. I was never good, I'd collect a lot of speed down the straights and now know how to stop so I'd go crashing into the wall. Still had fun though.

skate 2 -3x a week, my favourite form of cardio training.

Haven't skated in years but thinking on giving it another go this winter.

Is it hard to learn tho? I always wanted to try but my not so young ass might get embarrassed out there

Great fallback plan if the zoo is closed.

A big mall around here has an ice rink; super pretty during christmas with a tree that's a few stories tall. I like to take dates there.

I'm Canadian.

I came out of the womb wearing skates.

That shit is scary. I am 38yrs and aint never been on no ice and didnt realize how easy it is to pick up speed. I have roller skated and rollerbladed but neither of them prepared me for Ice Skating. I only feel once but hit the wall a few times. My hip is gonna be swore tomorrow. I gots a new respect hockey players and ice skaters. I was also surprised how easy it was to spin around. I think everyone should try it once.

Is much easier to go from roller skates to Ice skates than vice versa. Roller skating is harder than ice skating apparently. Not sure why though.

Is it hard to learn tho? I always wanted to try but my not so young ass might get embarrassed out there

Not that hard. Dont be afraid to fall. Or you can wear the shin pads and elbow pads. They really do lessen the impact.

For the life of me, i dont understand why they put skating rinks in malls in the philippines. And they love it. I guess im old.

Used to ice skate as a kid. Only complaint was how uncomfortable the renta skates were.

went ice skating on a date many moons ago in monterey at an ice ring in the center of fiasherman's wharf. ice skating is exhausting work and i think i just worked my way around the edge of the ring while my girl just effortlessly skated around. fuck that noise, it felt like my ankles were going to snap.

I imagine it takes skill and not easy. Hahan

Good for you

Back