Well...

The Jake

Evil Genius
Reaction score
I just finished the last of the Dragonlance Legends and the Chronicles... I started a little over a week ago.

I read fast but sometimes I wish I didn't - because it's like the whole experiences comes and goes so quickly.

Six of my favorite books in the world and I'm left craving for more.

I've got the second book of the Tales (Kender, Gully Dwarves and Gnomes) and I want the others. I also need to get the Second Generation as well. I have Dragons of Summer Flame which rounds out the entire series quite nicely but then Margaret Weis and Tracey Hickman then started the new era... the Age of Mortals and after Dragons of Summer Flame, the whole series was just capped off so beautifully I could never bring myself to pick up another book.

I won't give spoilers and I ask everybody here to respect that but dammit... I just want to read more!!!

It's like a hole in my chest... I want to read more stories of this epic magnitude. Dammit I miss Raistlin.

Oh well... roleplaying is this weekend... I think we're playing DnD....

- The Jake

Watch out for those orcs.

Meetings of the Sextet, Jake.

If I had time for D&D, I still wouldn't play. I didn't spend $700 on an XBox setup to play paper & pencil games with some D20 - rollin grabass.

But we'll probably talk about it a great deal when you come down, Jake... I doubt you'd let me off without that much. :)

I have a decent computer and currently own some of the most popular RPG, FPS and multiplayer games ever invented. Having spent the better part of my childhood infront of a computer (and the better part of my adulthood so it seems) I would dare wager that my experience with computer games exceeds most people here.

One thing I have learned in all that time is that these games will never beat the games created by our imagination.

Hojak - you're $700 could have been spent on DnD books, dice and the rest blown on pot and pizzas whilst roleplaying with your mates (not that I smoke when I roleplay but I'm guessing you and your mates would :D ).

Meat - I have Wanderlust and I've read them all... I may buy them too but I really want to get The Soulforge.

Vod - And I'll take the time to state my assumption that you're an illiterate, uneducated cretin who probably hasn't read anything more verbose than a copy of Playboy. :p

- The Jake

Before you know it, Dave, you'll be rolling up a character and going on the Subway diet.

In six months, you'll be re-enacting battle scenes in the sewers of L.A.

Your familiarity of the DnD bestiary and character creation process is rather frightening Bobby- perhaps we have another closet DnD player in the house? *sneers*
:cool: :p

- The Jake

Originally posted by The Jake
Vod - And I'll take the time to state my assumption that you're an illiterate, uneducated cretin who probably hasn't read anything more verbose than a copy of Playboy. :p

- The Jake

Actually, I'm quite the reader. I enjoy a varied degree of topics but I just have never been able to get into the whole fantasy and role-playing genre. It just has never interested me. And yes, I read playboy regularly. You'd be surprised at how good their articles are... :cool:

Your familiarity of the DnD bestiary and character creation process is rather frightening Bobby- perhaps we have another closet DnD player in the house? *sneers*
:cool: :p

- The Jake

Okay Jake, I admit it. For a two year span in junior high, I dabbled in the realm of geekdom. This cat I rolled with was all into that stuff. We played Battletech, Warhammer 40k, DnD, TMNT, all sorts of shit. If you ever made your way to the desolate wasteland known as Nebraska, I'd gladly bust out the old school on ya.

Those 100 sided dice used to rule. We used to throw those at each other. I wonder if they still make them?

"Knight of the Black Rose" is a real good book, that's sorta connected with the whole "Heroes of the Lance" era in Dragonlance, even though it's a Ravenloft book. Ravenloft was definitly my favorite module to play, with Dragonlance coming in at a close second.

Used to play TMNT as a kid as well as Advanced D&D.

The days of innocence lost.

Originally posted by Chillious
Used to play TMNT as a kid as well as Advanced D&D.

The days of innocence lost.

Are there any D&D references in your songs?

Well Vod, if you're literate it certainly escaped my attention.

Perhaps you should try broadening your horizons sometime? :D
I can recommend some great non-fantasy works if you're interested.

- The Jake

Well Vod, if you're literate it certainly escaped my attention.

Perhaps you should try broadening your horizons sometime? :D
I can recommend some great non-fantasy works if you're interested.

- The Jake

What type of stuff do you have in a non-fantasy work?

I played some TMNT too. I thought it kinda sucked, so I stuck with AD&D. Same with Magic cards. I could never get into them.

Classic uber-geek here.

I played Magic, Warhammer 40k, roleplayed every weekend just about every game system you can imagine (at least the major ones like Dnd, Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, Vampire). Still do by and large, but it's balanced out a lot more than it was back then. Strive for a balance in all things...

Vod -
A better question is what stuff do you enjoy reading.... so I can recommend something you can identify with enough to find remotely interesting and yet diverse enough to broaden some horizons? :D

- The Jake

Well currently my two favorite genre's deal with Organized Crime and Serial Killers. I've read a ton of the two topics but am always willing to add a little more knowledge to my think-tank.

I'm pretty much down for reading anything as long as it's non-fiction. I'm about to read a book dealing with paranormal activity and speaking with the dead. That's as far into fiction as I wish to delve.

I also plan to pick up a few of those books mentioned in the 'Secret Societies' thread...

Back