Weird or interesting stuff noticed on fight pass

Thiago Alves vs. Derrick Noble was actually a crazy come from behind KO, watch that shit.

28052.jpg

Anyone remember one of the early UFC's where one guy start the fight by running across the cage and throwing a kick right away?

PAT SMITH is the fighter you speak of.. UFC 6.. He ran across the cage and threw a huge kick.

Bump. Post more cool / wierd shit from less known fights!

My part time job is being a shill for the ufc. But no, I've lurked on the forums for quite some time and finally had the impulse to make an account.

What are your thoughts on all the Canadians who renewed their yearly Fight Pass subscriptions recently and are just finding out they're losing access to prelims on Fight Pass?

No, no, I know me Pat Smith. This was what would be considered a no name fighter.

I know who you're talking about. Lanky looking black dude. Bald. I remember him wearing a singlet of some sort.

I don't remember being surprised at all when Justin Salas KO'd Ben Wall!? Wall was clearly not UFC material and had been KO'd in the first prior to that fight, even quicker the first time!

I don't remember being surprised at all when Justin Salas KO'd Ben Wall!? Wall was clearly not UFC material and had been KO'd in the first prior to that fight, even quicker the first time!

Sorry I wasn't very clear why I felt that KO was shocking. Ben Wall getting KO'd wasn't shocking, it was the fact that Salas seemed hell bent on grappling and the KO punch he threw seemed to be more for setting up a takedown then scoring a knockout.

The most shocking thing about FP is the complete lack of SF fights.

I mean seriously, wtf!?

Was trying to watch some of Rousey's up and coming matches on Challengers and the BF/Fedor fight and they just weren't there. What gives.

Derrick Lewis obviously didn't pay the Buffer Tax.

You don't pay the Buffer Tax, and your name is going to be pronounced wrong, your MMA record will be screwed up, or some other embarrassing action that Bruce has control over during announcements will occur.

Fighters need to pay the Buffer Tax.

Another weird obscure one.
During the Brookins-Oliveira fight on the TUF 15 finale, Oliveira won with a modified guillotine choke. Kenny Florian than said it was a modified darce choke but completely mispronounced the word. Instead of pronouncing it like it sounds he called it a dee-yar-see choke. Weird that someone as well versed in the fight game as Florian would call it that.
Okay that may not have been the most interesting fact, but I want to keep this thread alive dammit.

What are your thoughts on all the Canadians who renewed their yearly Fight Pass subscriptions recently and are just finding out they're losing access to prelims on Fight Pass?

News to me. Did this just get activated or is it later, because I still have access to the prelims.

Anyone remember one of the early UFC's where one guy start the fight by running across the cage and throwing a kick right away?

Caol uno??

Edit. Just see you ment someone else

Weird first post.

You mean his thread actually has original content and adds value to this forum unlike your post?

Well done OP, pretty interesting thread. Keep updating it, it's a fun read.

50.50 is about the exact opposite of a odminant position

I was watching Lesnar/Cain on it yesterday and I always laugh at the goofy music they use instead of the fighters' walkout songs. It's that cheap nasty royalty-free music like they use for the weigh-ins. Cain's song was hilarious. I know he walks out to Mexican music so they replaced his walkout song with a really cheap,silly and funny mexican sounding song.

It was like music from a tv commercial for a really low-rent Mexican restaurant or like the theme tune from Speedy Gonzales.

Back