Weird or interesting stuff noticed on fight pass

flyingdadbomb

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
After having a week off from work I decided to spend my nights watching several random fights on fight pass. Doing this long enough I realized there is a gold mine of stuff that happened in fights that people did not notice or never mentioned on forums. Here are some examples:
When Derrick Lewis made his UFC debut, Bruce Buffer read his record backwards as two wins and nine losses. The look on Derrick's face was hilarious.

In his last 3 fights, Sean Pierson would handily win the first two rounds only to get demolished in the third. Pierson won all three fights, but any of them could have been scored as draws.

Igor Araujo and Danny Mitchell had one of the weirdest moments in fight history, when Igor was in a dominant position on Danny and out of nowhere the two men got in a Melendez-Sanchez striking battle while still on the ground!

Justin Salas has one of the most unexpected fight finishes I have ever seen in his fight against Ben Wall, yet nobody seems to talk about it. Same goes for Omari Akhmedov's win over Thiago Perpetuo.

Anyone else have any weird fight moments or patterns they noticed that nobody seemed to mention?

Lol at buffer I would've grabbed the mic and corrected him

I went insane when he scored the comeback. For a fight I had no vested interest in I was yelling at the top of my lungs.

lol yeah I remember doing that too. He got rocked badly but still scored a brutal KO.

Horrible audio clipping throughout the prelims.

Watched some of fights you've talked about. Weird indeed... Johnson-McCall I had this moment in rd 3 where they both just freezed and stared on each other for a second.

Anyone remember one of the early UFC's where one guy start the fight by running across the cage and throwing a kick right away?

See if suolev vs lister is on there. Baffling fight I remember from when it first happened. If it happened in ifc now and not in pride then,they both wouldve been cut

Glad to see I'm no the only one who likes Fight Pass and thinks it's worth the money. A LOT of people don't. I personally love it. It's been a god send during the black hole for TV that is the holidays. Some of the older fights I can't remember who won, so it's almost like seeing it again for the first time. :D :D :D

Lol at buffer I would've grabbed the mic and corrected him

You wouldnt have done shit.

Louis_Gaudinot_vs_Phil_Harris.gif

This one right? Was funny as shit.

Just watched that Akhemedov fight, that was pretty crazy. He was getting totally destroyed then one ugly hook while he was moving backwards.

Gotta watch that Salas fight.

But yeah there is a lot of fun stuff happening in the prelims that doesnt get talked about a lot.

Just watched Joby Sanchez vs Wilson Reis, one would have thought it was a trounching looking at the numbers, but Sanchez actually KO'ed him standing with a headkick, and he woke up when he hit the ground. Also almost got him out of there with a nasty left hook. Pretty interesting fight.

lol that was my thought. Sounds like someone's trying to drum up interest in fight pass.

My part time job is being a shill for the ufc. But no, I've lurked on the forums for quite some time and finally had the impulse to make an account.

Just remembered another fight. Igor Pokrajac and Fabio Maldonado had one of the wildest brawls I've ever seen and was one of my favorites of 2012 but nobody ever brings it up (probably on account of it happening the same night as Poirer and Zombie). If you have fight pass or know of a site that still has that particular fight I suggest giving it a watch.

Back