Weili vs Joanna has solidified WMMA

Just posted this in another thread but my anecdotal experience is definitely different. I host the PPV parties at my house and split cost with some friends. WMMA is the portion of the card where we use the bathroom, stretch our legs, walk outside, eat, or simply marvel at how bad WMMA really is. It isn't going away, I accept that, but me and my crew legitimately find it awful.

lmao I love that this thread has finally gained traction and the dude who made it isn't even on the forum anymore I don't think.

Just posted this in another thread but my anecdotal experience is definitely different. I host the PPV parties at my house and split cost with some friends. WMMA is the portion of the card where we use the bathroom, stretch our legs, walk outside, eat, or simply marvel at how bad WMMA really is. It isn't going away, I accept that, but me and my crew legitimately find it awful.
Congratulations on being wrong. What do you do when a great fight with women comes on? Ignore it? Or pretend it's bad just to further delude yourselves?

It solidified Joanna's head IMO..
joanna-hematoma.jpg

That says more about you and your friends than it does about WMMA.

It solidified my opinion of WMMA, namely that there's a half dozen or maybe even a full dozen of elite female fighters who are well worth watching and deserving of high respect. Most of the rest, even highly ranked fighters, are mediocre at best.

It's a great fight but solidified? Andrade vs. Claudia was just as bloody and brutal, and Rose vs. Joanna 2 was a very technical fight. Again, great fight and arguably foty but there were plenty good wmma scraps before it.
I think the combination of brutal and technical is what gives this fight the edge. I loved Rose vs. Joanna 2 but once it was clear Joanna's chin was holding up, it definitely felt less edge of your seat stylistically (technically awesome, I didn't know who to score it for). With Weili and Joanna, I felt like someone could go down at any moment AND it showed how deep both would dig. It got nasty but never sloppy like Andrade fights.

That being said, I enjoy the WMMA fights at the top of 135 and most of 115 so it's not like this "legitimized" anything for me, but I can see how this would break a glass ceiling of sorts for people who only care for technical violence.

It was way, way better than Griffin-Bonnar.
I'm neither pro or anti WMMA, but it's as good as any fight I've ever seen. Far better than Griffin-Bonnar, albeit less important. Anybody shitting on its popularity being "agenda driven" is being illogical. It was a badass fight of the highest order.

Congratulations on being wrong. What do you do when a great fight with women comes on? Ignore it? Or pretend it's bad just to further delude yourselves?

Have I ventured into retard world? Since when does everyone have to enjoy the same things? I didn’t realize this was a requirement.

Retard world? Seriously? Is this the 8th grade?
What are you, 12?

Nope. I don’t understand the constant refrain or inference that because I and others don’t like WMMA that there must be some deeper reason. I and many others simply think it is 99% garbage.

Back