Weight loss experiences with BJJ

Has anyone been able to gain lean muscle mass while training 6/7 times a week? I've been eating like a god damn horse, lifting before work, and training after. I'm in great shape, just trying to add a bit more muscle.

lost 30 pounds in 2 months going 3 days a week, 225 to 195,

trying to get down to 170...

I dropped from 196 to 168 in 6 weeks. As for my reason for training, although I did want to get in shape, my real goal is to learn BJJ, and to teach others.

I suppose it's easier to do an intense cardio workout several times a week when you're having fun in the process.

I've lost almost nothing worth mentioning. My diet is better but still not great. 4x a week too. But I am leaner...clothes are more baggy. I just assume I am replacing fat with muscle. I think my biggest surprise is the increase in core strength.

I went from 13% BF to 7% and guys that train with us have done the same. Basically training BJJ , Plyometrics and good eating habits.

54lbs! It took me about a year and a half. I didn't change my diet too much..just trained a lot.

dropped from 225 and 33% bodyfat to 200 and 20% bodyfat since I started training in the last year. Almost 34lbs of bodyfat and 10lbs of muscle in a year. Not too shabby.

Lifting and BJJ is all I do.

Back