Weight loss...expectations

cheapkimura

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok, I've become a bit of a fat fuck. I used to be pretty decent at: rugby, wrestling (Junior College state tournament level only) and swimming etc. and in good shape. I've gotten WAY out of shape and fat.

My goal is to lose 60 pounds. How much can I expect to lose in the next two-three months of working hard? That leads to my next question: what do you experienced people think would be the best way to lose it in terms of training (aside from getting off crack ie: Mountain Dew)? Feel free to flame/insult away, too.

diet is key.

you can work as hard as a mule but if your diet sucks you won't lose fat.

be correct, you want to lose fat, not weight right? I mean, if you could stay at the same weight but lose all your fat and maintain your muscle, wouldn't that be nice? (it wont happen but I am illustrating a point)

there is no 'you will lose 'X'-amount of kilograms per week', you burn more than you eat, you will make losses.

To answer your next question, no you can't starve yourself.

This is coming from a guy who went from 253lbs to 170lbs, so trust me, I know what I'm talking about here.

~Foz

www.fitday.com for the win.

Logging your food intake makes all the difference. I'm down from 210 to 185 with this thing.

Foz knows his shit about fat loss.

Diet is number 1, the next step is being active which can be as little as parking further away or walking more to getting down a specific workout plan. Just remember take things in steps, yeah some pro fighters workout 3 times a day and have a diet so strict that carrots are a treat but thats not gonna fly right off the bat for most guys. Just take it in steps, maybe 2 days at the gym for the first little while and 1 can of "crack" a day. Then when you want add another day and have the crack every 2 days and build from there.

hey man, maybe you can get a new supplier of crack. my crack tastes like half grape juice and half bubbly water.

60 lbs? dude, how do you expect to lose the equivalent of an 8 year old, haha. Just kidding, diet, exercise is obvious and I believe that you can do it.

Thanks for the advice. "Day One" was not too bad. No crack today. Step one...no...crack!

yeah diet is definitely key. i would say running will help you shed off the extra weight the fastest. the only thing is, there is no "quick fix." this will take time, and don't give up because you aren't satisfied with your results within the first 2 weeks.

Good luck. I'm work on getting rid of the fat as well.

Ok, I've become a bit of a fat fuck. I used to be pretty decent at: rugby, wrestling (Junior College state tournament level only) and swimming etc. and in good shape. I've gotten WAY out of shape and fat.

My goal is to lose 60 pounds. How much can I expect to lose in the next two-three months of working hard? That leads to my next question: what do you experienced people think would be the best way to lose it in terms of training (aside from getting off crack ie: Mountain Dew)? Feel free to flame/insult away, too.

Well, Ive lost 31 pounds so far since January so you can definitely lose a lot. For the 1st 5 weeks I wasn't too consisitent, going maybe , 3-4 days a week, maybe 5.....but after about week 6 I started going 6 day's a week strong and I also play hockey's on Sundays from time to time, I eat clean 6 days a week, and even on my free day I don't go on any kind of crazy binge. I drink a lot of water and only water aside from the occasional milk with my bran cereal, and I pretty much just work out hard and burn a shitload of calories everyday....I eat about 6 well portioned meals daily

Last month alone I lost 13 pounds just cause I amped up my cardio.

i lost well over thirty pounds in two months by trainin mma three days a week as hard as i could, that was without dieting at all, i only wish i had dieted then i would have lost way more.

Back