Weighing yourself

Raging_Fists

White Belt
Reaction score
Im a noob, although I have pretty much lived off this site for about a year now.

I was wondering if anybody knew when the best time is to weight yourself?

I guess common sense prevails and that you shouldn't weigh yourself immediatly after you've eaten. So when is the correct time to weight yourself and get a correct estimation of your natural bodyweight?

Any info would be much appreciated

AhahaaAHahha are you serious?? if you are think before YOU TYPE...

You can weigh yourself whenever the hell you want. It will fluctuate throughout the day so if you want to gauge weight gain or loss, weigh yourself at the same time of day every week or few weeks. If you're checking the scale on a daily basis, you're missing the point.

Out of curiosity....are you trying to lose or gain?

im taking stick here for reasons unknown to me. If you're not going to help, don't post.

This was a general question out of curiosity as to how to get an accurate reading of how much i weigh. There are instances where i hav found my weight to fluctute by around 5 or 6 pounds, plus and minus as a result of weighing myself at different times of the day, and this has been within the space of a couple of days.

Thanks to bacon for helping though!

Raging_Fists said:
im taking stick here for reasons unknown to me. If you're not going to help, don't post.

This was a general question out of curiosity as to how to get an accurate reading of how much i weigh. There are instances where i hav found my weight to fluctute by around 5 or 6 pounds, plus and minus as a result of weighing myself at different times of the day, and this has been within the space of a couple of days.

Thanks to bacon for helping though!

Don't put too much stock in you day to day weight fluctuations. Focus on long term goals.

BTW, I won't appologize for the actions of others, but if you're going to post here, expect to be flamed.

If I weigh, it is in the morning after I pee. This way, I know that my body is about as close to it's 'natural weight" as I can get it. Whatever. Weight doesn't matter that much as long as you're healthy.

I don't know what your goal is, but you should get your body fat tested. This is probably more important than your body weight.

Weigh yourself first thing in the morning and only once a week on the same day if possible.

I agree with needing to get your body fat tested. I plan on getting mine within the next week or so. I weigh around 200 and I'm 6 ft, so I'd like to know what my BF% is.

Weigh yourself about once a week preferbly 6 days after the morning of your 'cheat' day and btw how accurate are these new scales that tell you your bodyfat?

bacon said:
You can weigh yourself whenever the hell you want. It will fluctuate throughout the day so if you want to gauge weight gain or loss, weigh yourself at the same time of day every week or few weeks. If you're checking the scale on a daily basis, you're missing the point.

Out of curiosity....are you trying to lose or gain?
Perfect answer right here. Please don;t listen to all the :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s who can't respond with something intelligent. Enough of that shit and they will be carded or banned soon for their usless trolling.
Weigh yourself consistently at the same time every day or week or however often you choose. Morning seems to be the most accurate time for me.

I usually weigh myself first thing in the morning, once a week, right after I piss and have a good bowel movement. Hey......you asked!!!!!!!!

Back