• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weed is harder to quit than alcohol - Jon Jones

why not start smoking again ?

Pot makes me feel kind of wack these days. I just don't enjoy the buzz like I used to. I could probably get used to it again, but I don't really see the point. Plus I work in the trades and I like to keep my piss clean for future job opportunities.

I quit weed. had a little trouble sleeping for two days. I'm went through alcohol withdrawal after a month long bender, you Can't eat, sleep, walk right, paranoid, sweating, shaking like freak. And I would hilucinate to thr point I felt tormented. Seriously couldn't turn out the lights at night. Never again.

I know. Still a dumb thing to insist when it's addictive as fuck in general. The fact that there's nothing physically addicting in it doesn't really mean anything.

It does and it doesn't. It does mean that if you get addicted to something that isn't physically addictive, you are mentally weak.

But I think that has to be the definition. If it's not physically addictive, it means most people don't get addicted to it, so you shouldn't call it addictive.

Maybe Jon was referring to his own experience, which is what I gathered from that segment of the podcast.

Alcohol is harder to quit than weed, for many reasons. The only two drugs I've ever done were weed and alcohol, and weed was, by far, the easiest to quit.

Some people use weed as a crutch to help deal with stress, much like alcohol, but alcohol is usually easier to get, especially when there's a store on every corner selling it to any who are old enough to buy it.

Weed is one of those "drugs" one can indulge in from time to time, without needing more, or having an adverse effect on the body, when compared to alcohol. I smoked from a pipe, normally, so when I stopped smoking, I also stopped coughing up little black loogies in the morning, during my breathing exercises.

As an asthmatic, I was still able to smoke weed, however. Mostly stopped, because I didn't want a piss test to stand between me, and any job I want. Plus I save a few hundred a month, now.

Alcohol is addictive, will make you black out, become violent, destructive, and will wreck your body. Weed, not so much. It only makes you lazy and unmotivated, if you're a loser. Plus withdrawals are minimal, if not zero.

Weed is so innocuous, yet so potent compared to alcohol, that I hope to see in my lifetime weed not only be legalized, but for it to be taken off of the Schedule 1 drug list, and made relatively illegal to drug test for.

Truly legalizing weed would cut severely into the alcohol and pharmaceutical conglomerates, as well as the Prison-Industrial complex. We can't have that now, can we?...

All of a sudden I am imagining Jon Jones doing crack, shooting heroine and smoking crystal before every fight.

I felt like Joe asked him about quitting weed and Bones was like "Oh I'm supposed to say I quit *weed* as well? OK, better make some shit up..."

Seen a guy detox from alcohol in jail once, was cool the first night, they had him in padded cell by morning, serious hallucinations, jon never been a real boozer I guess.

I found it interesting that he didn't mention cocaine once. Though he did refer to "partying" several times.

He didn't say he was addicted, like his body hurt, and he went through withdraws. It was a way of life for him. He smoked daily, for years. It was a part of his life. Drinking was something he did for fun. Smoking was something he did literally several times a day.

200w.gif

Alcohol withdrawal is serious as fuck. I got hospitalized from a damn withdrawal. When you drink a lot for a period of time, your body becomes dependant on it. If you completely cut yourself off, it takes a toll on your body. In my case, it caused me to have a seizure and it caused damage to my internals.

That said, I never learned and I still get drunk as fuck but not as much as I used to. Weed is pussy shit in comparison. Jones is a can for thinking otherwise lmao.

Oh this must be good news to Conor fans to have hoped it could've killed a Conor hater, but guess what motherfucker, I'm here still.

hqdefault.jpg

he hasnt quit the alcohol, so how would he know.

Pot is harder to quit because unlike alcohol you never wake up in a pool of vomit and urine with a screaming headache wanting to die. That is always good motivation to quit drinking.

depending on level of psychological dependence weed may be harder to quit.

however, in addiction alcohol is a qualitatively different drug - in that it has serious, acute and long lasting physical and mental withdrawals, that often kill people in the cold turkey period.

alcohol and Valium are the most dangerous drugs to quit.
followed by heroin
followed by crack

heroin is especially dangerous in relapses, but crack and alcohol are also pretty bad.

and as usual, Jon is so full of shit its unreal

Agreed. Although a lot of people say "it's not addictive" when the argument of whether it should be legal or not is brought up. It probably shouldn't be illegal, but I still look down on people that smoke that shit non stop. Potheads that think they're geniuses when they smoke weed are insufferable, so are the people who enjoy it by sitting there and spacing out like retards.
thought you were all for personal freedom bro?

Joe asked him what was harder to quit and he said weed. I believe you get mentally addicted to it not so much physically but I don't even think alcohol causes withdrawal symptoms. But he said he felt better once he quit weed. Do you agree?
Rogan's a Pussy, he goes into a tirade everytime Dr Drew and weed addiction is brought up at least 5x on previous JRE's, but he lets jon jones slide, for reference.

Back