Wearing t-shirt under gi?

I've been wondering about this, so I'm glad I found this thread. I started judo, and the gi is tearing up my nipple. I know it sounds goffy, so I guess I'm ready to be flamed if you feel the need. But, it was to the point that I thouhgt it was going to start to bleed.

Anyway, to Soid, if you don't like Under Armour, what brand of rash guard do you use?

I actually like the tight fitting nike dry weave tshirts... they are tight like rash guards and breathe really well.

farmboy said:
I've been wondering about this, so I'm glad I found this thread. I started judo, and the gi is tearing up my nipple. I know it sounds goffy, so I guess I'm ready to be flamed if you feel the need. But, it was to the point that I thouhgt it was going to start to bleed.

Anyway, to Soid, if you don't like Under Armour, what brand of rash guard do you use?
Well I use the nike drifit ones, they do the job of keeping me feeling fresh and soak up all the sweat from my body. When I used UA in sophomore year of HS, it would easily break and in the summer I stopped using it because it would make me sweat and feel hot as hell rather than the opposite. www.xfgear.com makes good rashguards from what I hear on the forums.

I've done all three - no shirt, t-shirt, and rashguard and I like the rashguard the best. No shirt chafes big time and I don't like the t-shirt cause people can grab it. I like the rashguard because it's almost impossible to grab and while it gets sweaty the material almost seems to disperse it more evenly making it much more comfortable than the t.

DirectDrive said:
he puts his weight on me to stop me. putting his weight on me invoved his fat, sweaty belly smothering my face. it was so nasty i opened my guard and shimped out to pass my guard for him. i wish he had a shirt on under his gi.

amen! i hate when that shit happens, someone smothers you with their sweaty chest.:mad:

deadlift ryan said:
well the heating is fucked at my academy so we all wear jumpers and thermals under our gis

You're in Kent, it can't be that bad!

We don't have any heating where I train, and most people wear just the gi, or even just shorts and rash-guard (we're training a lot of no-gi atm due to competitions coming up).

The only thing I really don't like is the fact that my feet get so cold they go numb.

Back