Wealth of the Gracies?

pailum117

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I know it varies from Gracie to Gracie, but it made me curious when I saw the main page story about Ralph offering Roy Jones Junior 1million per minute to fight him. Ofcourse I don't believe that he would have actually paid him that much, it did make me wonder how much cash the family really has.

Anyone have any real knowledge of this?

Uhh, you might want to ask for more then 1 million. 1 million dollars isn't much these days...

Yea, one million dollars per minute of work is borderline poverty.

He'd probably tap him in 30 seconds, so he was really only offering a half mil :)

To answer your question, I have no idea at all.

I was quoting Austin Powers, chillax.

yeah, 1 millon dolares this days isnt much...

if you wanna have a freaking lamborgini, ferrari and a beach house in malibu... problably isnt much....

good for you if you are some weathly man, you are probably not even 0,0000000000000000000001% of the total population of the earth who has more than 1 million dollars...

Gracie Barra schools tend to be costly so I'd expect them to make good coin.

With how much they charge for instructional DVDs, I bet they make a pretty good living.

well you figure cesar has like 100+ students maybe even more who pay more than $100 a month. plus sponsorships and what he makes from his fighters..

You guys needs to think BIG like Rener and Ryron:

Gracie University Online:
Enrollment: 35,455 Students from 171 Countries.

I dunno, eating 30 pounds of fruit a day has to get expensive. Plus, those damn Champion Juicers are like 300 bucks.

30 pounds of fruit? dammit man! you couldn't teach you'd be in the bathroom all day...

Rich, aristocratic family even before they blew up.

isn't brazil a poor country??
ie everything is relativly cheap compared to australia/america/uk??

if they made 1 mil in any of those countries it would be worth 1 billion in their own country...

they have been a wealthy and established family in brazil for a long time

their family was active in politics i believe as well

isn't brazil a poor country??
ie everything is relativly cheap compared to australia/america/uk??

if they made 1 mil in any of those countries it would be worth 1 billion in their own country...
No, Brazil doesn't compare to the United States, but it isn't a poor country, it's not even a third world country.

Food and domestic products are cheaper than in the United States, but imported things, especially from the U.S. like shoes, clothing, etc. tend to be 2-3x the price.

Anyways, the Gracies lived in Barra Da Tijuca before they started teaching BJJ, which is the most expensive part of Rio.

Back