We will never know how good MVP could have been

Lima was a tournament fight, not really who or what he wanted. He wanted scrubs.

Coker said he wants to book him against Neiman Gracie next. That's actually a legit challenge, so lets see what happens.

I think he lacks self belief personally and all the over projection of confidence is a front.

LastingHugeAmericangoldfinch-max-1mb.gif

Early stoppage. Shame we didn't get Yamasaki instead of Yosemite Sam.

MVP is a beast, Lima caught him but MVP had him on skates before that.

MVP would've never been caught if he wasn't so quick to disrespectfully get up right in front of Lima. That's the kind of thing you see during squash matches, you get too used to fighting regional talent and then you make a mistake you haven't been properly punished for.

I think MVP is pretty underrated tbh, he's a very dangerous fighter but his best years are likely behind him.

he is about to be 34

he spent all of his prime years outclassing nobodies in Bellator

And it's not even like he was outclassing a bunch of nobodies à la Travis Fulton, prime MVP fought like 1 or 2 cans a year, and that's all.
Did he really need a full training camp to face one regional level dude?
At least had he fought 3 or 4 or even 5 cans a year, he could have accumulated valuable cage-time experience, and switched to better competition in his mid-20s.

Wait, calling his Bellator opponents cans is mean, but his pro-boxing opponents were definitely cans, guys with 1 win and a dozen losses...

It's infuriating because MVP obviously had potential, but year after year after year his numerous fanboys (before the bailed on him) were like "leave him more tiiiime, he's still young, he's learning, next year he'll fight some top tier opponents, let him have fun... or the year after... or the one after this one... and this one... and this one.... oh well he's 34 now, nevermind, Venom was never my friend."

It is a shame he didn't fight better opposition but that's what he wanted I guess. He'll never be remembered as even a top 50 WW for that reason, but at least he's made some money and has a good HL reel.

Waste of talent in my view but who gives a shit what I think

dude is the definition of a can crusher lol....seriously what the fuck was the point of the fight he had after Lima

MVP is a beast, Lima caught him but MVP had him on skates before that.

MVP would've never been caught if he wasn't so quick to disrespectfully get up right in front of Lima. That's the kind of thing you see during squash matches, you get too used to fighting regional talent and then you make a mistake you haven't been properly punished for.

I think MVP is pretty underrated tbh, he's a very dangerous fighter but his best years are likely behind him.

The way he fights I think there is always potential for a "freak" KO like Lima landed, I don't think that really shows you Lima was be favourite to land it again.

I know from that Lima fight that he was never going to be good enough. Belloltor fed him easy fights to bolster his resume and have him headline overseas cards that were bottom tier. His antics after his fights earned him that Lima knockout which is one of my favorite of all time.
I think he could do well against Lima if they fought again, Lima's style suits MVP. Dont know if he'd win but he could catch him. That strike that he got caught with he can avoid again, its not that hard to fix, its one of those grey areas where he got hit as he was coming back up from the ground

MVP would have probelms against the likes of Usman and Colby who are wrestle heavy

Obviously not that good. Guy barely beat Daley. The only thing interesting about him fighting real compeition is to watch him get humiliated just like he tries to do with the guys he faced.

You mean the 36 year old version of Paul Daley? Aint what he used to be. And it wasn’t a very impressive win either.
The fight was boring cause of Paul. It was impressive that MVP had a guy who wants nothing to do with wrestling keep trying to wrestle him

Yes we know, not good enough

MVP is legit he was tooling LIMA before his unfortunate slip

MVP will dance again

Back