• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

We owe Blockbuster video our appreciation.

I know I was introduced to UFC at a blockbuster video.

I assume most old school hardcores are the same. If not introduced you surely went to Blockbuster to gain your fix for violence.

View attachment 474181

Those were the good old days for sure.

So give a moment of silence for the all powerful blockbuster video. For if not for you many of us would have been deprived of the pure carnage we so badly needed in our lives.

You are not forgotten

"Special Interests" Bless

RIP

ufc.championship.I(1).the.beginning.vhs.s.2.JPG

Didn't blockbuster refuse to buy Netflix for 50 mil? Now its worth Billions. Fuck em.

They definitely put me on to ufc

I know I was introduced to UFC at a blockbuster video.

I assume most old school hardcores are the same. If not introduced you surely went to Blockbuster to gain your fix for violence.

View attachment 474181

Those were the good old days for sure.

So give a moment of silence for the all powerful blockbuster video. For if not for you many of us would have been deprived of the pure carnage we so badly needed in our lives.

You are not forgotten
there was nothing like renting scary movies after school on friday from blockbuster and knowing you had all weekend to watch em.

that was binge watching BEFORE netflix.

i know what you did last summer, scream 1 and 2. those were the days. before all this instagram and twitter bs

Never saw or rented UFC on Blockbuster.. but RIP just the same... MMA-Core bless.

They did a great job putting 98% of mom and pop video stores out of business.

Glad they're out of business themselves.

I got my entire collection of original round 5 figures from Blockbuster.

I watched 1-4 off a buddy that had a Blockbuster that actually carries them. He stacked two VCRs on top of each other and had 1-4 on one tape. It was the epic tape we all would borrow and pass around to buddies like, watch this shit.

Oh yeah. I scooped up like 20 events from the 3 for $20 pre-viewed racks. At the time that was several years worth of events.

My local Kroger had all the old UFC VHS tapes, helped me work backwards from Ultimate Brazil.

Nah fuck em some little short fat Mexican manager hired some blonde bimbo over me when I really needed the job when I was younger. Hope they're out of business completely.

I know right!

And you've been looking for work ever since.... fucking tragedy, that is.

This is where I discovered the UFC and MMA. I ended up working there when I was 16. Loved that place. 10 free rentals per week was the shit! I still remember my account number lol
I forgot my account numbers, but still remember the 5110AY26 coupon code.

Man when I saw this thread title I was like "What the hell? Why is anyone talking about Blockbuster Video?"

But man all the replied and stuff making me nostalgic as hell. From the local mom and pop video store 30+ years ago that we would rent movies from as kids to Blockbuster up until maybe 10 years ago or so.

All the streaming stuff is great now, but man there was nothing like strolling through those places and renting a shit ton of stuff when the weather was gonna suck all weekend. One of my favorite memories was one weekend we had huge blizzard incoming and I raced to Blockbuster that Friday night and rented seasons 2, 3, and 4of Dexter. I made it home minutes before it was whiteout condition. My wife and I spent the whole weekend snowed in, eating all the shitty food we try to avoid and watching one episode after another. Like someone else said, binge watching before that was a thing. Now I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and I think 1 or 2 other streaming services and I still have never even come close to binge watching like we did that weekend. 36 episodes.

I guess once you have kids can't really do that LOL.

"Special Interests" bless.

Still remember buying UFC 20 (Bas vs. Randleman) on VHS for $20.

Back