• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

We keep seeing lockdown on Sherdog. Khabib now using it. How many of you are going into work?

going by your stats. It’s not justifiable to destroy a countries economy and displaced millions of Americans jobs.

or is it?

World war 1 or 2. Or the Cuban missile crisis. Maybe everyone should just bunker down and be cowards?

life goes on. You have to be really young as you don’t understand how the media absolutely shapes your mind and forms your opinion.

you’ll see it sooner or later. Ad your going to be ok.

Your facts are shit. More people die from diabetes worldwide in a day. And you’ll shit yourself when you see the deaths of smokers.

but hey. Live in terror. There is no agenda. This is the deadliest virus unleashed on the world ever.
And the world should shut down.

and we should bow to the governments word of telling us what we should do.

Shit more elderly die from simple surgery from anesthesia than this shit.

you don’t destroy you’re entire economic system and 10 million peoples livlihood over mandatory government shutdowns.

it’s really scary people like you are so accepting to curfews and quarantines.

this country is beyond fucked. But I think scared guys like you are the minority but you have the loudest voices.

you can separate. Deaths. From a countries destruction.

Good Lord your a dumbass. A ) I'm not American. I don't give a fuck Bout your curfews and quarantines or whatever silly agendas you've made up in your head. .

B) I'm most definitely not young.

C) I'm a fucking smoker lol.

D) My facts aren't shit... They are facts. You stating more people die from other shit has no impact on the facts you fucking moron.

Facts are facts . You are a emotional idiot.

I don't live in terror but I do live in a world where FACTS and averages using mathematics can be applied to statistics.

Use your brain you're obviously being affected by the media you choose to view the world through.

I'm a manager at a grocery store so it's an endless cycle of craziness since this popped off

I have been working so far. I like it.

I truly believe if Khabib wanted to fight in the US he could. Private jet was already offered.

lol, where is the concrete info that this private jet was offered?

Some tweets?

I am not working. Already 3 weeks of paid leave which is great tbh. Also this should tell you that I am not an American, because paid leave doesn't exist in the richest country of the world.

<28>

Also, I hear NO is getting hit extra hard? The humidity and warmth probably doesn't help to stop transmission rates.

New Orleans? It is . It's on the list for the rest of the state, if you go to NOLA you aren't allowed in plenty of places . And because it's a city full of fucking morons. Still having social gatherings and street dances. Mardi Gras was one of the major reasons for the spread.

I am not working. Already 3 weeks of paid leave which is great tbh. Also this should tell you that I am not an American, because paid leave doesn't exist in the richest country of the world.

<28>

I hate to break it to you but yeah, plenty of places offer that.

you’re brainwashed. You shouldn’t destroy people livelihoods this over the overwhelming majority of deaths coming from the very old with underlying health conditions.

80k died in the us from the flu. Nobody batted an eye.

but you’re shutting down countries and letting governments tell you what you can’t or can’t do under the guise of safety.

it’s like 9/11. But a lot worse for the country.

9/11. We had goofs lije you who surrendered privacy and personal freedoms under the guise of protection from the government.

it’s an absolute farce. And you will see it in a month or two.
But there those who are healthy and died! Plus,no one wants to be 2-3 weeks out. Also why are the hospitals filled with people who can’t breath?

I saw Khabib's instagram post recently about how whole countries are in lockdown. Celebrities and famous sports athletes are in lockdown.

Khabib isn't the only one to talk about country lockdowns
but
What does that really mean?

I am making this thread while I am at work.

I haven't stopped working since the virus came into the media's sight.
I will continue to have to go to work.
Millions and millions of people still have to go into work, from country to country. Not work from home, but actually go into work.

People make it seem like no one is going into work, which is false.
I know many others personally that are still having to go into work.

I live in Wisconsin and work in a homeless shelter.
I still have to go into work just like my boss and co workers.
I go to the grocery store the same as normal and there are people working there.
I still go to the gas station to get things like normal.
Pizza is still being delivered to people's houses.
I have friends that are still going into work.

People act like the word lockdown means absolutely nothing is in operation. That isn't true.

If you don't want to fight and you fear for your safety then just keep it at that, but don't go about it like if you fight you'd be the only one going into work.
Working from home as are most of the people I know. Not everyone can, especially those delivering vital services. Respect to you all who are still having to go in.

I manage a sub shop down in Chesapeake Virginia and I go to work 50 hours a week.

The lab is bizzy these days :D

I live in a place hit not the worst, but 2nd in line... 24 hour grocery stores are now closed 7-8 hours a night... Most stores open an hour late and/or close early... I had surgery in Feb at one of the world's top hospitals and I only have followup IF I need my cast changed and for xrays and also for stitch removal...so less appointments. A lot has changed, but life is still going on to an extent.

I live in the real world. A million is so far fetched.. that was the point..

If not for attempting to lockdown, you could have reached a million.

Going to buddy's flu numbers, like 50 million people get the flu a year, if 50 million people caught this covid thing, we'd see a million deaths likely.

The US is seeing 30,000 new cases per day, and right now about 1,300 deaths a day from it, and only has 336,000 cases. Once we get even higher you will see a drastic spike. Right now it's about trying to flatten the curve as much as possibel to not overwhelm the medcial feilds.

I hate to break it to you but yeah, plenty of places offer that.

What is plenty? Don't try to tell me its the norm in the US. Its more the opposite I would say. Also, its not law and as a worker, you're not protected. Most jobs in the US have no paid sick leave, or maternity/paternity leave. Also, you're not guaranteed to still have a job when you can come back, which is insane. It looks like more people are afraid of the "cost" of falling ill, rather than the illness itself. And not just the cost as in hospital bills, but also the cost in terms of missing work and therefore pay, falling behind on bills, going bankrupt in extreme cases etc. I don't have to worry about these insane stuff. This is backwards af. We have a very good social safety net over here. But that is somehow communism in Murica, lol.

Last edited:
im working in office, but it's virtually empty. DHS defined essential to include health insurance companies, I'm in IT for one, and one if us has tho be on site for server support backup tapes, other disaster recovery related stuff.

im prob safer there, im literally the only person on one entire floor of a large building, and locked in an office in a data center. it's quite nice, peaceful

The ufc caused all of this. They told Khabib that the fight 100% wasnt happening in the usa. He wouldnt have flew to abu otherwise and we would have the real fight. I guess dana made the call thinking the United Arab kingdome would remain open. Bad call in retrospect, but he needs to man up and take the blame. As khabib gets the b.s. because he is in russia now. He fucking lives there..and was in the usa training until the ufc told him about the us not allowing the fight. Khabib is not scared, hes not ducking so people need to get a grip and start badmouthing the real person who's fault it is that we the fans do not get the fight we have been waiting for and looking forward to..dana..the pink goof

What is plenty? Don't try to tell me its the norm in the US. Its more the opposite I would say. Also, its not law and as a worker, you're not protected. Most jobs in the US have no paid sick leave, or maternity/paternity leave. Also, you're not guaranteed to still have a job when you can come back, which is insane. It looks like more people are afraid of the "cost" of falling ill, rather than the illness itself. And not just the cost as in hospital bills, but also the cost in terms of missing work and therefore pay, falling behind on bills, going bankrupt in extreme cases etc. I don't have to worry about these insane stuff. This is backwards af. We have a very good social safety net over here. But that is somehow communism in Murica, lol.

It's the absolute norm if you actually have skills. If you have no drive and want to work at McDonalds? Then yeah, good luck. If you have a degree, skills and/or experience in a valuable field, you can leverage that into PTO and benefits. You're comparing unskilled labor to skilled labor/services. I know plenty of health care workers, engineers, lawyers, etc who get time off and benefits.

im working in office, but it's virtually empty. DHS defined essential to include health insurance companies, I'm in IT for one, and one if us has tho be on site for server support backup tapes, other disaster recovery related stuff.

im prob safer there, im literally the only person on one entire floor of a large building, and locked in an office in a data center. it's quite nice, peaceful

Yup I work in IT too. Either I'm remote or I meet with one person, it's kinda nice.

Lucky enough to work Telehealth. Thank you to all the folks who are out there keeping the country going. You are appreciated.

Ok that make a bit more sense. I think we're a bit stricter here. Because my girlfriend, who is a therapist for autistic kids, is completely out of work as well.
Is she an RBT who does ABA? If you don’t mind Can you pm me what state you’re in. Different states’ rules are changing and she may be able to get back to work.

Is she an RBT who does ABA? If you don’t mind Can you pm me what state you’re in. Different states’ rules are changing and she may be able to get back to work.
I'll pm you

Back