WBC orders Zepeda vs Prograis for vacant 140 title

To me Rougarou is p4p material. That being said he’s not getting younger.

To me Rougarou is p4p material. That being said he’s not getting younger.

I think we both knew Prograis would be a bit too much for Zepeda, he's a bit too slick and has enough power.

Lots of great matches for both Prograis and Zepeda at 140. I was hoping Zepeda would somehow get the win and then fight Matias, but now i don't want Matias to shadow realm Zepeda straight after that last night.

I think we both knew Prograis would be a bit too much for Zepeda, he's a bit too slick and has enough power.

Lots of great matches for both Prograis and Zepeda at 140. I was hoping Zepeda would somehow get the win and then fight Matias, but now i don't want Matias to shadow realm Zepeda straight after that last night.

Yeah, as much as Zepeda vs Matias used to be promising on paper I certainly wouldn’t like to see a one-sided beating and Chon has been through wars. I hope Subriel gets a title shot soon enough.

Prograis says he's trying to be more humble nowadays but people want him to act cocky, and he gives Zepeda a lot of credit.

@ 4:13 Prograis says he's open to fight Ramirez if that's next, anyone that gives him a unification fight, the winner of Ryan-Tank, or the winner of Taylor-Catterall. Prograis definitely strikes me as "legacy" type of fighter who will fight anyone to advance him career.

prograis frustrates me.

he clearly has the talent, both physically and technically, but fighting with his hands down like he does will get him in trouble again. taylor was landing left hooks on him all night long and he didn't adjust to it, here 3 years later he was doing the same thing. i said it before, a guy like ramirez, who fights like a rabid dog, will get on an opening like that and wail away all 12 rounds.

credit where it's due, he put on a champion's performance by still going after it that late, when he was clearly ahead on the cards. the man has heart on top of everything else, but i honestly don't think he can adjust well. it will cost him.

prograis frustrates me.

he clearly has the talent, both physically and technically, but fighting with his hands down like he does will get him in trouble again. taylor was landing left hooks on him all night long and he didn't adjust to it, here 3 years later he was doing the same thing. i said it before, a guy like ramirez, who fights like a rabid dog, will get on an opening like that and wail away all 12 rounds.

credit where it's due, he put on a champion's performance by still going after it that late, when he was clearly ahead on the cards. the man has heart on top of everything else, but i honestly don't think he can adjust well. it will cost him.
He’s a dog and has the mindset he test power and walk guys down when he knows it’s safe, that and for all his skill still thinks he’s slicker than he is. It will be a fun career, Rougarou is tough as nails, but I agree he is in for a shock eventually and I don’t think he’s super young anymore

A lot of people expressed skepticism about the guy who won the purse bid to promote the fight. He has zero experience in boxing and doesn't even have a promoter's license.

The fact the WBC only requires proof of 10 percent of funds up front in escrow is ridiculous.

Prograis' promoter should've asked for more up front in escrow to protect him too.

https://www.boxingscene.com/backer-...tion-this-not-one-off-here-this-right--170729

Dylan Marer encountered even more skepticism than he was warned he’d need to endure after his group stunningly won a purse bid August 30 and earned the right to promote the Jose Zepeda-Regis Prograis 140-pound title fight.

The boxing industry is full of perpetual pessimists who’ve been burned by supposedly deep-pocketed players who enter this risky business with grand plans that typically don’t pan out. Marer – whose company, Legendz Entertainment, has partnered with promoter MarvNation on the Zepeda-Prograis event – has slowly but surely tried to convince them that he has the financial resources required to handle an event of this magnitude and that he intends to remain in the boxing business after his company produces Zepeda-Prograis on Saturday night at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.

“A lot of people were very skeptical as to whether we have the financial backing to do this or not,” Marer told BoxingScene.com. “They were worried because there are other companies out there, and I won’t mention any names, that have been stiffing a lot of people in the industry. And it’s horrible. But people have checked up on who I am, what my capabilities are and the relationships that I have in my side of the industry, and I think it’s opened up the doors. … I feel like the tide is turning through action.”

The Beverly Hills-based Marer has 35 years of experience in the event production and entertainment industries. One of his ventures, Legendz Entertainment, is handling the production aspect of a five-fight per-per-view show that’ll start at 9 p.m. ET and 6 p.m. PT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back