ways to train PC workout loading lower back.

I tweaked my back very mildly during soccer. I felt a small but sharp pain in my lower back as I tried to kick the ball across my body toward goal from an angle. After that event no pain whatsoever, either playing, walking, bending.

I had forgotten about it completely until 2 days later when I had lower back fatigue when lifting. The only reason I remembered was that I had logged it!

I deloaded that week (Volume Day: 3 x 5 at a lower weight rather than 5 x 5 at a higher weight, skipped RDLs. Intensity Day: Hit 5 reps on Squat at ~15% lower than my 5rm and skipped deadlifting altogether).

I'm unsure if my programming has accumulated this fatigue, perhaps resulting in the minor tweak during soccer, or if it is the other way around.

I ask because some people tend to limit lower back training, rather than train it more, when it's fatigued, or not recovering well. Which I think is a mistake - you want to develop the lower back, and it's work capacity.

However, since you're coming back from a mild injury, caution is warranted. Reverse hypers or "Hatfield back raises" could be good for some lower back work, since they support the waist while you train the lower back. Band GMs, starting very light, and progressing gradually could also be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back