wats the worst injury

thedoc56**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
youve seen happen in bjj class,or thats happened to you? Last week a dude lost three teeth in a collar choke. im sure u guys have way worse ones. lets hear

Uhh, I've had the bottom of my calfs scratched up by toe nails. Which isn't painful but really fucking gross.

Oh I guess this one time a guy dislocated his toe and he popped it back in himself and I was like "GAH WTF"

Yea I've been training for 3 months.

The worst I've seen happen happened to me. We were doing warm ups and doing a breakfall from squatting, and as I rolled back up to a squatting position, my right knee popped out of place and I collapsed on it. I grunted REALLY hard, grabbed my knee, straightened it, and popped that bitch back in place. I about passed out.

I proceeded with warm ups and it popped 3 more times. I decided to sit out and stretch my knee a bit, and as I was stretching it, it popped again. SO MUCH PAIN. So I had the chiropractor at my gym check it out. He told me to not train til I get it checked out.

Still waiting for an MRI after 2 months... Most likely a torn meniscus, that's what the ortho doc said.

The worst I've seen happen happened to me. We were doing warm ups and doing a breakfall from squatting, and as I rolled back up to a squatting position, my right knee popped out of place and I collapsed on it. I grunted REALLY hard, grabbed my knee, straightened it, and popped that bitch back in place. I about passed out.

I proceeded with warm ups and it popped 3 more times. I decided to sit out and stretch my knee a bit, and as I was stretching it, it popped again. SO MUCH PAIN. So I had the chiropractor at my gym check it out. He told me to not train til I get it checked out.

Still waiting for an MRI after 2 months... Most likely a torn meniscus, that's what the ortho doc said.

You've got balls. Is this the normal BJJ mentality? Play through the pain, even if its with a equivilant of a torn meniscus? I guess this'll really test me then.

Hope you get good news and a quick recovery.

You've got balls. Is this the normal BJJ mentality? Play through the pain, even if its with a equivilant of a torn meniscus? I guess this'll really test me then.

Hope you get good news and a quick recovery.

At first I didn't realize my knee popped, I thought I just torqued it weird and it moved a tiny bit and would be fine. After it happened again, I realized what was happening to my knee, so I tried putting it back in place thinking it might stay, but it just kept popping out.

I just finally got surgery for mine 3 days ago. It took 9 months because I was uninsured at the time. You might wanna start trying to strengthen your legs, it'll help stabilize the knee until you get it treated. After a month, of strengthening my leg I was able to get back on the mat. I used a heavy knee brace while training, and lots of ice after class. Anytime I'd felt the meniscus move, I'd instantly quit training to avoid the swelling that came with it moving. Not a doctor but it worked for me. Best of luck, bro!

Dislocated shoulder from being pressured in bottom half guard.

A guy's toe dislocated and he popped it back in which wasn't pleasant but fair enough but that's pretty much it. Everything else has just been velcro scratches and a black eye.

A guy's toe dislocated and he popped it back in which wasn't pleasant but fair enough but that's pretty much it. Everything else has just been velcro scratches and a black eye.

Uhh, I've had the bottom of my calfs scratched up by toe nails. Which isn't painful but really fucking gross.

Oh I guess this one time a guy dislocated his toe and he popped it back in himself and I was like "GAH WTF"

Yea I've been training for 3 months.

I dislocated my left big toe while drilling last Thursday. I came down hard on it and it hurt, looked down and bent it and saw it go from about a 45deg angle in towards my other foot back to normal. Me and my partner were like "WTF!" I babied it while drilling after that, then duct tape and adrenaline got me through rolling. Lost of ice this weekend and it feels pretty good. Still swollen, sore and black and blue, but I trained last night and whacked it a few times and it was no big deal.

Thank goodness because at first when it happened I thought I'd broken it.

I watched a guy at wrestling practice hit a power double and put another teams wrestler through the back of a bleacher set. I saw as a girl was slammed and dislocated her elbow. But me personally, I have taken a few headbutts that equal a broken nose, I tore my labrum (cartilage in your rotator cuff), deep bone bruise in my knee, concussions, pinched nerves in my neck. You know, the usual.

I hate hearin this shit, especially as our mats have a couple holes, the worst thing for me is not the injury its the waiting for it too happen, so thank you guys for putting these injuries in my head...............as they say IGNORANCE IS BLISS

Well, it's good that warmups help prevent injury. :rolleyes:

Seriously one of the most primitive parts of BJJ ... the "warmups."

Saw a guy bust his ACL getting thrown on Uchi mata

Saw someone blow a shoulder out trying to defend half guard against a bigger dude. I really hate it when big dudes just try and crush me now.

Tore my MCL during an open sparring session, and it took me 3 months before I could roll again

Worst I've seen was a bloody mouth..../shrug.

I've had bruises every class, couple of black eyes, and a bloody mouth once. I am riding a swollen knee at the moment waiting to see the doctor tomorrow to see what he tells me.

i have athletic pubalgia. it is by far the worst injury i have ever had. i have been in pain for over 3 months now. the weird thing is i got it after toning back training from 5-6 times a week of bjj to 2-3 due to moving. 2 of those classes were judo which i had'nt done in a couple of years.

I've been thinking about taking some judo classes to supplement the bjj, but, after reading these posts, I. thinking I'll just stick to the BJJ. I really value my ability to train

Back