Watching Bisping vs Rockhold 2 again

Look at this piss-poor striking technique, and the fucking abysmal footwork:

Typically when I see a post start off this way, I very sarcastically think "okay big guy, you tell 'em how it's done", but I'll be damned if you're not 100% correct.

CloseComplicatedGordonsetter.gif

Why throw a single jab with your whole body behind it with no intention to connect it to any kind of combo, AND just drop your hands afterwards?

Why would your hips be that far into your opponent's body after a punch? I could see if he was going for a body lock or something...

But nope. He clearly had no plan. He was so sure that he was gonna crush Bisping with that shitty punch, maybe?

The worst.

Can't argue with a single syllable.

im telling you these mma fighters dont know how to throw punch then when someone does they get koed

So happy that Bisping knocked Rockhold completely out cold stiff.

Lol for the first minute Luke didn't realize he was gonna lose. He wasn't really trying to throw anything but bisping was pressuring him too much. Luke realized he had to start throwing but Bisping ducked and dodged most of what Luke threw. And Bisping was landing most of what he threw.

My point is, if you go rewatch the fight, at about a minute in you can just see Luke get frustrated and you can tell he knew Bisping was waaay better than the last time. If this was the U.G. I'd be using more colorful language but I'll refrain.
No, rewatch it again, No one notices, but i did.

Luke does a double hop forward to "reset" himself after every encounter. Bisping was trying to time this "reset" the entire time. When he did, that's when Luke got cracked.

Luke's stupid tells are as big as his dumb ego.

Trust me, once you see that double hop forward "reset", you'll be amazed how Luke lasted so long fighting.

Lol for the first minute Luke didn't realize he was gonna lose. He wasn't really trying to throw anything but bisping was pressuring him too much. Luke realized he had to start throwing but Bisping ducked and dodged most of what Luke threw. And Bisping was landing most of what he threw.

My point is, if you go rewatch the fight, at about a minute in you can just see Luke get frustrated and you can tell he knew Bisping was waaay better than the last time. If this was the U.G. I'd be using more colorful language but I'll refrain.
I noticed the second time through just how much Bisping was landing as well... One thing I did catch live was that Bisping was super focused and deliberate while Luke was trying to clown him. And I was thinking his clowning looked like a terribly masked frustration... And then he went nie nie.

I never really say things like this, but man...

Rockhold was REALLY looking past Bisping in that fight. ZERO respect for Bisping and he paid the price for it.

Glad Rockhold got that humble pie.

Look at this piss-poor striking technique, and the fucking abysmal footwork:

CloseComplicatedGordonsetter.gif

Why throw a single jab with your whole body behind it with no intention to connect it to any kind of combo, AND just drop your hands afterwards?

Why would your hips be that far into your opponent's body after a punch? I could see if he was going for a body lock or something...

But nope. He clearly had no plan. He was so sure that he was gonna crush Bisping with that shitty punch, maybe?

The worst.

He seemed like he just didn't take Bisping seriously. It also looked to me like he slipped a few inches too far forward after missing that jab. Bad mistake, but I don't think it's because he can't fight better - he just f*cked up.

He seemed like he just didn't take Bisping seriously. It also looked to me like he slipped a few inches too far forward after missing that jab. Bad mistake, but I don't think it's because he can't fight better - he just f*cked up.
I'm not saying that he can't fight better. I'm just saying that either his training is fucking horrible, he has terrible fight IQ, or he didn't care about winning this fight.

One of those three (or all of them) coupled with a total disrespect for Bisping's skills.

He didn't "just f*ck up."

He did everything wrong.

I'm not saying that he can't fight better. I'm just saying that either his training is fucking horrible, he has terrible fight IQ, or he didn't care about winning this fight.

One of those three (or all of them) coupled with a total disrespect for Bisping's skills.

He didn't "just f*ck up."

He did everything wrong.

Have you never gone into a sparring session and been a bit off or taken things lightly, made a couple of mistakes you wouldn't normally made and paid the price? It's certainly happened to me and that's what this fight looked like. The slew of champs getting dethroned in this fashion lately just goes to show that no matter how good a fighter you are, you gotta have the right attitude going in - and that's what Rockhold didn't have in this fight.

Rockhold outclassed him in the 1st fight. So while the arrogance is oft putting, it had a legitimate basis. People shitting on Rockhold shouldn't be happy for an bigger, arrogant POS like Bisping; that makes no sense.

Have you never gone into a sparring session and been a bit off or taken things lightly, made a couple of mistakes you wouldn't normally made and paid the price? It's certainly happened to me and that's what this fight looked like. The slew of champs getting dethroned in this fashion lately just goes to show that no matter how good a fighter you are, you gotta have the right attitude going in - and that's what Rockhold didn't have in this fight.

He could also do the most basic things right. Like bringing your fist back to your face after a punch. That's literally the most basic level of skill.

Take another look at that punch and what he does with his hand after it lands.

I agree with you about his attitude, but a change in attitude doesn't change that technique.

Back