Watching and ranking every Bond: No time to die (review)

Watched live and let die. I really enjoyed it. Thought moore was different but brought his own thing to the role. Memorable characters and a great villain. It delves into blaxploitation stuff and adds more fantastical elements than the previous installments. Also has by far the best villain death in the series. New rankings:

8. Dr. No
7. Thunderball
6. Diamonds are forever
5. Goldfinger
4. From Russia with love
3. Live and let die
2. You only live twice
1. On her majesties secret service

Last edited:
Watched the man with the golden gun.

This movie is maybe a few changes away from being one of my favorite ones. It is definitely the most bonkers and campy one so far. But I like that shit. The villain is great, scaramanga. The golden gun is pretty cool. And honestly so far even the connery ones are campy. There are hilarious scenes in it. However it feels a little all over the place, especially in the middle portion. The editing doesnt flow well. Also it seemed like they were trying to make Moore's bond more like connerys bond especially in the first half of the film. In the second half you get the live and let die style bond, which is great but it makes the character feel a little uneven. As if moore is simultaneously trying to do his own thing he did in live and let die while also trying to satisfy connery purists. The hall of mirror james bond wax figure scene in the beginning is hilarious. Hes literally trying to balance and you can see him move.

New rankings

9. Dr. No
8. Thunderball
7. Diamonds are forever
6. The man with the golden gun
5. Goldfinger
4. From Russia with love
3. Live and let die
2. You only live twice
1. On her majesties secret service.

Last edited:
Watched the man with the golden gun.

This movie is maybe a few changes away from being one of my favorite ones. It is definitely the most bonkers and campy one so far. But I like that shit. The villain is great, scaramanga. The golden gun is pretty cool. And honestly so far even the connery ones are campy. There are hilarious scenes in it. However it feels a little all over the place, especially in the middle portion. The editing doesnt flow well. Also it seemed like they were trying to make Moore's bond more like connerys bond especially in the first half of the film. In the second half you get the live and let die style bond, which is great but it makes the character feel a little uneven. As if moore is simultaneously trying to do his own thing he did in live and let die while also trying to satisfy connery purists. The hall of mirror james bond wax figure scene in the beggining is hilarious. Hes literally trying to balance and you can see him move.

New rankings

9. Dr. No
8. Thunderball
7. Diamonds are forever
6. The man with the golden gun
5. Goldfinger
4. From Russia with love
3. Live and let die
2. You only live twice
1. On her majesties secret service.
I remember seeing this movie lol

You didnt like this one? Its pretty nuts.

it’s a mediocre one as far as I’m concerned, for the reasons that you indicated. Glad you enjoyed it though. At the very least it has the awesomeness of Christopher Lee being a Bond villain.

really enjoy that opening song too. Also, Live and Let Die has to be one of the coolest Bond songs ever.

it’s a mediocre one as far as I’m concerned, for the reasons that you indicated. Glad you enjoyed it though. At the very least it has the awesomeness of Christopher Lee being a Bond villain.

really enjoy that opening song too. Also, Live and Let Die has to be one of the coolest Bond songs ever.

I forgot to mention live and let die is the best song so far. Even though I've heard it a billion times.

Watched on her majesties secret service. So far clearly the best one imo. Thought lazenby did fine although he definitely lacks the charisma of connery. Good action scenes. I was a little confused as to how blofeld didnt recognize bond. Like the fuzzy sounding score too.

Right now not counting Craig films I rank them.

6. Dr. No
5. Thunderball
4. Goldfinger
3. From Russia with love
2. You only live twice
1. on her majesties secret service

Next is connerys return in diamonds are forever.
OHMSS is one of my favorite Bond movies. Lazenby was a good Bond. One of the best, actually. Also, Telly Savalas was great in that one as the villain. I still crack up when I watch that movie and it gets to the parts where he brainwashes that girl to "love chickens." I have always argued that OHMSS was one of the better Bond movies, but most people didn't/don't feel that way. I like Dalton also because of his darker side and more serious take. Craig was good for similar reasons. Also, I wanted to point out how hilariously bad the one is when they turn Bond into an Asian dude with plastic surgery, etc. LOL.

OHMSS is one of my favorite Bond movies. Lazenby was a good Bond. One of the best, actually. Also, Telly Savalas was great in that one as the villain. I still crack up when I watch that movie and it gets to the parts where he brainwashes that girl to "love chickens." I have always argued that OHMSS was one of the better Bond movies, but most people didn't/don't feel that way. I like Dalton also because of his darker side and more serious take. Craig was good for similar reasons. Also, I wanted to point out how hilariously bad the one is when they turn Bond into an Asian dude with plastic surgery, etc. LOL.

That's you only live twice lol. I liked that one but that part is hilariously dated

Watched the spy who loved me. Definitely an improvement over golden gun. Did away with the more campy stuff and was a more streamlined and fine tuned movie. Though it's definitely not the "grittiest".

One of the best written since on her majesties secret service. Had a little of everything. Some surprisingly good shots too. Loved jaws. This one contends. Had fun. I left wondering if this had an influence on raiders of the lost arc.

New rankings

10. Dr. No
9. Thunderball
8. Diamonds are forever
7. The man with the golden gun
6. Goldfinger
5. From Russia with love
4. Live and let die
3. You only live twice
2. On her majesties secret service.
1. The spy who loved me.

Next is moonraker

Watched moonraker. Interesting one. Was a lot goofier than spy who loved me and there was some choppy editing in spots. I'm not sure what to make of what they did with Jaws's character. There are some great scenes though. The skydiving scene in the beginning and the cable car scene as well. I was entertained.

New rankings

11. Dr. No
10. Thunderball
9. Diamonds are forever.
8. The man with the golden gun.
7. Moonraker
6. Goldfinger
5. From Russia with love
4. Live and let die
3. You only live twice
2. On her majesties secret service
1. The spy who loved me.

Next is for your eyes only

For your eyes only

Hmm what to say about this one. From all technical aspects it's a better movie than moonraker and man with a golden gun. It has some cool callbacks to on her majesties secret service, and is clearly trying to reel back from the goofier elements of the previous mentioned...but....I found it to be slightly boring. Cant explain why exactly. It's got a decent story and some nail biting action scenes. But I just didn't have as much fun watching it as I thought I would.

New rankings

12. Dr. No
11. Thunderball
10. For your eyes only
9. Diamonds are forever
8. The man with the golden gun
7. Moonraker
6. Goldfinger
5.from Russia with love
4. Live and let die
3. You only live twice
2. On her majesties secret service
1. The spy who loved me.

Next is octopussy

For Your Eyes Only was my first Bond that I really watched as a kid and it's fucking fantastic.

Its not a terrible movie. Just didnt work for me as much as some of the others. I also didnt get the intro with blofeld.

Back