Watched Women's Rugby in the Olympics

Hahah, hell yes it still goes down and its still pretty aggressive. Part of one of the only winning Eng Sci Teams

But i still think a lot of DB's, WR's and RB's would be dynamite at 7's - after they gain a bit more slow and sprint cardio.

Thankfully they haven't fucked up everything that is good about life!

Ummm - yes. Bo Jackson on the Wing would have been a monster.

Likewise I think I lot of rugby centres, wings and full backs could be great at those positions in american football. The big difference is the tactics/playbook in american football, it's ridiculously specialized compared to rugby and that'd probably be the biggest sticking point. Learning all the different plays and how to read the offenses/defences is way different than most sports.

Jarryd Hayne played 8 games for the 49'ers - had 53 yards on 17 carries. Not bad for someone making a transition into a new sport.

Jarryd Hayne played 8 games for the 49'ers - had 53 yards on 17 carries. Not bad for someone making a transition into a new sport.

Yeah and I think if he had some way to learn the sport while playing regularly, like a lower tier league as I said he'd have done well eventually. But the guy was a superstar in the NRL, so you can understand why he wouldn't want to be stuck on the practice squad and not even be playing at all.

He had a few good plays, even if it was just pre-season:

giphy.gif

You could see Bo Jackson being a Jonah Lomu, Nemani Nadolo, Julian Savea sort of winger. But then a guy that freakish would probably be good at any sport he played.

The Ye Olde was, is and forever will be the best part of Godiva

Although a standing Rear Naked Choke may go against the rules these days.

Deion Sanders would've been a beast in 7's

The Ye Olde was, is and forever will be the best part of Godiva

Although a standing Rear Naked Choke may go against the rules these days.

Deion Sanders would've been a beast in 7's

What the hell are you guys talking about lol. It's like you are talking in code.

What the hell are you guys talking about lol. It's like you are talking in code.

We went to the same university and faculty. We are talking about a 100 yr old chariot race (between the different departments) that looks something like a cross between Rugby and Mad Max.

300px-Chariotrace.jpg

timecapsule-300x218.jpg

haha.

A chariot race. It is an annual tradition event among the various Engineering branches / departments at our old Alma Mater

Basically, form a team, build a single person chariot and have a full contact race around part of the campus.

haha.

A chariot race. It is an annual tradition event among the various Engineering branches / departments at our old Alma Mater

Basically, form a team, build a single person chariot and have a full contact race around part of the campus.

That sounds class.

haha.

I'll only add that in my time, it was common to get bloodied up at least a couple of people were run over by chariots.

I'll only add that in my time, it was common to get bloodied up at least a couple of people were run over by chariots.

Chipped 2 teeth in 2nd year. The violence hasn't succumbed to the soft modern student wave. Although the stories from the 50's when it was a Campus wide event were pretty wild.

We should add it takes place during winter in Toronto. Slick conditions and hard ground.

Chipped 2 teeth in 2nd year. The violence hasn't succumbed to the soft modern student wave. Although the stories from the 50's when it was a Campus wide event were pretty wild.

We should add it takes place during winter in Toronto. Slick conditions and hard ground.

Yup either you are covered in mud or the ground is rock hard frozen. Nothing like being tackled and slammed into the frozen tundra of King's college circle!

Yup either you are covered in mud or the ground is rock hard frozen. Nothing like being tackled and slammed into the frozen tundra of King's college circle!

lose your front teeth on front campus.

Chipped 2 teeth in 2nd year.

These are the kind of memories that money just can't buy. Only a pint of blood a broken bone, a concussion or a couple of lost teeth can pay for these valuable memories.

These are the kind of memories that money just can't buy. Only a pint of blood a broken bone, a concussion or a couple of lost teeth can pay for these valuable memories.

That is the god honest truth right there.

Back