Watch New Corvette be Revealed Tonight(Link inside)No Spoiler

Yes, it is a big change. Just stating a preference. I prefer mid-engine sports cars. Can I say that here?

I have owned a bunch of 911's. Turbos more recently. Obviously, I like 'em, but I have wished for years that Porsche would make it a middie.

Though I appreciate it for what it is and what it can do, I can't ever see myself in a 'Vette. Or a Viper.

sounds like you like he vette though, however i wish they made it a split window

Split windows look nice, but that's all they're good for.

sounds like you like he vette though, however i wish they made it a split window

I appreciate it more than I like it. The performance is impressive and in or beyond the league of cars many times it's price, but its body styling and interior always leave me disappointed - like they didn't go as far as they did w/ the engine, etc.

My dad had a '67 Stingray (427/435), which I loved. Wish it were mine now. Was a workout to drive - no power steering, big Hurst shifter you had to slam, calf-inflating clutch pedal, hard suspension, voracious engine note..... Talk about an old school man's car!

Nonetheless, I have owned some fast exotic cars, but never a 'Vette. And, though, I can't see myself in one, I know what's under that bonnet and would never sneer at someone who drives one. Kinda like the Caddy CTS. Respect. And value.

Not sure if I like the new look, but I like it more than prior models. The general body shape from the side is not far off that of the 599, which ain't bad - and the flat/wide flaired rear fender decks are reminiscent of the Testarossa. Need to see it on the street a few times, though, before final judgement.

Last edited:
The rear end is horrid on them, it may be functional but damn it's atrocious. I'm not a fan of the body line on the lower part of the doors, that piece that sticks out.
Anyone know if they're changing engines or sticking with the push rod V8?

I lover it, looks like a devil hell bent on raping overpriced Euro queens "supercars"

You must be a pro

Never claimed to be a pro.

But driving a sports car is all about the feel of driving, being in tune with the car. A lot new sports cars are taking that away.

Electronic rev matching? Shit is lame. Rev-matching on downshift is a skill that takes a thorough knowledge and feel for your vehicle. Now it's done for you?

Sorry. Not a fan.

Awesome just awesome.

They fucked the back end though.

I love the car show every year. Can't wait to see this in person.

Back