Watch New Corvette be Revealed Tonight(Link inside)No Spoiler

Saw the spoiler pics in another forum. Definitely like what I see now.

$50k segment is going to be real interesting when this drops.

Not gonna lie. Looks ugly as balls.

And active electronic rev matching sounds lame. Can you turn it off?

They're making these sports cars "easier" to drive, which sucks for the few pure drivers left out there.

Front looks good, interior looks good, dropped the ball when they got to the back.

Not gonna lie. Looks ugly as balls.

And active electronic rev matching sounds lame. Can you turn it off?

They're making these sports cars "easier" to drive, which sucks for the few pure drivers left out there.[/QUOTE
Nissans is supposedly very good and shocked even mags like car and driver that usually crap on features like that. But I would think it would be disabled if you want.

Shifting is badass. Out with the old, in with the new

Shifting is badass. Out with the old, in with the new

Take more feel out of actually driving the car so "new drivers can drive like pros"?

Fuck outta here with that shit.

The new 'Vette has no spoiler? :wink:

Seriously wish they would just go ahead and mid-engine that thing and get rid of that long front end.

The new 'Vette has no spoiler? :wink:

Seriously wish they would just go ahead and mid-engine that thing and get rid of that long front end.

Mother of God no. Then it wouldn't be a 'Vette, no matter what badging they put on it. That's the equivalent of saying "Hey, lets just get out the V8 and stick a straight 6 in there!"

Same deal with the Viper in terms of it being an actual Viper. Long nose, short tail, wailing V10. Without those pieces intact, you have no Viper.

Nice car to bad they take the rear end from a Camaro?

8377540569_470fa22d3b_o.jpg

I like the new C7. It looks badass except for the Camaro style tail lights.

Mother of God no. Then it wouldn't be a 'Vette, no matter what badging they put on it. That's the equivalent of saying "Hey, lets just get out the V8 and stick a straight 6 in there!"

Same deal with the Viper in terms of it being an actual Viper. Long nose, short tail, wailing V10. Without those pieces intact, you have no Viper.

No, not nearly the same. But, those are your words, not mine.

You can fit a V8 in a mid-engine layout. You can fit a nice flat 12 back there, too!

The new 'Vette looks nothing like the old Stingray. Hasn't for decades. Traditionalists griped about change then, too. Porschephiles do the same w/ every little tweak to the 911 series.

Nothing wrong w/ change, especially when the look gets tired.

Big difference between changing the looks, and changing the layout. The latter results in a completely different car. Even though the rear engine layout is long thought outdated, Porsche still keeps with it and improving it, because it wouldn't be a 911 otherwise. Same with the Corvette.

Big difference between changing the looks, and changing the layout. The latter results in a completely different car. Even though the rear engine layout is long thought outdated, Porsche still keeps with it and improving it, because it wouldn't be a 911 otherwise. Same with the Corvette.

Yes, it is a big change. Just stating a preference. I prefer mid-engine sports cars. Can I say that here?

I have owned a bunch of 911's. Turbos more recently. Obviously, I like 'em, but I have wished for years that Porsche would make it a middie.

Though I appreciate it for what it is and what it can do, I can't ever see myself in a 'Vette. Or a Viper.

Back