Watch closely til the end

I don't ever support walking upon a situation out of context and curb stomping people. Knock him off and tell him to fuck off, but repeated kicks to the head of a stranger like how do you even know what you're walking into

I don't ever support walking upon a situation out of context and curb stomping people. Knock him off and tell him to fuck off, but repeated kicks to the head of a stranger like how do you even know what you're walking into
For all we know this woman was a pickpocket. For all we know she assaulted his child. One knows nothing who watches the clip, and nothing else. It seems more likely it's someone he knows, possibly even his mother, and there is more to this. It doesn't mean he isn't an asshole or in the wrong, but one has no clue. It's possible someone has dug this up in online discussion, but information distributed online is almost always spurious, and not to be trusted.

Don't let your emotions cloud your awareness. You even have the advantage looking on from a computer of being coldly introduced to it all, and not being forced to make a decision in the moment. There's no pressure. Yet still most who see this clip will react with blind rage. You can already see that.

He was drunk.... and he didnt hit him really hard. Did you see the vid til the end by the way? You realize what the other fcker have done? (and would have done)

For all we know this woman was a pickpocket. For all we know she assaulted his child. One knows nothing who watches the clip, and nothing else. It seems more likely it's someone he knows, possibly even his mother, and there is more to this. It doesn't mean he isn't an asshole or in the wrong, but one has no clue. It's possible someone has dug this up in online discussion, but information distributed online is almost always spurious, and not to be trusted.

Don't let your emotions cloud your awareness. You even have the advantage looking on from a computer of being coldly introduced to it all, and not being forced to make a decision in the moment. There's no pressure. Yet still most who see this clip will react with blind rage. You can already see that.

Even if she is a mean cunt who did something awful, she's still a frail old woman getting roughed up by a young guy.
Kicks were warranted.

391.gif

on instinct, the lady was a million years old, I think I'm going to pity the lady, safer bet.

I get that other narratives exist, for all we know, the dude getting kicked might have had a mental disorder, like you said, she could be a molester, robber, etc. Probably not, and probably doesnt warrant the beatdown she got.... probably.

on instinct, the lady was a million years old, I think I'm going to pity the lady, safer bet.

I get that other narratives exist, for all we know, the dude getting kicked might have had a mental disorder, like you said, she could be a molester, robber, etc. Probably not, and probably doesnt warrant the beatdown she got.... probably.
I'm fine with probably. I'm not going to risk brain damaging a stranger over probably.

There's a reason we came up with the idea of due process.

I'm fine with probably. I'm not going to risk brain damaging a stranger over probably.

There's a reason we came up with the idea of due process.
apparently, this story was covered based on the reddit comments

"Police said the man began to beat the grandmother because he went to the wrong block of flats and when the old lady answered the door after he knocked, he thought she was an intruder."

the old lady got beat the fuck up, lost some teeth, broken ribs, dislocated arm

the "hero" got fined <45>

and from the sounds of it, the guy beating her must have been intoxicated, because you dont beat an old lady because you thought she robbed your home, which wasnt your home........ basic assessment skills were not available.....

a bit scarce on the details beyond that

No, there are potential narratives leading up to this where I wouldn't pity her. You, too.
No idea what you mean by "you, too"

I don't trust a man who wouldn't intervene when grandma is getting brutalized. If it was your grandmother then you would change your tune on the whole 'stand there with my hands in my pockets because granny might've deserved it' stance. Unless you hate your grandma.

No idea what you mean by "you, too"

I don't trust a man who wouldn't intervene when grandma is getting brutalized. If it was your grandmother then you would change your tune on the whole 'stand there with my hands in my pockets because granny might've deserved it' stance. Unless you hate your grandma.
You're not a careful reader. That isn't what the first insightful poster said-- the one I quoted. He didn't advocate for non-intervention. He said this:
I've known plenty of ghouls. Yes, one notices fewer old women among the homeless communities, it's too hard a life, but some are still there. Methed out hobos who wander the streets. Sometimes those people randomly lash out. They're erratic, irrational, unpredictable, and sometimes violent.

Walking into a situation like this you have no idea what led to it. Maybe the old woman being victimized just brutally attacked this man's child not far away, and he chased her down, here. You don't know. It may not be the likely cause, but you simply don't know.

Again, there's a reason civilized societies center their justice systems around the concept of due process.

You're not a careful reader. That isn't what the first insightful poster said-- the one I quoted. He didn't advocate for non-intervention. He said this:

I've known plenty of ghouls. Yes, one notices fewer old women among the homeless communities, it's too hard a life, but some are still there. Methed out hobos who wander the streets. Sometimes those people randomly lash out. They're erratic, irrational, unpredictable, and sometimes violent.

Walking into a situation like this you have no idea what led to it. Maybe the old woman being victimized just brutally attacked this man's child not far away, and he chased her down, here. You don't know. It may not be the likely cause, but you simply don't know.

Again, there's a reason civilized societies center their justice systems around the concept of due process.
I read your reply. Guy going on the attack exposed himself to the risk of retaliation. Even if she did something heinous. Same goes for the kicker here. Violence often begets more violence. In this particular situation, those kicks were warranted.

Leave granny alone

IMG_20240216_204342.gif

I read your reply. Guy going on the attack exposed himself to the risk of retaliation. Even if she did something heinous. Same goes for the kicker here. Violence often begets more violence. In this particular situation, those kicks were warranted.

Leave granny alone

View attachment 1029853
This isn't a rebuttal. Just a conditional excuse.

You should stop coming up with excuses to justify hurting grandma.
The fact that you must resort to assigning a false position to me demonstrates that you aren't in control of your emotions.

Stop letting your emotions cloud your judgement. Toughen up.

The fact that you must resort to assigning a false position to me demonstrates that you aren't in control of your emotions.

Stop letting your emotions cloud your judgement. Toughen up.
Stop looking for ways to justify hitting grandma.

You're crying about kicking a man who is attacking grandma. Violence begets violence, justified or not. Get ahold of yourself. Good grief

Stop looking for ways to justify hitting grandma.

You're crying about kicking a man who is attacking grandma. Violence begets violence, justified or not. Get ahold of yourself. Good grief
See, this is exactly what I mean. Stop pretending that you're concerned with doing what's right. You are unconcerned with developing a mindset for approaching these situations if you encountered them in your own life with that goal.

You saw footage, you were emotionally perturbed, like a woke vegan watching a nature video, and you became bloodthirsty. So the footage satisfied you. This is precisely the instinctual reaction that civilized society aims to suppress for the benefit of all; so that we aren't ruled by pitchforks.

See, this is exactly what I mean. Stop pretending that you're concerned with doing what's right. You are unconcerned with developing a mindset for approaching these situations if you encountered them in your own life with that goal.

You saw footage, you were emotionally perturbed, like a woke vegan watching a nature video, and you became bloodthirsty. So the footage satisfied you. This is precisely the instinctual reaction that civilized society aims to suppress for the benefit of all; so that we aren't ruled by pitchforks.
Hey, the pitchfork gets put away when people stop being philistines and grinding grannies cheeks into meat loaf and bone meal on the hard ground.

Sir, is this you?

Back