Wasting Jorge & Conor's shine

I agree they should of matched Masvidal vs Conor. It would be massive PPV's. But I think they believe it's too much risk for Conor to lose that fight. However if Masvidal wins, he'll just become even a bigger star.

And could very well be in the Conor level if he beats him. So I don't know why UFC is hesitant to make that fight. I guess they want Conor to be champion somehow or someway. That's their definite meal ticket.

Having conor sit till the end of the year waiting on khabib makes zero sense. Booking him against jorge probably the most logical. So conor sits and Jorge gets wasted on Usman. Although those outcomes are inevitable the UFC lost golden opportunity to milk these guys further and deliver high entertainment.

In both fights (Conor v khabib/jorge v marty) the champ will come in as a ridiculous favorite and should. Is anyone legitimately excited for either fight outside of Dana or haters that just want to watch those guys get pummeled? Barring a tony victory, to which conor would still be the underdog, there's zero heat having him fight a person who soundly beat him.

So while the iron is scalding hot for both guys you've got a golden opportunity to book them against each other. There's little fall out either way. Conor wins versus jorge then he appears more legitimate and people take the rematch between him and beeb more seriously. Conor loses? Book him against another big name gatekeeper (Pettis, Barboza, Nate) and build him up again. Jorge wins and more eyes than ever are on him and the fight with Usman reaches fever pitch, even though he'd still be a massive underdog. Jorge loses and just book him against nate again or nick if either seriously want to fight again.

All in all, it just seems like a big waste not booking that fight considering both guys are ready to go and it wouldn't really disrupt the champ timeline in either division ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Why so salty? If jorge wins your inevitable dream match becomes that much bigger. Besides if you're truly fans of either guy you would want to see them compete with and beat the best guys, right? Hence why jorge vs usman makes sense to me at least. You're speaking like us man's victory is a foregone conclusion, which it high key is, but as a jorge fan you should have a little more faith in him. Besides all this star power bs... IF either guy loses the dream match is still huge. They both have big mouths and flash exciting fighting styles it'll sell like Crack. Jorge vs usman is the right call. Enough with the side shows. Jorge wipes the floor with Conor anyway. It's time to actually test jorge's skills. I'm super pumped to see who actually wins. And how kamaru will deal with jorge's striking and how jorge deals with kamaru's wrestling. It's an exciting high level match... I still think usman wins tho.

UFC is using an angle here.

Conor and Dana are saying two different things here

Conor:I am not gonna wait,i wanna fight 3 times this yr,i said gimme a date and i dont care who it is.

Dana:Its def conor vs khabib next (despite the fact that even if Khabib wanted it,itll be quite awhile)

Conor doesn’t have to sit out. He should take a fight with gaethje.

Khabib vs Conor 2 will make more than any other combination combined. That is why UFC is waiting on the rematch. Masvidal s Usman will reveal what Masvidal's draw is. Other than the record knock out, he has nothing to sell for the casuals.

I think it is just to be safe. Have the big money fight and have Conor wait to get a rematch vs Khabib or Tony if he wins. Have him fight for the title. Having Conor fight Jorge, while a big fight, if he lost it would ruin the buzz.

The UFC just does everything to make as much money as possible. It is prize fighting more than it is a real sport in that regard.

I think the UFC thinks that is the way to make the most money. I am not sure I agree with that, but it is what it is.
At least av McNuggets starch a Geathje in meantime then, eh?

Back