wasn't Wand and Vitor suspending for non fight drug tests?

Automatic Man

Die like a champion, ya hey!
@Brown
Reaction score
Those tests were well before the actual fights. Vitor got six months and wand got a freaking lifetime ban okay he did duck the test but now everyones coming out the woodwork decreeing that non fight drug tests dont matter for some reason? like any employer saying "well he passed the drug test to get the job, so lets let him slide on this random piss test". This is a sham. And i love drugs. But the penalties for other fighters especially Pat Healy means that goibg to rehabs not going to cut it. Let him keep the title but fine & suspend him at least. A NC would be a bit much thats always been rediculous but if it happenned to other fighters it should happen to Jones.

these are the rules of the ac.

Coke and weed is not banned out of competition, while steroids, etc are banned in and out of competition.

They're following the rules that were set in place LONG before Jones got popped - and you're mad about that?

I'm glad the AC is following their rules.

It depends on what the actual rules are. Supposedly cocaine and weed aren't banned out-of-competition. If TRT/roids/etc. are then you got your answer. It doesn't have anything to do with the UFC bending the rules for Jones, if Jones technically didn't break any explicit rules for what he did, then does not have to be punished. Healy and others failing post-fight tests are examples of people breaking explicit rules- therefore are punished accordingly.

Coke and weed is not banned out of competition, while steroids, etc are banned in and out of competition.

Oh. Well didnt diaz get suspended even though he had a meducal marijuana scrip...and Vitor only tested for elevated TRT which they do allow for fights.

Oh. Well didnt diaz get suspended even though he had a meducal marijuana scrip...and Vitor only tested for elevated TRT which they do allow for fights.

If someone had prescription to use some form of roids and they tested positive for it they would also get punished. That shit has to be settled with the AC and if htey still say don't use it, then they should expect to get in trouble if they test positive.

there's no such thing as elevated trt. diaz was suspended because he violated the ac rules.

Diaz was in competition. Also, elevated TRT is not a thing. That's like saying you had an elevated massage.

They're following the rules that were set in place LONG before Jones got popped - and you're mad about that?

I'm glad the AC is following their rules.

Im not even mad im just saying how it should be like any rational human being. UFC is looking hypocritical (yet again) to most. If it was out of comp for any other fighter i guarantee there'd be a punishment

Wanderlei Silva wasn't even licensed by the commission at the time they attempted to test him and he refused AND it was out of competition, but he still received basically a lifetime ban.

Im not even mad im just saying how it should be like any rational human being. UFC is looking hypocritical (yet again) to most. If it was out of comp for any other fighter i guarantee there'd be a punishment

The UFC didn't Punish Diaz, Wand, or Vitor. The AC punished them - Diaz failed a post fight test, Vitor, Sonnen, and Wand failed for performance enhancers, not recreational drugs. Had they failed for coke, they wouldn't have had a problem.

And what punishment did Vitor get? The AC basically said "HEY MAN! NO BIG DEAL!" And then invited him to a BBQ to celebrate his title shot.

Wanderlei Silva wasn't even licensed by the commission at the time they attempted to test him and he refused AND it was out of competition, but he still received basically a lifetime ban.

so you think what jones did is worse??? lol.

If someone had prescription to use some form of roids and they tested positive for it they would also get punished. That shit has to be settled with the AC and if htey still say don't use it, then they should expect to get in trouble if they test positive.

I get it man...thanks for the info but i do believe that if it was another fighter they'd hand out some kind of punishment to set an example. I wonder if the AC will step in.There is almost no point in him going to rehab its just to save face. I dont believe hell stop doing blow for a second.

pga suspended dustin johnson 6 months after he tested positive for coke. for the 3rd time.

Back