wasn't Wand and Vitor suspending for non fight drug tests?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Automatic Man, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Automatic Man

Automatic Man Die like a champion, ya hey!

Thats some bs.

2. GordaoPreguico

GordaoPreguico Red Belt

I love Wand but there really is no comparison. We dont know if he was on steroids, coke, weed, a combo of all 3 because he never took the test which is why failing it is better than not taking it. All we have to go by is his word which is nothing in the eyes of the commission. But banning him for life is BS.

3. TheOneWhoKnows

TheOneWhoKnows Blue Belt

No I think that the commission punished a person that they had no current jurisdiction over and had no right to randomly test. Since he wasn't licensed and hadn't even filed the application yet it's no different than the commission randomly coming up to you and trying to drug test you and then you refuse. So if anything I'm only saying the commission still punished Wanderlei even when it wasn't within their own guidelines and they had no authority to do so, so if they wanted to punish Jones right or wrong they would.

He could of course fight it with a lawyer like Wanderlei did, but I highly doubt the commission plans to do anything.

4. Automatic Man

Automatic Man Die like a champion, ya hey!

Lol but he got a six month suspension man. Ufc decided to let him keep the title shot though which was surprising arguably fucked up. But coke is actually a drug you will be put in jail for unlike TRT

5. Average

Average Blue Belt

The AC did step in and report it's findings. That all they legally can do. The rules were already set, and Jones did not break them.

However, it is very telling what the AC and the UFC have together by hiding this until after the fight. I am very disappointed in the AC. It really shows fighter safety can take back seat to big card revenue.

6. GordonMMARamsey

GordonMMARamsey Black Belt

You wonder if the AC will step in? They're the ones that tested him, they knew about it Dec 23rd, they have no ground to stand on. Their rules state - cocaine is not a banned substance out of competition. What would they step in and do? Why should they?

7. Gatts

Gatts Green Belt

To-the-point, factual and providing the accurate information needed.
    If this is your m/o, you've had your work cut out for you the past 12 hours.

8. GordonMMARamsey

He failed an out of competition drug test for doing a little coke - six months seems perfect. He goes to rehab, he cant fight or make money for six months, he'll learn his lesson.

9. yetanother

yetanother Brown Belt

What would be the benefit from suspending Jones be? Send the message across that "Coke is bad. It gets you fired.".
    Steroids are banned because the increase performance and are unhealthy so it's supposed to decrease the pressure on fighters to use them.
    Coke is just unhealthy.
    Should Roy Nelson be suspended for being fat?

10. GordonMMARamsey

So do you believe they should fire him?

11. Andre Xiong

Andre Xiong Silver Belt Professional Fighter

True, but the UFC can always exercise their own punishment; they opted to fully support Jones. Which is fine except in the past they likely threw smaller name fighters under the bus for similar drug failures.

It's like NFL players who can be penalized by their team/coach in addition to the NFL commissioner.

12. zuffazombee

zuffazombee Blue Belt

[​IMG]

13. bigconan

bigconan Silver Belt

Let me get this straight. A guy that is a nobody in the ufc, should be treated like the lb for lb best fighter in the world? Sorry, that's not how things work. Jones has earned the right to be treated special. He's the best. He has broken no laws. cocaine is not illegal out of competition.

14. fightfan84

fightfan84 Silver Belt

man I donno where you live but sounds like an awesome place to party. Where I come from, cocaine is always illegal, if competing or just having some fun, class one narcotics. You can get jail time for a gram if you don't rat people out. No one has earned the right to get away with that shit, worst part is the example he gives to all the young kids who look up to him